De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I keep seeing this, but honestly, what were United supposed to do? Real Madrid did NOT firm up their interest until yesterday. This deal could not have been done long back simply because we want it done, on the other hand, LVG should have continued to play him in my opinion.
He did play him in America, from what i recall he wasn't great, but then again that could have been rustiness after the summer break.

Seveneric

In Spain United have been absolved of any blame in this. How they can accept total responsibility yet our own fans jump on us?
We're the victims here. Did we blame Bilbao during the Herrera farce?
I was not putting any blame on United, my point was that United over the past few years seem to be building a rep of getting involved in transfer drama(Impostors, Contreao etc), even if it wasn't the club at fault, it's not ideal that United's name be involved in all this drama.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No doubt about it, this morning. But by the time the international break is over he should have got his head around it.
That's a possibility. But frankly, I'm quite concerned about De Gea's mentality now. I usually ignore the "Head is somewhere" speculation but this is something else entirely and must be quite gutting.

Mali_Zeus

What happens if Madrid doesn't sign him this window. They can't sign him in the next 2 transfer windows or what's the situation exactly.

SqueakyWeasel

This is the best summary I have heard and if you add Gary Cotterill's statement that La Liga say there was no "late" paperwork but NONE filed at all … that means DdG is still and will remain a united player AND that Real have screwed DdG royally if he was even planning what clobber his bird was going to wear at the unveiling … :wenger:
EDIT: Just reheard it and he was asking his bird's stylist to design him a suit (even worse)

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Will that have any problem on them signing DDG still though? Free agents can be registered outside of the transfer windows.
It will be a registration ban and not a transfer ban. So they wont be able to register de gea.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
And United didn't had a registration ban.
And? If Real get a ban for the next transfer window, they could just register him when it closes as he's a free agent. That's my point.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
What a pleasant turn of events. We get another year with one of the best goalies in the world, and more than enough time to identify his replacement for when he fecks off (again).

legball

Blame is one thing but the reality is that now United have a potentially disgruntled/unsettled player who can walk for free in less than 12 months
This is never a problem, he won't be disgruntled for 1 yr, like Rooney, once the window closes and he's still at United, he'll get on with it, they are professionals.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And? If Real get a ban for the next transfer window, they could just register him when it closes as he's a free agent. That's my point.
Top put it simply at the moment Arda Turan is a free agent, he hasn't been registered as a professional football player because Barcelona can't register players at the FIFA he doesn't have any licence.

entropy

Real tried to overplay their hand and are now paying the price for it. Personally, DDG must feel insulted at how this whole saga played out. If you value a player, you wouldn't make a bid on the last day and cry when the transfer does not go through.

Adebesi

That's a possibility. But frankly, I'm quite concerned about De Gea's mentality now. I usually ignore the "Head is somewhere" speculation but this is something else entirely and must be quite gutting.
I see where you are coming from, there is cause for concern. This is far from an ideal situation. But at the end of the day this guy has a career to think about. He has to put it behind him and make the most of it, as I said before I dont see he has much other option.

The biggest stumbling block to him being our keeper this season is Van Gaal, not him, IMO. Van Gaal is perfectly capable of letting him rot in the reserves, either out of spite or "in the interests of the team" as he sees it.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Somewhere in Salford De Gea is lying in the gutter in his special suit with a bottle of Jack Daniels drinking his sorrows away.

Neelu

Its gonna be a year long ban if its the same as barca's. It just translates to two transfer windows. They will have to wait for whole year to end before registering anyone new.

Grib

So to sum it up

Ddg is a sardine and not a car, contrary to popular belief

We should have sold our prized sardine for 15million ages ago (even though we wanted to keep it) dispite its value (value = price someone wants to pay for said fish) being higher than 15million as Real offered more plus Navas (unconfirmed reports that he may be a smaller sardine)

Ed is an idiot and everything, everywhere, ever is his fault

Oh and Di Maria is a seagull...i think?

Summit

Top put it simply at the moment Arda Turan is a free agent, he hasn't been registered as a professional football player because Barcelona can't register players at the FIFA he doesn't have any licence.
Actually he isn't a free agent because Barcelona paid for his transfer and he's signed a contract with them.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I see where you are coming from, there is cause for concern. This is far from an ideal situation. But at the end of the day this guy has a career to think about. He has to put it behind him and make the most of it, as I said before I dont see he has much other option.

The biggest stumbling block to him being our keeper this season is Van Gaal, not him, IMO. Van Gaal is perfectly capable of letting him rot in the reserves, either out of spite or "in the interests of the team" as he sees it.
You have to also bear in mind that his mental strength has been one of his stand-out qualities. The ability to not let high-profile errors feck with his head. If anyone can put this sort of shit behind him and put in a decent campaign for us, then De Gea can.

You're right about Van Gaal but he's already come out and said De Gea would have a clean slate from September 2nd, so we'll just have to hope he hasn't changed his mind. Why would he, though?

Summit

Its gonna be a year long ban if its the same as barca's. It just translates to two transfer windows. They will have to wait for whole year to end before registering anyone new.
Well it would be 6 months then, not a year mate.

JackXX

To me it sounds like Madrid were never that bothered either way. It's not like we are talking about a monster fee here and they dithered into and beyond the final minutes. I don't think they would do that with a player they were desperate to sign and there seems to have been some indecision. I think De Gea was probably the only one desperate for this move to happen whereas Madrid were probably happy enough to pick him up on a free at the end of the year. Will be interesting to see how much they think of him when he finally ends up there because he doesn't appear to be too high up on Madrid's priority list.

Marcus

If I were De Gea, if the deal falls through, I would sign a 1 year extension with United (on better wages) with a release clause that I can leave for 29 million quid to Madrid at the end of the season. This would mean I get better pay immediately, greater security that I will not left high and dry if I have a career-ending injury (which puts paid to me moving to Madrid) and also the assurance that I would be able to move to Madrid next season. The additional bonus would be LVG would have confidence that my head was screwed on right and I would be no. 1 for the season just before the Euros.

Anustart89

Imagine if he broke down crying at Edurne's house and she dumped him for being a little girl. Would he then sign a new deal with us? :wenger:

Gopher Brown

Ballbag is on SSN saying it might have been a problem with the fee, saying we have said €40m all summer, but obviously if Navas is involved our valuation of Navas will be different to Madrid's.

I'm not sure about this, Madrid wouldn't feck about with the player like this, also we apparently got all the Navas paperwork in correctly.

Adebesi

You have to also bear in mind that his mental strength has been one of his stand-out qualities. The ability to not let high-profile errors feck with his head. If anyone can put this sort of shit behind him and put in a decent campaign for us, then De Gea can.
Though a couple of weeks ago we were having a pretty similar discussion and you thought Van Gaal was justified in dropping him then. So presumably you werent too impressed with his mental strength at that point?

Not that I am pointing out any kind of inconsistency or contradiction on your part here, I just wasnt sure if you would agree with me today. But you do agree he can focus and be at his best for us now?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Actually he isn't a free agent because Barcelona paid for his transfer and he's signed a contract with them.
Yeah, he is not exactly a free agent but he isn't a Barcelona player, he is just an employee. He can't play organized football.

But that's important since Madrid won't be banned.

Neelu

Well it would be 6 months then, not a year mate.
The ban will be handed out in terms of the length and not transfer windows just like barca's. So a year long ban will be a year long ban. Its just getting reported like a two transfer window ban in media.

Aporkalypse

So not our fault but we're the ones who stand to lose out entirely. Unless Real agree to the exact same terms in January.

If not then hopefully Dave can be persuaded to sign a one year extension with the agreement that he is sold next year if Real put up the requisite cash again. Or failing that we agree he can go to Atleti for a reduced rate just to feck over Perez.

Trizy

Oh well, that was fun..

Maybe, just maybe he'll do the decent thing and sign a new deal so we can get a decent fee for him next summer. Would be a beneficial to him too, considering he'd be on about 200k a week.

Summit

The ban will be handed out in terms of the length and not transfer windows just like barca's. So a year long ban will be a year long ban. Its just getting reported like a two transfer window ban in media.
Fair enough if it is like like I suppose.

DDG best sign a deal with us then.

RedDevil@84

Is there now zero chance of this deal being appealed and pushed through now? even with these supposed time-stamped documents?
Depends a lot on LFP. If they say "We are the boss and we did not get any docs.", then no way.
If Real can convince them to turn their way, then maybe.

All this assuming Real really want the deal to go through.

Kant-ona

The next thing we will read is "De Gea signs new contract at United" and Real fans will moan that their club always is exploited by players to get better contracts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.