Gaming Days Gone (PS4 game)

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I have to say, I agree. The more I play it the more it gets better. Upgrades have made a huge difference to the controls, and the story while nothing original is good enough. I don’t see how anyone could give it a score below 7. Having a lot of fun with it now that I’m figuring this out. The game really doesn’t hold your hand too much, and let’s go altogether when it comes to dealing with swarmers.

I’d give it solid 8 to be honest.
I agree with you, it's not revolutionised the genre but what it does it does well in terms of an open world game, nothing below 7/10 and I rarely listen to reviewers on ign etc I usually checkout what ordinary gamers are saying.

Reddy Rederson

I agree with you, it's not revolutionised the genre but what it does it does well in terms of an open world game, nothing below 7/10 and I rarely listen to reviewers on ign etc I usually checkout what ordinary gamers are saying.
This guy has a theory about why it got such a low score on gamespot.

One the comments the guy highlights, points out the fact that according the gamespot days gone is only slightly better than fallout 76 and worse than anthem. :houllier:

b82REZ

Was going to trade some games in and grab this for some bank holiday gaming but my gf got me a VR so going to get games for that instead this month.

Have to say though I am excited to play this. Not sure why but its really piqued my interest. Hoping it has a rapid price drop and I can pick it up cheaper next month because even second hand it's still at least £45.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There’s like a motel place in the north of the map with two X marks for dead bodies in two locked rooms. Anyone found a way to get in there?

Reddy Rederson

There’s like a motel place in the north of the map with two X marks for dead bodies in two locked rooms. Anyone found a way to get in there?
If it’s the same place I’m thinking of, you go around the back and climb up on the lower roof and go in through the back windows that are open.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If it’s the same place I’m thinking of, you go around the back and climb up on the lower roof and go in through the back windows that are open.
Ah ffs I didn’t see the transformer I could climb on. Checked every side except that. Cheers.

PieCrust

Picked this up because I had a 20% off voucher. Anyway, I spent all weekend playing this and had a blast. There's not a lot that is original here and it's kind of repetitive, but for some reason the sum is greater than the parts.

The reviews that put in the 6 or 7 out of 10 range are accurate. Doesn't mean that the game isn't fun though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finally finished this. Enjoyable! Ignore the shit reviews it’s a good game.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yea a lot of people are saying it's good. Will pick it up at some point.

Reddy Rederson

Is there much replay value?
"a free Days Gone DLC will be releasing next month. The DLC drop includes a new difficulty mode and new bike, as well as a horde or combat challenge for players to complete for each week in June."

At the moment theres a lot to do. Visiting sites, killing hordes, finding markers, etc. And once the credits are finished rolling theres a few more missions that tie up loose ends(or maybe start new ends ;)). Theres no new game plus mode. Easy, normal and hard is all you get at the moment. The DLC thats coming next month should offer replay value, currently it largely depends on how much you like the story and characters and if you want to go through it again on a higher difficulty. I plan on giving the survival difficulty a go once it drops. I know theres no fast travel or survival sense in the new mode, but Im kinda hoping its a single save/single life as well. Ramp up the tension when dealing with the hordes :lol:.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
£16 on PS Store. Picked this up and I’m actually finding it pretty good.

maybe because me and Mrs Volumiza are belatedly ploughing through the walking dead but even so, nice graphics, plays pretty well so far. Enjoying it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
£16 on PS Store. Picked this up and I’m actually finding it pretty good.

maybe because me and Mrs Volumiza are belatedly ploughing through the walking dead but even so, nice graphics, plays pretty well so far. Enjoying it.
Yeah it’s a solid game. Good fun.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The plot is awful and I hated all the characters but the game itself is pretty good fun. Mainly when you get further on and unlock all the ways to fight hordes.

It is very long and very repetitive at times, also.

One of those games that could've been a 9/10 but some silly decisions by the developers left it a 7/10, but still worth playing, especially at 16 quid.

Volumiza

The plot is awful and I hated all the characters but the game itself is pretty good fun. Mainly when you get further on and unlock all the ways to fight hordes.

It is very long and very repetitive at times, also.

One of those games that could've been a 9/10 but some silly decisions by the developers left it a 7/10, but still worth playing, especially at 16 quid.
Pretty much why I’ve waited for it to come down in price. At £16 though and running on a Pro I’m dead impressed and enjoying it.

Like I said though, I’m all about Zombies for the first time in my life :lol:

When Covid came about me and my Mrs started watching every pandemic film under the sun then zombie films and then eventually we got on to Walking Dead, this game is great fun while watching the tv show at the same time!

Anyway, £16, the graphic and lighting are fantastic and the combat is pretty good too. I can already see it may get repetitive but while it lasts I’m gonna enjoy it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Pretty shit game. Good to look at — decent checkerboard implementation and good HDR. Quite a decent world that feels kind of lived in. Decan and Boozer are good, relatable characters but that’s where it stops.
The ai is horrifically dumb. I mean I was playing the game one the hardest difficulty and I had absolutely no problem dealing with enemies etc. Using weapons is pointless — the aiming is absolutely garbage. Also I just got bored of it after about 5 hours as I resorted to stealth killing over and over as it was by far the easiest method. Had the makings of a great game but in game mechanics ruined it for me.

Morpheus 7

It's very rare I don't finish a game but I had to stop this one. It's just awful, an unfinished mess that deserved worse reviews. The uproar at the time was hilarious, people were determined to love it regardless of the reviews. I give it a chance and was shocked how poor it was. The characters were atrocious, the voice syncing was hilariously bad. The infected looked poor up close and fetch quests to upgrade a bike was dull. The story, weapons ect just poor.
Can't wait to play TLOU2, it will be a proper finished game.

b82REZ

I grabbed this on disc last week for the same price.

So far its exactly as I expected. A solid game and well worth £16 but I would definitely would have felt different if I'd paid full price for it.

Volumiza

I grabbed this on disc last week for the same price.

So far its exactly as I expected. A solid game and well worth £16 but I would definitely would have felt different if I'd paid full price for it.
Yeah the same. For £16 I can enjoy it till I’m bored and not feel fleeced.

Same with Death Stranding, I’m waiting for that to come down too.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Will probably check this out now with the price drop.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I got about 50 hours of decent entertainment out of this game. Was gutted to finish it. The hordes make it interesting especially in the 3rd area where they are close together, so you run from one into another.

el3mel

I bought this while it was $20 and definitely was worth such price. It has its flaws but for such price you'll 100% get your money worth it.

This game's main problem is its main story missions. While the story and characters themselves are engaging, the main story missions are very, very linear and generic ones that don't try to do anything creative. You can't choose different routes or try any creative solutions for problem in them. If they want you to go full action in a mission they'll force you to by having a character doing stupid mistake to uncover you, and if they want you to go full stealth they'll force you to by forcing an instant game over on being exposed mechanic on you. You play these missions the way the developers want, which is very disappointing, especially because how long the story is. It's at least a 30 hours main campaign without side activities. A little more creativity in designing them would have a helped.

However, once you decide to stop doing main missions and explore the world you'll find a completely different game that encourages you to be creative and plan well for any side activity. Doing ambush camps are a lot of fun, thanks to different ways you can tackle them. It never ceases being fun to attract a nearby horde or group of freakers to the camp and let them clear the majority of it for you. You can go sniping from distance, you can go stealth, you can go full action, you can do anything you want. Clearing hordes requires a lot of planning and crafting, and rewards you for being smart with what you have. The open world is very organic and that's the best thing about it.

It's really shame they couldn't copy the same creativity to the main missions. Pretty weird when you think about it.

I rate this at 7/10 thanks to this unfortunately, but for 15-20 dollars, this is a great deal. You will enjoy your time with it and won't feel like you got robbed of your money or something.

AaronRedDevil

This has been added to PS Now, is it a good game worth playing?
Yeah it’s pretty good. Get very grindy towards the end if you want the extra bits at the last mission. But the main story doesn’t change. It’s fun and the zombies are actually fun to fight. Especially the hordes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Downloaded it last night so I'll give it a whirl over the weekend.

Last PS Now game I played in full was Shadow of the Tomb Raider... I had a bash with Watchdogs 2 but really didn't get into it at all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm really surprised by how good this is. Not done with it but I've thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Volumiza

I'm really surprised by how good this is. Not done with it but I've thoroughly enjoyed this one.
It is good. I bought it a while back, played it and enjoyed it but stopped. Downloaded it on PS5 a few weeks aback and started playing again and enjoying it loads more this time. I'm getting a bit more badass now.

evil_geko

Yep, most underrated game I have played probably, it never felt boring or repetitive and that is rare for open world games. The low scores regarding bug on release are fair play, but some of the other criticism I saw of it was ridiculous.

And it's pretty sad how this wont get a sequel while the more repetitive and boring experiences like with Assassins Creed are getting countless copy paste installments.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Just replaying this (not plus, will do that next) and I am hooked again. Having an understanding from the outset on crafting, a vague recollection of the hordes and trust dynamics has made it a more fun experience.