De Bruyne Mania - Gabriel Jesus new latest example

Redcy

You do realise that using neutral, England and United players (in particular Pogba, but also look at Lukaku) in the same sentence is horse shit right? No non-UNited fan in England is going to say Pogba is any good, most won't even admitted he is even above average. The hatred for United in England far outweighs any neutralness. Put up a simple post on a football page on facebook tonight where you don't have a heavy United contingent. "Is Pogba world class, above average, average, dog shit", and I am guessing that those neutrals would give you average and dog shit as the answer.

frank lee madeer..

De bruyne imo is currently operating at a higher level than any other midfielder in the prem. That might change as the season develops though , hes a match winner for them in current form.

AllezLesDiables

I understand why people compare KDB and Pogba, but they play different games, and have diverse skills. KDB's weakness is his dribbling in tight spaces. KDB is the best metronome architect I've seen play in 40 years.

Pogba has better close control and has a bit more flair to his game, and isn't afraid to use his physicality.

Both have excellent long range shots with Pogba being arguably better.

Two different types of architects of attack.

What can set KDB apart from other players is his ability, when in rhythm, to lead rapid counter attacks and play touch perfect through balls. Other players can make those passes, but typically they are not running full speed or it's a one off. Whereas with KDB, you may see 4-5 passes of similar quality when he's in rhythm.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I understand why people compare KDB and Pogba, but they play different games, and have diverse skills. KDB's weakness is his dribbling in tight spaces. KDB is the best metronome architect I've seen play in 40 years.

Pogba has better close control and has a bit more flair to his game, and isn't afraid to use his physicality.

Both have excellent long range shots with Pogba being arguably better.

Two different types of architects of attack.

What can set KDB apart from other players is his ability, when in rhythm, to lead rapid counter attacks and play touch perfect through balls. Other players can make those passes, but typically they are not running full speed or it's a one off. Whereas with KDB, you may see 4-5 passes of similar quality when he's in rhythm.
What??

AllezLesDiables

What I meant by metronome architect was that it seems like the field tilts down toward the opposing goal when De Bruyne is on rhythm.

The metronome description was perhaps an overly colorful metaphor for consistent rhythm albeit in De Bruyne's case at typically rapid/break neck pace.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
What I meant by metronome architect was that it seems like the field tilts down toward the opposing goal when De Bruyne is on rhythm.

The metronome description was perhaps an overly colorful metaphor for consistent rhythm albeit in De Bruyne's case at typically rapid/break neck pace.
Why are you writing like a football professor?

Inter Yer Nan

You do realise that using neutral, England and United players (in particular Pogba, but also look at Lukaku) in the same sentence is horse shit right? No non-UNited fan in England is going to say Pogba is any good, most won't even admitted he is even above average. The hatred for United in England far outweighs any neutralness. Put up a simple post on a football page on facebook tonight where you don't have a heavy United contingent. "Is Pogba world class, above average, average, dog shit", and I am guessing that those neutrals would give you average and dog shit as the answer.
Yeah, Pogba has probably had it harder than any player in recent times in terms of the cards stacked against him. Everyone dreamed of their team had him, ridiculed United at the prospect he would ever chose us (no Europa League, the way we "treated him" etc;) and generally rated him highly and then soon as he joins the first bad game and that's it. There's nothing he can do to get that respect back and people don't view him objectively. With the exception of 1 or 2 non-United fans I know judged on my facebook and the people I watch games with they think he's not even an average player. They actually say he's shit and even a dominating performance they just shrug their shoulders and say he's shit. Actually they mock United and Pogba to the point you'd think he wasn't even good enough to play for Stoke.

I wonder if he will ever get a fair shake or chance to prove himself? I've never seen harsher and more irrational critics in Football than what I've seen for Pogba.

markorm

...de Bruyne? Is he the little ginger kid?

And Pogba. The Galliath that is the Midfield General? Reads a game like Scholes, passes a ball like Beckham, runs like Usain Bolt.

No comparison. Let's move on.

MadMike

De Bruyne's not even as good as peak David Silva.
De Bruyne is only now entering his peak so that statement is not only off, but also premature. De Bruyne's last season was better than any of David Silva's previous seasons. And this season he's even stepped up another a gear.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
De Bruyne is only now entering his peak so that statement is not only off, but also premature. De Bruyne's last season was better than any of David Silva's previous seasons. And this season he's even stepped up another a gear.

De Bruyne last season wasn't that good. He had a nice spell early then flamed out like the rest of the city squad did. Whether that was because of injury or not is debatable but he just wasn't consistent to say he'd played better than Silva ever has for City. Silva to me has carved himself a career worthy of being considered one of the best players in the leagues history and even then he gets underrated. It's a testament to their styles of play though I guess

MadMike

De Bruyne last season wasn't that good. He had a nice spell early then flamed out like the rest of the city squad did. Whether that was because of injury or not is debatable but he just wasn't consistent to say he'd played better than Silva ever has for City. Silva to me has carved himself a career worthy of being considered one of the best players in the leagues history and even then he gets underrated. It's a testament to their styles of play though I guess
I wasn’t giving a subjective opinion mate, I was giving a stat based fact. 7 goals and 23 assists in 1 season and top assist man in the league with 17. David Silva has not had a season like that. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

Silva as you say has carved himself a career. De Bruyne is 6-7 years younger and only starting now. So to say Silva’s peak is better than De Bruyne’s when we’re only now starting to see the best of KDB is kind of a biased opinion towards a guy who simply has more years and thus a reputation under his belt.

KDB is showing signs of being better than Silva. Time will tell if he continues on this trajectory.

Stacks

I wasn’t giving a subjective opinion mate, I was giving a stat based fact. 7 goals and 23 assists in 1 season and top assist man in the league with 17. David Silva has not had a season like that. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts.

Silva as you say has carved himself a career. De Bruyne is 6-7 years younger and only starting now. So to say Silva’s peak is better than De Bruyne’s when we’re only now starting to see the best of KDB is kind of a biased opinion towards a guy who simply has more years and thus a reputation under his belt.

KDB is showing signs of being better than Silva. Time will tell if he continues on this trajectory.
30 goals from one midfielder is outstanding production wise.

iHicksy

Metronome architect? My RAWK poster detector is going haywire!

SER19

Metronome architect, has to, has to be made a tag line

Treble

Apparently, he's covered most distance in the CL so far - and some 19 km more than Messi :eek: Both played 360 min. I know Messi isn't famous for his work rate but 19 km is a crazy difference over 4 games. Not comparing him to Messi quality wise but his work rate is fantastic.

3lite

Apparently, he's covered most distance in the CL so far - and some 19 km more than Messi :eek: Both played 360 min. I know Messi isn't famous for his work rate but 19 km is a crazy difference over 4 games. Not comparing him to Messi quality wise but his work rate is fantastic.
KDB's got another gear when he's off the ball. (defensively speaking)

SER19

Shocking of accurate. The average per match is usually about 10km. Very high average would be about 12. Let's say he's about 44km, that leaves messi as 25km done in 4 matches. 6km a match, which is a disgraceful figure. Given a goalkeepers average is 5km, granted that's almost all walking. Seems disputable

Treble

Shocking of accurate. The average per match is usually about 10km. Very high average would be about 12. Let's say he's about 44km, that leaves messi as 25km done in 4 matches. 6km a match, which is a disgraceful figure. Given a goalkeepers average is 5km, granted that's almost all walking. Seems disputable
KDB - 48 km, Messi - 29,8

more like 18 km difference which is huge nonetheless

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2517487.html

Trizy

Hasn't that been Messi's game plan for at least the last 3-4 season? Conserve energy by walking around the pitch and burst with the ball when he receives it?

When you have a player that good why risk injury or tiring them.

Treble

Hasn't that been Messi's game plan for at least the last 3-4 season? Conserve energy by walking around the pitch and burst with the ball when he receives it?

This is why they needed a workhorse like Paulinho.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City

Yes, it's now basically a strategic move for Barcelona and it doesn't seem to do any harm.

pascell

KDB - 48 km, Messi - 29,8

more like 18 km difference which is huge nonetheless

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2517487.html
Think a lot has to do with age and backup of the respective teams. Barcelona have Paulinho in midfield who'll do most of the leg work to feed Messi. Barca are so reliant on Messi that they can ill afford him to burn out and need him fresh for every game to challenge for the major honours, they also don't have adequate enough back up to rest him. There's also the WC coming up that Messi has more or less put Argentina into, so he'll want to stay as fresh as possible for that and next season he'll be 31 so he'll naturally slow down and speed is one of his best traits. Basically both Barca and Messi are being conservative which him, there's no need for him to be running around the pitch tracking back when Barca have players who can do that, they need Messi to stick to what he's best at doing.

On the flip side, KdB plays in midfield, he's young and energetic so he can do the legwork in tracking back and attacking. But City also have the backup if he needs a rest in Gundogan and Toure.