De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

Brilliant news if true, it’s been a pretty perfect weekend if I do say so myself. In my opinion De Gea is far and away the best keeper in the world and at 27 could realistically be world class for another decade.

Acole9

Outstanding
This has come from the clubs website and twitter as well it would appear. I might be way off track but something could possibly be close, it's not often you hear stories like this come from the club directly.

Trizy

City loose, United sign Sanchez, United win and De Gea extends would be a great few days :drool:

Antonedwin

He sees Real Madrid crumbling with their spine aging & change his mind to better be with us

Klopp_De_Klown

Who's up for Ozil replacing Fellaini in the summer?

Oh yea, the other news... Jose, good. DDG, good. Sanchez*, good. *if he comes

AndyJ1985

Our most important player over the last 4 and a half years, and the best keeper in the world. Give him whatever he wants

Toad

Just offer him any money he wants. Would be brilliant to get him signed on to another contract again, whatever money it takes!

Surely with the ridiculous transfer fees nowerdays the players are well in their right to ask for double wages, think we’ll be seeing plenty more 400k-500k contracts soon.

John Blund

The only other club he'll likely to sign for is Real Madrid. Luckily for us Navas has been brilliant the last two years. Real would actually be better off replacing Ronaldo with Greizmann or Dybala.

DDG has been our best players for 3-4 years now. Imagine if we had Liverpools two keepers. We'd be struggling to stay on top half.
We really need DDG to sign a new contract with a release clause in the range of £200M . Real or perhaps PSG will eventually try to sign him.

kotha

Great news! Good thing Madrid have some rebuilding to do this year.. They won't offer enough amount to make the board even think of selling him..

Nikelesh Reddy

It would be the best signing under Jose(apart from Pogba maybe!).David is priceless,he's about to enter the best years of his career and it's just scary to imagine how good he could end up becoming.I would personally offer him a 250,000 quid a week 5 year contract.He would be one of the top 3 earners at the club and there's no way that Real would offer such wages for a GK....

United_We_Stand

"....Mourinho was prepared to let De Gea go last summer only for Real to pull back from a deal as they focused their efforts on trying to fund a move for France striker Kylian Mbappe, who subsequently joined Paris St-Germain.
The United manager has no intention of letting De Gea leave now..."

So Mourinho was prepared to sell De Gea last summer!?

arthurka

"....Mourinho was prepared to let De Gea go last summer only for Real to pull back from a deal as they focused their efforts on trying to fund a move for France striker Kylian Mbappe, who subsequently joined Paris St-Germain.

Yeah right

Klopp_De_Klown

Yea... and the sky is green, grass is blue and messi is shit at football!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Feck, De GOAT, why do this to us?

Him leaving would totally outshadow the Sanchez signing.

ovoxo

Obviously now isn’t a great time. See how much Alexis is earning and then demand that:)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Leaving now would be such weird timing, assuming he wants Real that is. After playing through 4 years of mediocrity while the club you want to join is tearing up Europe with 3 out of 4 champions leagues, to then join them just as they start declining is crazy. They're 19 points off the top, and we suddenly look to have our shit together again. It would be like Ruud part 2 in terms of bad timing.

Bojan11

Leaving now would be such weird timing, assuming he wants Real that is. After playing through 4 years of mediocrity while the club you want to join is tearing up Europe with 3 out of 4 champions leagues, to then join them just as they start declining is crazy. They're 19 points off the top, and we suddenly look to have our shit together again. It would be like Ruud part 2 in terms of bad timing.
Ruud had to go anyway. He was one of my favourite players, but he did us a favour towards the back end of 05/06 with his tantrums.

Saha at the time was better and suited our attack more. If only he wasn’t made of glass.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ruud had to go anyway. He was one of my favourite players, but he did us a favour towards the back end of 05/06 with his tantrums.

Saha at the time was better and suited our attack more. If only he wasn’t made of glass.
I meant in terms of United/Real cycles. Ruud played here for 5 years and won the league once, while Real won the champions league. He leaves us in 2006, joins an ageing Real team who got buttfecked by Liverpool. All the while United start winning leagues for fun and reaching CL finals like it's nothing.

Red Goblin

If he ends up staying his whole career I think it would go down as one of the biggest coups we have ever pulled off, player wise.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he doesn't sign, we should sell him this year when his value is peak and sign Oblak .

If Real doesnt want him this year, then he will be with us forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.