Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Lyricist

2-0, really happy for Senegal, brilliant header! Senegal are in a good position now for the final group game.

That said, I hope the shouts regarding any potential fixing in the Qatar games don't come back. That should've been a goalkick for Qatar and not a corner. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Qatar are genuinely one of the worst teams to ever appear at a World Cup, absolute shite.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Billions spent to be a bottom feeder. Stop the count!!!!!

Edit: should have added one more rule - No winning against Qatar NT

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Already spotting people leaving after that goal.

Anustart89

What a cheat, pushes and pulls and then the Senegalese player tries to shrug him off and he goes down like a sack of shit :lol:

RoyH1

Klinsmann is a fecking moron, what is he talking about?

"...in their culture to cheat, lucky they had a Guatemalan referee..."

Racist prick
There's so much of that thinly veiled racism/culturalism from commentators in Europe but unfortunately also sometimes here in the forum too. Mostly Muslim countries but Latin Americans are fair game as well. It's very subtle, but it's there. Interestingly African countries are mostly spared from this kind of thing.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Qatar getting spanked in every game and shown up by their regional rivals in other games would be quite cathartic.

Mike Smalling

What is the worst ever result by a host nation? Has a host nation ever failed to get a point or score a goal?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Nice first touch from the Qatar keeper, it barely travelled 30yd

Stadjer

Most probably Iran-Netherlands in the Round of 16. We'll see how you do against this cannon fodder? @Stadjer
Didnt watch the game. Maybe they played better because against England they did play like cannon fodder. England played fine but Iran was horrible. Dont think Iran should be a problem for us though. I would be disappointed if we lost to them.

Hilarious that you tag me though… im sorry i offended you by not declaring England holy after beating a terrible Iran :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I genuinely can't comprehend how they could have won the Asia Cup.
I was thinking this right now. I suppose we would have to go back and watch the games, but it looks absolutely baffling based on this evidence.

Everything they do looks so clumsy and amateur. Awkward movements on and off the ball. They remind me of the athletes at soccer aid from other sports.

Kopral Jono

What happened to the African teams? They were supposed to be on the up but they've all been rubbish.
Rubbish is probably too strong of a word. Senegal are depleted by injuries, Ghana gave a decent account of themselves last night and Tunisia and Morocco showed good promise. Cameroon looked shit, though.

Idxomer

I was thinking this right now. I suppose we would have to go back and watch the games, but it looks absolutely baffling based on this evidence.

Everything they do looks so clumsy and amateur. Awkward movements on and off the ball. They remind me of the athletes at soccer aid from other sports.
Someone here was saying they peaked too early, I vaguely remember them being very good and full of running in their final two games.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Someone give Afif his own ball so he can play with Felix

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Maybe? One of their regional rivals being the fecking Saudis kind of takes the gloss off though.
Yeah, I know the Saudis are even worse, but this lot are the ones who have bought the tournament so I'm quite liking seeing as much egg on their face as possible.

Dazzmondo

Akram Afif should go back to Europe. Was never given a chance at Villarreal. I'm really disappointed by Almoez Ali. I had heard a lot of good things about him but he's shown nothing

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Someone here was saying they peaked too early, I vaguely remember them being very good and full of running in their final two games.
It would genuinely be interesting to see. There does seem to be energy there from a few players, but the quality of control, passing, shooting etc seems way off.

lawliet354

At that time they looked genuinely good, especially in counter, but they have regressed massively. And Japan in 2019 never looked convincing the entire tournament, still a surprising result but believable if you follow Asian football closely

But that 2019 cup is still nowhere near surprising compare to 2007, where Iraq won the whole thing