Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How are Mexico not a bigger footballing nation?
More than twice as many inhabitants as Argentina. Is football not their biggest sport? How do they not produce a world class player every now and then?
I wonder this quite often. Their league is better than the MLS but doesn't attract the bigger names

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
More than twice as many inhabitants as Argentina. Is football not their biggest sport? How do they not produce a world class player every now and then?
They produce good boxers, but as for team sports I can't think of anything outside of football that they are half decent at.

Hugo Sanchez, Rafael Marquez and Luis Hernandez were all world class tbf. Been ages since them though.

Righteous Steps

They’re even bigger underachievers than Nigeria who to their credit still manage to produce the odd top class player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Enzo Fernandez looks very good. Benfica have secured their annual massive transfer export

Zen

Is Lee Dixon the most negative commentator in history? There's part of me that thinks he's never actually watched Messi before, or more likely, since he's been 30 for certain.

jesperjaap

Weve missed a trick not signing him cheap the summer gone, but this window or summer, £100-150m on Belloingham is ridiculous even though eh will be a great player....Enzo Fernandes is as good as Bellingham.

Reads the game well defensively, tough takler, doesnt give the ball away, good technique, good weight of pass, good decision making....sees a through ball when is on, can carry the ball. Told my friend to put him in dream team as cheap, if Argentina are to be sucessful int his world cup, he should be starting, crackign young player

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Are De Paul and Mac Allister really the best midfield options? Enzo and Palacios already look better and they've only been on for 10 mins.

Redfrog

Argentina have been better than Brazil fairly consistently over the last couple of years so we’ll see about that.
Brazil team is much more impressive and to play friendlies and so on is not the same as the World Cup.
Look at France. They have been sh*t lately but seems the most impressive team I think so far (maybe I am a bit biased :D ).

avgp_1

De Paul runs and runs but his form has absolutely deserted him in these games