De Gea Contract Situation

Do you think David De Gea will sign a new contract at Man Utd this season?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but he'll still leave by the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Its a legitimate concern. But Im sure he'll get over it. I imagine he is in bits right now, but he has time. If it turns out he isnt capable of putting in good enough performances for us now then he can be dropped. But that wont reflect well on him. Sometimes shit happens and you just have to get over it. He has to take his share of the blame for this, he could have handed in a transfer request and the whole thing might have played out differently.
He really should've done. Whoever was advising him got that one wrong.

Blue always red

What a shambles. Madrid have taught us a lesson for fecking them around I think. Now they get him on a free and we lose out on 18M + Navas.

RedDevil@84

Where did you get the news that they are not appealing?
Cant see tweets posted here from office

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How are people going to feel watching De Gea pretend to care? I hope he'll be professional enough to put his everything into the club when he represents United on the pitch. Nothing like an unhappy/demotivated player
Why would be "pretend to care"? He might be pissed off at various people but of course he'll want to win every game he plays in.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He's a top professional by all accounts. He wants to start for Spain in the Euros so he will give his all while he's still here.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If DDG plays then we're fine for now, though in the long term we're still losing out.

If he doesn't then this has really screwed us up. In that case we either need to bring Valdes back on board or make a new signing.

Fecking Madrid. Like we don't cause enough problems for ourselves without them piling on too.

Sam

So he ended up signing a contract with Madrid, and yet he's still our player. Absolutely amazing.

His first day back in training might be a tad awkward :lol:

R'hllor

This is epic :lol: Real tried to force out their current number one,also they showed how much they want DDG there by creating this all mess,seems they had more focus on special suit,classy circus of the club.

Shiva87

Official Champions League twitter page that I'm guessing is run by UEFA?
Given all the happenings on this deal, I wont be surprised if that account decided to take the mickey out its 2 largest customer bases. Let's wait for the RM press conference.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
feck yeah!

Great news for us.

Siorac

I said about £20m. Obviously 'whatever Real wanted to offer' would be around nothing but if we'd quoted something sensible rather than 'world record fee for a keeper or Ramos' I dare say they'd have gotten on board. That would've been a perfectly fair price and we would've had time to pursue our own options instead of having to sign and play a stop gap keeper for the start of the season and ending up in the situation we're in now.

This 'we must stand up to the big meanies from Madrid' stuff is just self-defeating bitterness. It's caused us far more harm than it has done them.
£20m in the current market is ridiculously low for De Gea who could have 10+ years ahead of him and is already one of the top 3 keepers in the world. I don't see why it was unreasonable to expect them to pay £30m in a market where we pay £36m for a 19-year-old kid who had less than 50 competitive games during his career so far.

It's perfectly understandable that we didn't want to basically give him away just because Real Madrid said so; why should we do them a favour? They should have come in with a proper offer far earlier. They didn't. They can only blame themselves.

Now we have a whole year to find a replacement who hopefully won't be Keylor fecking Navas.

prateik

Oh dear.. its officially OFF now...
De Gea is probably crying somewhere in Madrid... :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can't wait to see LVGs response when he's asked about this. :lol:
The Liverpool press conference is going to be rough, DDG, paying 36m for an relatively unproven 19 year old, loaning or selling most of our offensive options. God help us if we pick up loads of injuries by then as well. It will need to be about 2 hrs long.:lol::lol:

entropy

Get in!! Expect him to be back in our squad in a couple of weeks. Muppets will start bleeding from the eyes at the sight of DDG behaving professionally. Everything will be fine after that.

So he ended up signing a contract with Madrid, and yet he's still our player. Absolutely amazing.

Maybe with the coaching staff, but his relationship with the players is probably fine. Jermaine Jenas wrote a good piece about this, basically saying that he had never seen fellow player begrudging a player for wanting to leave. Most of them just watch anxiously, knowing that they might have to go through the same at some point.

Adebesi

He really should've done. Whoever was advising him got that one wrong.
Big time.

We have to make him feel loved now. Woodward has to try to seduce him. Maybe something along these lines:
It's new years eve, Dave is out with the entire squad celebrating United being top of the Premiership for the New Year, when suddenly this absolutely beautiful Mancunian girl catches his eye and he instantly falls head over heels. The next morning he looks over at her in bed next to him and he cries. He can't believe how stupid he had been and how close he was to making a huge mistake. He picks up the phone and demands Mendes goes and sucks a squirrel's balls and tells him to phone Madrid and tell that snakey feck Perez to do the same. He then phones big Ed and LvG on a conference call and declares his undying love for the best football club in the whole wide world and demands to sign a new 10 year contract. He celebrates with a cold can of Carlsberg Export and a foamy tit wank with his new lady. He then tweets @Vato and calls him a cnut.
But is surprised when, at precisely that moment, the phone in the Mancunian girl's bag starts ringing. As she stirs, he notices her hair is sitting rather unnaturally on her head. She sits up in bed and rummages through her bag, scratching what is, David notices, a rather bristly chin. Finally she finds her phone. And when she speaks, David us stunned to hear her voice both in person, and through the phone line, simultaneously.

"Hello, this is Ed Woodward," she says.
Panicking; Dave pushes her out of the bed and gets to his feet. He runs towards the old oak dresser and takes a small box out of the top drawer. Turning back, he sees enough in the corner of his eye to know that Ed is rushing towards him with what he assumes is a large cinder block. Without pause for thought, and because of his excellent reflexes, Dave swings around as he opens the box, pulls out the Glock and fires at Ed.
Ed's head splits into several pieces as he drops to the floor with a loud thud, but then there is nothing but silence. Dave stands there for a few seconds and stares at the bloody corpse in the middle of the room. Then he focuses on the large card that he had mistook for a cinder block;

We love you, Dave! Reads the front cover of the card as a little love heart key chain falls out from inside of it. But it's too late. Dave knows that no one at the club will love him for what he's now done. He knows right away that if anyone were to find out that he's killed the only man who can find the club a new National Doorknob Supplier sponsorship then he would be shipped off to Raith Rovers before he could defend his action and cry self defence. The only thing he knows that he can do to keep his place at Manchester United is to get rid of the evidence of what he's done and hope that no one will miss Ed for a few days until he can sort out an alibi.

As he pours the gasoline around his house, he reflects on the mistakes that he has made in his life. He never should have spent time with that bird from Spain, and he should have signed that contract extension with United months ago. He also thinks about the time when he should have got that baby Oleg toy instead of the Sergei one when he found his new car insurance through ComparetheMarket.com, but he's not quite sure how that matters given the current predicament he finds himself in.

As he lights the match and watches the fire engulf his country home, he begins to cry. For he remembers what today is; today is the day that Ed is meant to sit down with the owners of Mr Clucky's Imitation Chicken Paste and hash out a new deal to make them the club's International Imitation Chicken Paste Supplier for 2015 through to 2018. The meeting is in thirty minutes, and there isn't a second to waste. Dave prepares to disguise himself as Ed and attend that meeting...
Though probably not exactly like that.

Bugzy

:lol: Get in there. That's what you get Madrid. It will be awkward Perry and Navas as Perry was really desperate for DDG that he would even give navas. Was looking forward to a emotional blog from Mata.

Smores

How are people going to feel watching De Gea pretend to care? I hope he'll be professional enough to put his everything into the club when he represents United on the pitch. Nothing like an unhappy/demotivated player
I don't see the issue personally, when you say pretend to care what do you mean? Lots of players aren't long time fans of the club they're just professionals who want to win.

He'll announce he wants to get his head down and focus on helping United achieve its goals this season and I imagine that's exactly what will happen

Reynoldo

I really thought the backhanders would be have been out by Real to sort this, oh well.

Now time to get him to sign a new deal if he wants to play...muaw ha ha

RedDevil@84

Come on De Gea. Sign an extension and we will unveil you at OT just like what Real did for Ramos at Bernabeau.
I can bet it might be better attended :)

Heardy

I genuinely cannot work out how this has all unfolded!

If it is simply a case of Real holding off 6 months to save themselves £20m and paying this rumoured £5m compensation to De Gea for failing to sign him, can't help but feel we've been screwed.

I'd like to think we'd get a good year out of him, but van Gaal may be willing to leave him out of the team for the season!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Not with the players it won't be. The goalkeeping coach will be fine. It is LvG that will be the pain in the arse. The players might take the micky a bit.

Raptori

Special needs
I was fine with it until De Gea was dropped at which point it made no sense to keep delaying it. Get the deal done and bring Navas over asap.
Fair enough. I thought we played it perfectly, including dropping De Gea. The other option would've been actively pushing to complete the sale of our best player, which is a route I hope we never go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.