g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

RedDevilRoshi

Shows you how big a miss Neymar is. There is literally no creativity in this Brazil team. Struggling to get both Vini & Raphinha in the game.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Every single game I've seen Switzerland playing in have been shite. I hope that Brazil score first.

Tony247

Don't they have anybody better than Fred? It's like playing with 10 men.

bosskeano

dire match so far....no reason to have basically 3 defensive mids playing against the swiss

need to get a more attack minded #10 on the pitch or just add another forward like how they use Neymar

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Very happy that our very own Remo Frueler is dealing with the United /Brazil midfield - bodes well for the first match back.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Does Antony not get any game time for Brazil? I don't find Raphinha that impressive himself.

Idxomer

Kinda feel Brazil would play better with the players they have in attack on the bench, especially Jesus and Martinelli.

Jev

Shows you how big a miss Neymar is. There is literally no creativity in this Brazil team. Struggling to get both Vini & Raphinha in the game.
Their lineup is pretty underwhelming from an attacking perspective today. You have a centre-back playing right-back, two defensive midfielders, another midfielder who hasn't impressed for West Ham, Raphinha hasn't set the world alight at Barcelona, and their starting striker is a rotation player at Spurs where he plays on the wing. There's a lot of attacking weight on Vinicius' shoulders.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Classic Switzerland. Suck all the life out of the game. That said, we haven't done much with the opportunities we've had. Very wasteful again.

RedDevilRoshi

Their lineup is pretty underwhelming from an attacking perspective today. You have a centre-back playing right-back, two defensive midfielders, another midfielder who hasn't impressed for West Ham, Raphinha hasn't set the world alight at Barcelona, and their starting striker is a rotation player at Spurs where he plays on the wing. There's a lot of attacking weight on Vinicius' shoulders.
I agree. It was a very underwhelming lineup when I seen it and it’s proven to be the case so far. Very defensive.

I thought with Neymar injured they would have brought in a like for like attacking replacement for him which looking at their bench, they aren’t short of.

IFC 1905

Does Antony not get any game time for Brazil? I don't find Raphinha that impressive himself.

Raphinha has taken on players more times in this half than Antony at his whole Utd career so far

It's the first time I'm watching this Brasil side at the WC and they're not showing something that interesting. The only team that surprised me is Spain, but again they couldn't score more than once against Germany who even had the winner at the end.

But I feel this Brazil team wouldn't beat Spain, unless some magic moment from either Vini or Neymar happens

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I love Fred, but it's probably for the best to have some kind of klaxon that goes off every time a teammate voluntarily gives him the ball in their own half.