De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Given that RM cant sign anyone until 2017 i wonder if DDG will sign a contract with us or if he'll leave next summer and play for someone else
Is that confirmed though or just rumours?
It's speculation at the moment. The case against them is not as strong as the Barca case so it's not clear they'll get a ban. If they do get banned they'll appeal both the ban and the scale of the punishment. Given no ban has been announced yet and appeals take months, it's pure guesswork to say which windows they'll miss, if any.

Raptori

Special needs
All well and good but that is hindsight. It surely can't have been our intention to go into a new season with De Gea in the stands and someone as average as Romero in goal. And we could have done with signing Navas early on and giving him more time to adjust to a new league and teammates.
Eh, at the time I thought we were going about it the right way too. LVG was confident Romero would do well for us, and putting him in the team left us in the strongest possible position with regards to selling/keeping DDG.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So much debate on the price based on media reports is pretty useless because the media first reported a small bid long time back and then all of them are now saying that the first bid came in yesterday. Frankly it's clear that the media is just making up a lot of stuff, I see no reason for why United wouldn't have sold him earlier if Real were ready to offer the same money. Also if you do believe the money put out by the media then Navas is without doubt worth 10 million pounds and so a cumulative sum of 28 million pounds is way beyond what was reported to be the value of the earlier bids and actually a lot closer to what United wanted

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Eh, at the time I thought we were going about it the right way too. LVG was confident Romero would do well for us, and putting him in the team left us in the strongest possible position with regards to selling/keeping DDG.
I was fine with it until De Gea was dropped at which point it made no sense to keep delaying it. Get the deal done and bring Navas over asap.

Adebesi

The club hasn't inspired much in the way of optimism in recent years - some people are concerned we are heading in the wrong direction, doing things in the wrong way.

Not everyone believes everything is gonna be allright.

Head out of sand.
Has the news that Real may not have filed their paperwork at all changed your mind about this at all? Or at least made you think it is possible, IF that turns out to be true?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So we should have just caved in to whatever Madrid wanted to offer us. In fact you are saying we should have actively been pursuing them to do the deal on their terms just so that we can get it sorted quickly?
I said about £20m. Obviously 'whatever Real wanted to offer' would be around nothing but if we'd quoted something sensible rather than 'world record fee for a keeper or Ramos' I dare say they'd have gotten on board. That would've been a perfectly fair price and we would've had time to pursue our own options instead of having to sign and play a stop gap keeper for the start of the season and ending up in the situation we're in now.

This 'we must stand up to the big meanies from Madrid' stuff is just self-defeating bitterness. It's caused us far more harm than it has done them.

Loublaze

ATLien
Guys can Real Madrid still loan out players? Just a question not sure how loans work out in the transfer window

Adebesi

I said about £20m. Obviously 'whatever Real wanted to offer' would be around nothing but if we'd quoted something sensible rather than 'world record fee for a keeper or Ramos' I dare say they'd have gotten on board. That would've been a perfectly fair price and we would've had time to pursue our own options instead of having to sign and play a stop gap keeper for the start of the season and ending up in the situation we're in now.

This 'we must stand up to the big meanies from Madrid' stuff is just self-defeating bitterness. It's caused us far more harm than it has done them.
Not if De Gea plays for us for the rest of the season.

What you are saying is completely right if Van Gaal refuses to reinstate him though.

We could definitely have used Van Gaal and Woodward sitting down and coordinating their strategies in this a bit better. It does seem like they both had completely different agendas, which didnt help us at all.

RedDevil@84

I was fine with it until De Gea was dropped at which point it made no sense to keep delaying it. Get the deal done and bring Navas over asap.
I dont think Real were ready to do Navas + Cash as of Aug 6?

Shiva87

Maybe RM held out for their first bid to come in so late, for us to cave in on the price - unsettled keeper, deadline day, other transfers being more important, and pressure to get it done. Its a smart negotiating tactic - and one RM seem to be happy to use to extract the most out of deals. Ozil sale to arsenal was an obvious one, and I believe we also got ADM 3-4 days before the window because we were happy to meet their asking price.

This time it seems to have worked badly for them. If this was their opening bid for DDG, then I am sure we would have held out for more if it was 1 June, not 31 August.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This isn't our fault. However in the process they have thrown the goalkeeper they are going to have to use under the bus. Well done Real. Now LvG is going to have to turn on the charm for once and play DDG. With LvG you cannot tell what he will do.
If we go into the Liverpool game with Romero starting, and De Gea and Valdes in the stands, I'm gonna put my foot through something. Romero just isn't good enough. LVG needs to swallow his pride and do what's right for United. If Sir Alex could stand to work with Rooney for years after his transfer request, despite obviously disliking him, why can't Van Gaal kiss and make up with either one of the two world class keepers he has?! The man is doing my nut at the minute.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Breaking news, Real aren't going to appeal..

:lol: Well played Real.

Its stinks if you ask me,.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not if De Gea plays for us for the rest of the season.

What you are saying is completely right if Van Gaal refuses to reinstate him though.

We could definitely have used Van Gaal and Woodward sitting down and coordinating their strategies in this a bit better. It does seem like they both had completely different agendas, which didnt help us at all.
That's if he plays at his best for us. I agree, we'd be mad not to play him but that doesn't mean I'm sure he'll be anywhere near the standard he's been before. I know he has the national team spot to play for but determination isn't the same as having your mind in the right place.

ottosec

Looks like Madrid left it until the last minute to spare another million or two and ended up missing the deadline. fecking clowns.

Can't feel sorry for DDG, he did it to himself. Hopefully they find a way for the transfer to go through and he fecks off already.

Siorac

I don't share you optimism. His relationship with LVG may be completely broken down. Although he will know he needs to get his shit together and play football otherwise it will be massively damaging to his career if he's in the stands for a year. Whether he'll be as good as recent seasons and not drop regular clangers is a big concern for me.

Has this ever happened before? A player forcing through a move that ultimately fell through at the 11th hour and then came back and played (well) for the club he wanted to leave?
Schneiderlin had even refused to train with Southampton but they didn't sell him to Spurs and went on to have another very good season before leaving.

Madrid fecked this up, De Gea should see that.

Adebesi

That's if he plays at his best for us. I agree, we'd be mad not to play him but that doesn't mean I'm sure he'll be anywhere near the standard he's been before. I know he has the national team spot to play for but determination isn't the same as having your mind in the right place.
Its a legitimate concern. But Im sure he'll get over it. I imagine he is in bits right now, but he has time. If it turns out he isnt capable of putting in good enough performances for us now then he can be dropped. But that wont reflect well on him. Sometimes shit happens and you just have to get over it. He has to take his share of the blame for this, he could have handed in a transfer request and the whole thing might have played out differently.

Alias
Now that it's over, I think what needs to happen now is that DDG should be forced to get his head down and play to the best of his ability. What do you think will happen now?

Loublaze

ATLien
How are people going to feel watching De Gea pretend to care? I hope he'll be professional enough to put his everything into the club when he represents United on the pitch. Nothing like an unhappy/demotivated player

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Madrid have cost us points in the league, though I think LVG milked it - they're a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.