Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Dudu

Feels like a matter of time before Ecuador equalizes.

So naturally, Netherlands will probably go 2 up.

the_cliff

Gakpo isn't really a good possession player, is he ?

I know he scored but his general play has been shocking.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Depends where you look doesn't it?

England probably have the most talented squad we've had for years... same for Brazil.
And Spain.

I would argue all the other big hitters are the worst they’ve been in a while. Germany, Argentina, Netherlands. Italy didn’t even make it. France aren’t as strong as in 2018 either. Portugal probably about the same but with a pensioner Ronaldo. And the majority of the remaining teams have been crap.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
As soon as we face a proper team we're fecked.
There's just no synergy on the pitch, no proper sequences. Plus so many cases of poor passes and control. Painful to watch.

I imagine Dumfries or Timber is coming off at halftime, it's bizarre how Ecuador are basically having a free run at their side of the pitch.

PoTMS

I'd be delighted if we get that far.
Looks like you may get a England at World Cup 2018 route if Argentina fail to top their group.

Round of 16: Iran/USA
QF: Mexico/Poland/Denmark/Tunisia

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wesley's been enjoying retirement hasn't he

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I imagine Dumfries or Timber is coming off at halftime, it's bizarre how Ecuador are basically having a free run at their side of the pitch.
And Klaassen. Turning everything he touches to shit today. (Although he's not quite alone in that.)

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'm JACKED to the tits for this game against the yanks. Just letting you all know x

Idxomer

And Spain.

I would argue all the other big hitters are the worst they’ve been in a while. Germany, Argentina, Netherlands. Italy didn’t even make it. France aren’t as strong as in 2018 either. Portugal probably about the same but with a pensioner Ronaldo. And the majority of the remaining teams have been crap.
All those teams are better now than they were 4 years ago except maybe France who still started this World Cup much better than they did in Russia.

This is maybe the best Portugal squad ever.

Stadjer

Wish we could score a second and play Frimpong in the second half. Curious to see him play. Supposed to be lightning quick and very good going forward

Hanks

surreal videos and photos coming from Iran.

Regime security forces ramping around the streets with their motor cycles waving the regime flag in large numbers to celebrate the win. low-key ISIS in Raqqa flashbacks.

Smacky The Frog

there's going to be a red card in this match at some point. ref is letting a lot of extras go, especially from Ecuador.