Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
US like so many international teams nowadays, lack that dominant CF. Weah is o.k but average ball control and awareness. Has Pulisic ever been tried centrally? Might be worth putting Reyna on and trying that.
I said earlier Aaronson should have started in a False 9 role. He'll press and is fantastic on counters, rapid.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don't know why people laugh at Henderson. He is better than Bellingham and Rice and should be starting. Without question.
A few years ago you could have made that argument but he’s been shite for ages. That being said it’s a low bar tonight, so let’s see

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shaw's probably been England's best player tonight, hit a nice cross in first half that Sterling fired way over and a few of England's good moves have come down his side.

Rest have been very poor. The shape hasn't really changed much with these subs either.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Looks every bit of a young 19 year old playing in a world cup just slightly too soon tonight. Didn't see the first game
Yeah, the same has been true for Camavinga. He has generally looked shaky with France while being far better for Real Madrid including in the CL. International Football is just different, I think that it has a lot to do with being unfamiliar with your teammates.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Southgate is genuinely happy to keep this going. Fecking hell make some changes already!
I'm thinking you would be better off getting that Dutch Bird in. She couldn't do any worse

Sylar

Shaw's probably been England's best player tonight, hit a nice cross in first half that Sterling fired way over and a few of England's good moves have come down his side.

Rest have been very poor. The shape hasn't really changed much with these subs either.
Maguire has been defensively strong

Walters_19_MuFc

Considering the gulf in quality between the two sides, it's embarrassing that England can't get a hold of the game. A good manager makes a difference here.
Netherlands and Van Gaal did the same against Ecuador today. Its about reading the flow of the game.

That being said, the addition of Henderson isn't necessarily negative. It may give us a better balance.

Time will tell.

CloneMC16

I can't believe I'm watching the USA dominate England. Way too many of our players have been poor.

Leg-End

Imagine managing as a profession and not seeing how bad Mount is playing

avgp_1

He is the only one with some composure on the ball. England have been hurried from the middle 3rd onwards