Day 8: Japan vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Morocco | Croatia vs Canada | Spain vs Germany

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So impressed with Davies. How much would he cost in current market? (I know Bayern wouldn't sell)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
There were some Celtic fans a while ago telling me how great Juranovic was and that if Utd were smart we would sign him. He's looked rubbish so far. Wasn't impressed whenever I saw him play in Europe either.
Yeah, he is average fb. Not bad (as he is today) but in general, pretty average

Superunknown

What is the scenario or series of events that will need to unfold to allow both Morocco and Canada to go through?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If this result sits, Canada and Morocco draw and Croatia beat Belgium things start getting dicey then for Canada. Goal difference comes into play
In that case if Croatia wins 1-0 and Canada Morocco is 0-0 then I think it would be head to head. I think it goes goal difference, goal scored, then head to head, them fair play

Gordon S

I thought Shaw looked class as a LB.
Davies is on another level!
Leftback version of Mbappe

arnie_ni

In that case if Croatia wins 1-0 and Canada Morocco is 0-0 then I think it would be head to head. I think it goes goal difference, goal scored, then head to head, them fair play
Cheers. Getting ahead of myself obviously but good to know how the process works

bosnian_red

What is the scenario or series of events that will need to unfold to allow both Morocco and Canada to go through?
Any Canada win here and then 2 draws on the last day for the teams in their group (or a Croatia win would be goal difference).

arnie_ni

Canada will get loads of counter attacking opportunities here. Need to make one count and bag a second

bosnian_red

I would be shocked if Buchanon doesn't get himself a big move after this world cup. At Brugges right now, only 23. That pace, dribbling and agility to play either wing is huge

Dazzmondo

He's not playing lb for Canada though. He's been playing on the wing. He is fantastic as a lb/lwb for Bayern also though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Davies is far more explosive and dynamic. Shaw's lack of attacking ability is what stops him from being truly top class.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Croatia look washed just like Belgium do
I think the style Canada play would make a lot of teams look old. The Netherlands, for example, would also be completely overrun. It makes a good case for playing a more progressive style with national teams - which most don't.

Idxomer

Croatia have been playing well, a lot of good passing and technical ability in their team.