Day 7: Portugal vs Morocco, Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia and Iran vs Spain

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I dont want Spain to go through but if Iran somehow manage it we have to cope with the vuvuzelas in a knockout match and I don’t think I can cope with that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Iran have produced a masterclass in time wasting. AvsolAbsol no intention to score a goal. They retreat Whan Dave gets the ball at his feet. Rubbish!

GeorgieBoy

Loving this. More shithousery 2nd half please. The more feigned injuries the better.

Loublaze

ATLien
Iran have produced a masterclass in time wasting. AvsolAbsol no intention to score a goal. They retreat Whan Dave gets the ball at his feet. Rubbish!
Lol the bastards are annoying everyone but their own fans and Spain haters. They're not even trying to settle the ball in some instances and just booting it up the field.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The best part about this is that a draw and a loss is pretty much the same for Iran, they're still going to have to win the last game either way :lol:

Vindal

This whole thing about it being charming to have less prominent football nations at the world cup is getting beyond stupid. How I wish the referee would start booking players for wasting time in the first half...

ti vu

The best part about this is that a draw and a loss is pretty much the same for Iran, they're still going to have to win the last game either way :lol:
Why they need to win the last game if they're to draw this game? I meant another draw in last round and 5 points should be enough to get them to KO round

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
Sapim doesn't need to play with 4 defenders. They should take away Alba and put Asensio instead.

If they still don't score in the minute 70, send Sergio Ramos up as a forward to the box and start sending crosses, for sure he will win one of them.

Get Asensio in and have him shooting bombs from outside the area for the next 45 minutes :mad:
This.

Morata isn't with the squad iirc.
Theither one of the 3 in fact.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why they need to win the last game if they're to draw this game? I meant another draw in last round and 5 points should be enough to get them to KO round
Assuming Spain beat Morocco 1-0, Iran would be dumped out because of goals scored with Spain and Portugal having the 3-3 draw

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They'd finish behind Portugal and Spain if Spain beats Morocco. Goal difference would be the same but Portugal and Spain scored more goals because of the 3-3 draw.

Iran are giving it their all to draw this game but it barely matters for them, a draw and a loss is pretty much the same :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Because its boring. Everyone knows why they're doing it but it's still dull to watch.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't want to watch a tournament of this but they're up against Spain and have a tactic to try and get a point and maybe qualify. Makes sense to me (and quite interesting to see a drilled side defend.... well.
Because they are Iran. If it were Italy doing it, would have called it tradition.
Exactly. Think it was 11 goals in 7 games to win the WC? Hardly thrilling?

MDFC Manager

The world cup as usual delivering an abundant amount of terrible games. And in 2026 it's getting even better with 16 more teams of Iran's calibre and even more terrible games.
And in a complete bastard of a time zone. Might as well boycott all the games until the last 4.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This Iranian bus looks impenetrable at the moment...