De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchansleftleg

I had a weird, short dream last night where I was following De Gea through an airport saying “please don’t do this, come on you don’t have to”, which had no context in the dream, to which he was replying “I just wanna talk to them, I just wanna talk to them”. Obviously the cnut was trying to leave to Madrid.

:lol:
You need to back off and "give him some space" otherwise you will be accused of being "suffocating". Maybe you should consider seeing other people....just as an experiment...then see how you feel?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
You need to back off and "give him some space" otherwise you will be accused of being "suffocating". Maybe you should consider seeing other people....just as an experiment...then see how you feel?
I get the feeling this isn’t about me... You alright mate :lol:? Rough break up?

OldTrevil

£63m for the world's best keeper? Send that very respectful bid via the post office express please, we need the original copy to get to us promptly.
feckin jokers

tomaldinho1

£63m for the world's best keeper? Send that very respectful bid via the post office express please, we need the original copy to get to us promptly.
feckin jokers
Unfortunately for RM, PSG have changed the game. £63m is paltry for the best GK in world football - especially given he is still young for a keeper.

They are desperate for a new attacking player so not sure of they'll have the funds for DDG given Woodward holds all the cards. Especially, if they're after a Dybala or Lewandowski - marquee signing.

lol at white text

OldTrevil

Unfortunately for RM, PSG have changed the game. £63m is paltry for the best GK in world football - especially given he is still young for a keeper.

They are desperate for a new attacking player so not sure of they'll have the funds for DDG given Woodward holds all the cards. Especially, if they're after a Dybala or Lewandowski - marquee signing.

lol at white text
Anything less than £150m is a travesty, and even with that I wouldn't sell unless DDG refuses to sign a new contract and forces the move.

wolvored

To be honest its rare nowadays for a player, particularly an overseas one to stay at one club for the bulk of his career. At the end of this season we'll have had him for seven years with one (hopefully 2) titles to show for it.

He's unquestionably the best goalkeeper in the world and if we don't match what he thinks he should be achieving then I would sadly accept his will to leave. We can hardly accuse him of jumping ship at this point. We need to get back winning titles
This. Well said

Mike09

He's not just best keeper. He's a match point, he's a world class player and obviously in the top 5 list EPL current best players. I even dare to put him in top 3 list EPL current best players. His price shouldn't be too far from Hazard and De Bruyne.

clarkydaz

Becomes a bit different if its clear the player wants to go, and the manager has said he wont keep unhappy players. Ball is in Dave's court

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Won't blame him if he's enough of this shite. I'd move out much earlier if I were him, tbh.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm confident that Jose has a proper backup plan in case we lose DDG. And that Real needs to pay a ridiculous amount

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm confident that Jose has a proper backup plan in case we lose DDG. And that Real needs to pay a ridiculous amount
I'm confident it'll be 'promote Romero'. We can't afford to lose Dave.

Zoo

For £63M I wouldn't even sell Romero to them.

Klopp_De_Klown

I think Madrid have accepted defeat in their pursuit of big dave and it's just the media over there rehashing the same old story.
Totally agree and they are not even close on wage demands apparently. Total media or agent-driven story.

But also something to consider. There is a keeper in London who is refusing to sign his contract... WHO ALSO... spoke to real executives during the summer. IS there any word, it's maybe him off to Madrid? Is there heck! Yet its a more likely story.

IRELANDUNITED

63million? Which one of his gloves are they after? Don't think Dave is in a hurry to leave, he knows Jose is building something special here

ravi2

After signing that new contract, nothing short of 100M would be considered given the state of the market today.

King.of.Red

He is the only player I hope never leave us and stay until he retired like Giggs or Scholes. if De Gea really told Mendes like that, then it's great news

van Nistelrooy

De Gea is of such importance to the club, I actually think if he signed a new contract during the season, we would see a positive response from players on the pitch in the following games.

A new 5-year deal would feel as good as winning a cup.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
De Gea is of such importance to the club, I actually think if he signed a new contract during the season, we would see a positive response from players on the pitch in the following games.

A new 5-year deal would feel as good as winning a cup.
Overstating it a bit...

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
How much is he on currently? We should offer him a blockbuster sized contract for a keeper, atleast put him on par with Pogba.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Good response.
The Spain bit is interesting, I think part of his initial desire to move to Madrid was because he thought it might be needed to get the #1 for Spain.

Now he's got the Spain position, he's a star and adored by the fans here, why leave?

arthurka

Buffon went for 52m € in 2001 with the inflation over the last 16 years our boy DDG is worth x3... PSG might want a keeper?

Inter Yer Nan

The Spain bit is interesting, I think part of his initial desire to move to Madrid was because he thought it might be needed to get the #1 for Spain.

Now he's got the Spain position, he's a star and adored by the fans here, why leave?
That's what I'm thinking. They were foolishly loyal to Casillas but once they saw Dave keeping goal they realized he wasn't so bad and better than present day Casillas.

He's cemented that spot for now and surely there isn't a chance he's dislodged until at earliest after the 2022 World Cup.

AkaAkuma

How important do you think Mata and Herrera are to him being happy at the club?

In the past I'd thought it was key, but maybe he's maturing and see's the benefit of earning a lot while he's still player. (My feeling is Real don't want to pay elite wages to a Goalkeeper).

van Nistelrooy

New deal for one player, as good as a trophy?
In comparison to winning the FA or League Cup which have lost a lot of reputation over the years, I'd say securing the long-term future of the best goalkeeper in the world is likely to bring far greater achievements than any domestic cup.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
MOURINHO EYES NEW LONG-TERM DE GEA DEAL
Manchester United will take the option to extend David De Gea’s contract by a further year and Jose Mourinho is unsurprisingly keen to tie down our star goalkeeper for the long term.

De Gea’s current four-year deal is due to end next summer but a clause in it will allow the Reds to extend his stay for another 12 months, which Mourinho expects to be a formality.

But the manager is looking further ahead than that and hopes the club can agree a new contract for the Spaniard, who has again been in imperious form this season to illustrate why many fans, team-mates and pundits feel he is the best in the world.

“It's obvious that we are not going to let the option [to extend his deal] disappear,” Mourinho told reporters at his press conference on Friday.

“A goalkeeper like he is, at a club that wants to be better and better and better – we are not going to let that option go away. We are going to try.

“[Executive vice-chairman] Mr Woodward is not on holiday – he barely has holidays – and of course he is going to try to give him a contract that keeps him here for much more than the option that, of course, we are going to execute.”

Mourinho was asked if talks were already under way with the 27-year-old, who has been at Old Trafford since 2011 and is closing in on 300 appearances for the club.

“I don't know,” the boss replied. “I just trust the board and the work they do. I don't negotiate players; I don't discuss numbers and contracts.

“I just say what is obvious and any one of you would say the same: David is to keep.”

dove

We should offer a lifetime contract like Iniesta's.

Status
Not open for further replies.