De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

So, in a market where average players are going for forty million we're low-balled for a mere sixty-three million for one of the best keepers in the world because...............Madrid.

prtk0811

They won't even get donnarumma or oblak for that price let alone de Gea.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How do you even prepare a bid? Do they have a similar process in place as United, where they put them on silk, handwritten by a Tibetian monk, hence it takes 2 months to get it done?

I thought the Sullivan e-mail scandal in Carvalho saga has basically proven to us that it's all horseshit, and they e-mail them with all the typos and nonsense, like an eBay preliminary offer.
Haha this is great

Exactly along the lines of what I was thinking.

Although the whole 'preparing an offer' stuff is just to give the 'journalists' a bit of breathing space.

Last edited:

Nikelesh Reddy

Hmmm,I never really bought into the Kepa link...Real will definitely not give up on De Gea so easily,they"ll definitely be back again next summer.But at the end of the day,it all boils down to what David wants....if he doesn't agitate for a move,then keep him.If he wants to leave,then we should facilitate the transfer...He's been an excellent servant for the club and he's always carried himself with great dignity,if he wants to leave then let him go....

Reactions: SteveJ

minoo-utd

Again this boring story , again Madrid comes for DDG, the feckers will not stop it seems. IMO if David wants to stay here he should come out and say I want to stay, it is that simple, otherwise he looks like he wants Madrid at some point. We demand loyalty David come and say it out loud you want to stay at United. If United are willing to sell him then it should be no less than 80-90m he is maybe the best out there. Oh fecking Madrid.

minoo-utd

How do you prepare a bid anyway?

What preparation goes into such things?
Actually I don't know maybe they are making sure that the player is ready to go or agreeing some stuff with player agent, then offer the club the money! But to prepare a bid in 6-7 months that's funny and looks bollocks.

Inter Yer Nan

Real Madrid are very canny in the transfer market. They make a lot of noise about buying expensive players (DDG, Mbappe) but haven’t bought a galacto since James and Bale and even then they drew a fair bit back on sales those years. Think the Spanish sides are clearly lacking the money of the English sides.
I think so too. Make noise and the muppets will run with it but the follow through has been low output.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I imagine 'preparing a bid' means having a meeting about it with manager, some board members, and finance director, then someone sending the email out to test the water. Probably have a cheeky word with the agent to make sure it's not a waste of time too.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
How do you even prepare a bid.
To be fair modern transfers arent as simple as just throwing a figure at the parent club.

Players have personal deals, signed on the basis that they play for X club, worth millions.

So I'd imagine the 'preparing' stage involves a shitton of lawyers making sure the whole thing works out without costing anyone any money, apart from the lawyers fees, obviously.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can Madrid even afford De Gea anymore? They'd have to fork out 150 million in today's market, and they have other areas to spend on as well.

If they want bargain deals they should stick to picking them of small la liga clubs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Again this boring story , again Madrid comes for DDG, the feckers will not stop it seems. IMO if David wants to stay here he should come out and say I want to stay, it is that simple, otherwise he looks like he wants Madrid at some point. We demand loyalty David come and say it out loud you want to stay at United. If United are willing to sell him then it should be no less than 80-90m he is maybe the best out there. Oh fecking Madrid.
He doesn't need to say anything. I'm fine with him ideally preferring a move but being happy to stay and give his best (which makes him arguably the best in the world).

RonW

We should put a $200 million on him, they asked for $80 million for Morata who was a bench warmer at best and now they want the world's best goalkeeper. Well they better PAY UP! or its a no deal.

marktan

One of the good things to come out of the hyper-inflation of fees is that it means Real have to pay up if they want De Gea. Anything under £100m is an insult considering what the Countinho, Mbappe, Dembele bids were. The only price I'd be reasonably ok with is £150m+ but even then I'd be disappointed as you can't put a price on having a top top keeper in the sticks, we'd then be stuck for years trying to find a replacement. Keepers like Oblak, Butland are okay but not in the same league of consistency and quality as De Gea.

Be very surprised if Madrid pursue De Gea though considering they need top quality attacking options to replace BBC and also options in midfield too. Navas is more than fine as a keeper.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not for sale. We're lucky to have a quality second goalkeeper too but ..nah :)

Lam

Hope we don't sell him like we did with Ronaldo. Interestingly, both have gone through similar paths at United. Young players with immense potential signed to replace key players (Becks and VDS). Found it difficult to establish themselves with so many people (mostly ABUs) wanting them to fail. Worked hard to become the best in their position.

80 million was a lot of money when we sold Ronaldo, but Real have got more than 80m worth of him. Even if we sell DDG for 200 million, they will still get 10 good years which makes the investment good enough.

On a side note, I feel Romero is a good keeper and won't worry about him being the no.1, but he'll not give the same confidence that DDG gives. It takes a really really good shot or good play to beat DDG.

Antonedwin

they can take romero for 63M , their bench warmer cost 80M why would we sell best goalkeeper with anything less than that ? madrid cnut is currently trying to rob us with their sicknote bale for similar price

de gea should have notice madrid have an age-ing squad, BBC , modric, ramos , marcelo . we had martial , rashford , lukaku pogba who will going through their best years

Last edited:

Greck

I trust getting screwed out of Morata is still fresh in Jose's mind.

The Spanish megaclubs still seem to be living in the era where they could bully clubs into accepting laughable offers by unsettling the player

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
To be fair modern transfers arent as simple as just throwing a figure at the parent club.

Players have personal deals, signed on the basis that they play for X club, worth millions.

So I'd imagine the 'preparing' stage involves a shitton of lawyers making sure the whole thing works out without costing anyone any money, apart from the lawyers fees, obviously.
I doubt it's that complex, otherwise we wouldn't have all the deadline deals etc. It's definitely not something that takes weeks or months.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
£63 million? Hahaha.
7 pages of this post over and over tells you all you need to know.

Woody should fax Real on his brand new, fully armed and operational fax machine and tell them to suck his fat one.

"United are like Disney land, but Big Dave for 63m? More like Neverland!"

VanGaalEra

£63M? What they hoping to get, a signed DVD copy of his MOTM performance in the Bernabeu in 2013?

VanGaalEra

Anyway, I believe Donnarumma will end up at Madrid at the end of this season and they'll get him on the cheap as it looks like Milan won't qualify for the CL.

Camilo

63 million for a keeper seems about right. The market hasn't changed, one player went for stupid money and that was that. Suspect if it ended up at 70 million he'd remain the most expensive keeper for the next decade.

I reckon he will go soon enough, unless we massively buck up our act and start winning big.

Really hope he stays though - he's in a class of his own.

IRELANDUNITED

I assume that 63m includes bale as well? I'm ok with that if it does. We can then go get donnarumma, kepa or oblak to replace De Gea, although I get the impression De Gea has no desire to go to Real at all.

Nikelesh Reddy

We don't need to sell him,but if he wants to go,then we should get at least 75-80 million for him.63 million isn't enough for a player if his class,we need to get atleast 80 million plus....

Treble

Much depends on whether DDG wants to move. If he doesn't care about a move to Madrid, don't sell him at any price. Best in the world at his position.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Sounds made up. £63 mil? What a pointless, unround number. Equates to €71 mil euros.
Haha, was just coming in to post this.

What kind of silly, arbitrary number is £63m, unless, they know something, very specific (release clause?) that we, the general public, don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.