Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

MU655

I swear there seems to be far more head injuries than usual this tournament. It seems to be happening every game.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Glad this is over with. Luckily the games today look like they'll be of increasing quality.

Alemar

A very important result for Russia, now they have decent chances to qualify

RedDevilRoshi

Only real bit of quality in that game was the goal. Both Finland & Russia look so poor.

edcunited1878

This was a very low quality game, how are commentators trying to justify any quality.

This is where the 3rd place group stage teams shouldn't have any route to the knockout stages. It dilutes the tournament.

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Got a feeling Wales-Turkey is going to have lots of goals. Can’t give you a reason why.

Also great result for Russia, won with a superb goal.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Denmark is almost eliminated with this result.

Now they have to best Russia, and at least get a draw from Belgium today.

Seems pretty over.

Mike Smalling

Ok, so contrary to what I thought earlier, this was actually the perfect result for Denmark. Assuming Belgium beat Finland (fairly safe bet), Denmark will just need to beat Russia by any other score than 1-0 to secure 2nd place. A 1-0 victory would mean it goes to goal difference for the entire group - i.e. who got the narrowest defeat against Belgium.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Denmark would have probably comfortably finished 2nd in this group under normal circumstances. Such a fecking shame.

Mike Smalling

Denmark would have probably comfortably finished 2nd in this group under normal circumstances. Such a fecking shame.
We still will. Only takes Belgium beating Finland and us beating Russia. It will happen - believe!

PoTMS

BBC trying to gauge the opinion of Turkish fans by visiting the local barbers and kebab shop.

kidbob

Is it too much to ask that players get singing lessons so they don't butcher their national anthem?

Alemar

We still will. Only takes Belgium beating Finland and us beating Russia. It will happen - believe!
What makes you think you will beat Russia in a situation when they require a draw? Russia was much better than Finland today

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Fair enough, I suppose I'm less confident when everything rides on one do or die game, without Eriksen.

MU655

I presuming most of them speak Welsh? Isn't it a much more widespread spoken language in Wales than, say, Irish is in Ireland?
A lot of them won't be able to speak Welsh, but just know the anthem.

kidbob

I feel like on paper Scotland is a better side than Wales but they drew a harder group. Wales need to have a go here and they should be very capable of winning this game.

PoTMS

Just when you thought Aaron Ramsey couldn't get more greedy.