Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Great first touch.

Canada need to hold hold on for a bit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think the style Canada play would make a lot of teams look old. The Netherlands, for example, would also be completely overrun. It makes a good case for playing a more progressive style with national teams - which most don't.
To be fair Netherlands have a very athletic back line so I don't think it would have the same effect. But yeah Canada's approach definitely upsetting all those who try to have slow, controlled games

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Croatia have had all the play over the last 15-20 minutes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feck. Canada's counter completely went away the past 10-15 minutes so it was coming.. benefit of having a great midfield where you can just control games

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Kramaric has been excellent.

Gordon S

He's not playing lb for Canada though. He's been playing on the wing. He is fantastic as a lb/lwb for Bayern also though.
Yeah, he is so good in attack it certainly makes sense to play him on the wing like this as well, like he does today

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Croatia have been excellent these last 15. Some real quality passing.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
To be fair Netherlands have a very athletic back line so I don't think it would have the same effect. But yeah Canada's approach definitely upsetting all those who try to have slow, controlled games
In theory it's pretty good, but in practice, Ecuador were all over then on Friday and I think Canada would be better at exactly what was hurting the Netherlands in that game. I can't imagine the Dutch right to stay as open though.

Red Star One

good game that. Even with Belgium underperforming this might be the strongest and arguably most exciting group at this WC

Lyricist

Croatian-German co-commentator Ivan Klasnic just said on German tv: "like they always say, Croatian players are the Brazilians of Europe, ..."

Is this really something that people say about Croatian footballers? Obviously a lot of them have great technical skill, but is this really a nickname for them?