De Gea Signs New Contract to 2023 (+1)

Mailo

Oh FFS the fact that your first thought is that he'll be another {insert player here} is exactly what I'm talking about. Nothing to do with being psychic. It's clear as day where your minds at
Of course it's clear as day. I've just explained it. Move along, now.

Madthinker

First it was the last few months of last season he was poor.

Then it was a year.

Then someone said it has actually been 18 months

Now i'm reading that he's been poor for two years!
2 years would basically include 2017/18 season when he was in PFA team of the year and our player of the year.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good news.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
2 years would basically include 2017/18 season when he was in PFA team of the year and our player of the year.
Yeah, it's ludicrous to suggest he's been bad for that long. He had a bad few months for us last season.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Glad he’s staying with us but not for that salary.

Last edited by a moderator:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Our team is struggling to fight for top four and We have the chance to keep one of the best goalkeeper in the world, which He agreed on.

What are We moaning about? christ. If He leaves, We'll be left with Romero (good but not in for a long term) and Lee whatshisname. To replace him with a younger, talented keeper would cost us around 70-100m. That'll be daft.

Stop pointing out his mistakes just to backup your disagreement about his contract's worth. He's been overall the most consistent, best performer in the past 5 years. And the only player We can proudly say is world class and wants to be here.

Last edited:

LInkash

Hoping he can get back into form. He was kind of the determining factor behind our second place finish under Mourinho. If he can replicate that, we'll be in for a good season.

I am still concerned that his bad form is more than just a blip though but we shall see.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Makes sense. Otherwise we would have to spend another 60-70m on unproven gk whereas losing him on a free. There are more pressing concerns

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looking back at when I first joined this forum I can honestly say United fans now are the worst, I dont remember reading half the shit back in 2005 when I joined that I do now
Numbers game.
The more fans you have the more crap ones you'll have.

Mainoldo

Well done De Gea. Get your head in the game now. Pogba next hopefully..

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I have been very critical of De Gea, but I've got to say that this past weekend was the best he has played in a while. And I'm not talking about the two saves. It was more about his presence on the field, and how he controlled his area. He came out for a few crosses that he would normally stay on his line for. I want to see more of this...

Chairman Steve

Great that’s he’s signed. I hope he’s signed on for more than just more pay and that there are future team reasons where we’re planning to spend a lot more on recruitment.

Apokalips

Hopefully Pogba follows soon, that'd be a fantastic statement of their belief in the clubs direction, which will hopefully improve the atmosphere around the club and amongst the fan base.

We need to be United and pulling in the same direction to get back to where we want.

pascell

Looking back at when I first joined this forum I can honestly say United fans now are the worst, I dont remember reading half the shit back in 2005 when I joined that I do now
Amen mate. That's why I only come on for team news before games, the transfer Twitter thread and the general. Too many posters who can't have a discussion without slamming our players into the ground, or constantly put a negative spin on something positive.

How are we supposed to move forward as a club with imbeciles like that supporting our club? The club really need us atm to back the lads throughout the season even if we lose.

Member 39557

There’s nothing mental about what I’ve said. If the club didn’t offer De Gea a pay increment, he wouldn’t have stayed. Deal with the truth.
When you're replying to me you can feck off
Yeah back to you feck off
dont fecking reply to me then you absolute bell end
Shut up twat
If you're going to insult each other, at least get creative with it.

el3mel

Good. At least we will be able to sell him next summer if things go south. We are in control now.

Nikelesh Reddy

I”m just thrilled to bits really!!I was getting a bit worried over the last few weeks,but finally we”ve managed to get him signed up.Hes just a phenomenon really,and I shudder to even think where we would have been over these last 5 years without him in the squad.And to think that he was just 1 decent fax machine away from leaving the club!!I don’t know what happened to that fax machine,but I would really love to kiss that machine!!

Now we”ve got our GK sorted out for the foreseeable future,we need to build a squad that can match David’s quality and bring success back to the club.All in all,a fantastic day for the club..

Drawfull

There's some fair criticism but a lot of people going over the top.
Definitely, but for the most part the two things he should be criticised for were almost unheard of when he was in good form.

I'm happy he's signed. Obviously managers are here today, gone tomorrow, but I think even with that caveat, it's a pretty good scoop for Ole. Money schmoney.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Good. At least we will be able to sell him next summer if things go south. We are in control now.
Are we tho? The wages he s on right now virtually guarantee that anywhere else he goes he will have to take a paycut or we will have to pick up (part of) the tab. (Mind you - I am happy he re signed)

Alabaster Codify7

Hopefully he goes back to being a great shot-stopper again because since the latter portion of last season he's been poor for us. Very poor for the most part.

Irrational.

Agent Fax Machine :drool:

Hope he can focus now and cut out the mistakes, otherwise we may have another Sanchez piano moment on our hands.

redmanc

Amen mate. That's why I only come on for team news before games, the transfer Twitter thread and the general. Too many posters who can't have a discussion without slamming our players into the ground, or constantly put a negative spin on something positive.

How are we supposed to move forward as a club with imbeciles like that supporting our club? The club really need us atm to back the lads throughout the season even if we lose.
Word to that, half the stuff just isnt worth reading let alone responding too.

Okey

Great news! Now he can focus on football and hopefully get back to his best. And we get to make a shed load of cash when PSG decide they need a new shiny toy between the sticks. He won't be here forever, but when he goes we better make a killing off the sale. Personally I'd start planning the succession now, aiming to replace him in two seasons max...

RooneyLegend

Amazing stuff. Great to seal the most influential defensive player in the league. Im actually surprised he has stayed.

redshaw

Pleased it's sorted, Ole has enough on his plate without a keeper running down his last year.

Devil may care

Cool, he's had a bad patch but hopefully he'll be back to his best now we've trapped him here, at least he knows he'll be getting Thursday night off for the foreseeable future. :D

Bratt

Excellent news!
Not only because we will keep one of the best keepers in the world at the club, but this will also be a huge bonus in future transfer dealings.