g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

kidbob

Wales are a much better side than Scotland and their group is definitely no harder.
Are they really anymore though? I mean a lot of their names are basically past it. I'd much rather have Tierney, McTominay, McGinn and Robertson than Bale and Ramsey at this point. Maybe I'm underrating then rest of the Welsh though and overrating the rest of the Scottish. To be fair I watched Wales play Ireland twice lately and seen us outplay them twice even if the results didn't go our way, and we are absolutely shite! I think any group with England (top 3 in the tournament) and Croatia (still decent) is harder than what is basically just Italy and two half decent sides.

Dante

Average bang
Wales have one world class player. They should be focussing on playing through him as much as possible. Get the ball to Dan James.

kidbob

Have we ever really tried James along with Cavani? I'm not saying he's great but to be fair to the lad you could make a long compilation of great crosses from his time here that we never had a real 9 to get on the end of.

Welbeckham

James’ left footed crosses to Moore always look deadly. If we are not going to start him on the left, might as well sell him now that his market value is peaking.

kidbob

Wales looking good here, especially James. For some reason I thought Turkey were in a bit of a resurgence but they continue to look shite.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Kiefer Moore has only ever scored for Wales on even-numbered caps (2, 4, 6, 12, 14, 18). Today is his 19th Wales game, so I hope nobody's put money on him bagging one.

KC91

The way Turkey was talked up pre-tournament you’d think they were the 9th or 10th best team here. Looking more like 20th-24th best atm.

PoTMS

Wales by far the better team. Need to make this early dominance count though.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Who is that James lad on the left?

He looks quite handy...

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Great game so far, James looking up for it.

Lived in North Wales area for a while (worked on Anglesey) and Welsh was quite prominent among those I encountered, bar Bangor, which was predominantly English-speaking from my experiences anyway.
They don’t speak Welsh they speak Gog
A horrible branched off version of Welsh.