Gaming Dead Space Remake - PC/PS5/Series X

RedDevilRoshi

Picked this up today as part of a birthday gift for tomorrow. Looking forward to giving this a go as never played the original.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

About to enter the last two chapters. It's been a blast, and plays solidly with 60FPS on ultra, with my fairly modest PC!

Every addition they've made has felt justified and well-utilised too!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Couldnae wait so traded in Ragnarok and Calisto to get it for free. Won't play either again.

Looking forward to getting my teeth into it this evening in a dark room with headphones on.

b82REZ

I've been really busy recently so only made a little progress on this.

I can't believe how good it is and I'm a little ashamed I missed the original.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I've been really busy recently so only made a little progress on this.

I can't believe how good it is and I'm a little ashamed I missed the original.
Same, really need to get back to it. Planning on putting some time in tomorrow after work. Think I’m currently at the beginning of chapter four.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Only an impossible run left to finish for the platinum. Took me until chapter 2 on a 3rd run to fully upgrade everything as well.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished this a couple of days ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I never played the original game so went into this with a fresh mind with no expectations. Really brilliantly done. I hope they do a remake for the 2nd game in the instalment, they literally have the engine for it as shown on this game.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I fecking love this game... Nostalgia hit hard! Probably still in my top 25.

Any plans for the sequel?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surprising as I always thought the series was supposed to have gone downhill with the third game. I have only played the first game though, so can't really say for myself.
I haven't played the Remake yet, but definitely plan on doing so since it's included in the gamepass. But I need to finish Hades first.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Surprising as I always thought the series was supposed to have gone downhill with the third game. I have only played the first game though, so can't really say for myself.
I haven't played the Remake yet, but definitely plan on doing so since it's included in the gamepass. But I need to finish Hades first.
The second and third games do indeed get progressively worse. They dumb them down heavily by the end.

The remake is great though, so hopefully they make the other two more like it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
It was my favourite game last year. Played it 3 times in a row I enjoyed it that much.

Feeling similar about RE4 Remake too as I smash through that again with the hand cannon. Both have to be in my Top 5 of all time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Loved it. Got EA Play for a month only for it. Super fun.

Irwin99

The second and third games do indeed get progressively worse. They dumb them down heavily by the end.

The remake is great though, so hopefully they make the other two more like it.
This was my first proper introduction to the series and I enjoyed it a lot but I always heard the second one was just as good if not better than the first and that three was an abomination?

From my perspective i hope they remake 2 next as it would make more sense for newer players like myself.

afrocentricity

Because Twitters average user age is probably young enough to remember the 3rd as more of an action shooter than a horror game. Not ideal but I'll play it anyway
There's a lot to fix there and I hope they do.... it was ok but nowhere near the 1st and 2nd.

1 > 2 >>>> 3 for me

crossy1686

career ending
There's a lot to fix there and I hope they do.... it was ok but nowhere near the 1st and 2nd.

1 > 2 >>>> 3 for me
I recently replayed them all because they're all on the EA game pass (part of Xbox game pass), and Dead Space 2 is by far the best one. 3 is good once you get into it but it's nowhere near as scary as 1 or 2. You just end up mowing down endless hordes of enemies in various parts while you're waiting for the lift or a door to open.

Irwin99

Seeing different opinions about DS2- How does it differ from 1 or is it more of the same?

I heard that 3 was something like RE5 and RE6 in that it was just trying to be something else.

afrocentricity

Seeing different opinions about DS2- How does it differ from 1 or is it more of the same?

I heard that 3 was something like RE5 and RE6 in that it was just trying to be something else.
In that analogy DS2 = RE4

Donut

Just playing this now after playing the original many years ago. It’s freaking incredible, what a game. I’m mostly upgrading my plasma gun and ripper, I especially love the ripper.

Too bad the plans for 2 remake or a new one have apparently been shelved after poor sales of the 1 remake.

afrocentricity

Just playing this now after playing the original many years ago. It’s freaking incredible, what a game. I’m mostly upgrading my plasma gun and ripper, I especially love the ripper.

Too bad the plans for 2 remake or a new one have apparently been shelved after poor sales of the 1 remake.
Yes it's a shame, such a brilliant game.... Why didn't you cnuts but it?!

El Zoido

Yes it's a shame, such a brilliant game.... Why didn't you cnuts but it?!
Because I’ve played the original trilogy enough. There are enough new games out there that I don’t have time to play, let alone replaying ones I’ve already finished before. I might pick it up on the cheap one day though.

afrocentricity

Exactly. You're all cnuts for not buying it. I played it on EA Play instead of buying it but that's not the point
In fact we're all cnuts... I played it on EA Play too (especially @El Zoido he's the worst one)

They shelved a potential 4th too :(

Donut

I got it for -50% on steam for 30€. 60€ seemed a lot for a remake, but honestly I haven’t had this much fun in a long time, and the game is not that short, I wouldn’t have felt ripped off if I paid the full price. Sorry guys :(

Irwin99

Looks like I'm never going to play DS2 on console now if they don't remake it (and i'm not buying an old console to just to play it).

I wonder if this really didn't sell well or it's just another case of a greedy developer wanting God of War/Spiderman numbers and being disappointed that it didn't sell 500 billion copies.

afrocentricity

Dammit :( I would've bought it eventually for a fiver in a Steam sale so technically this is still EAs fault and not mine.
Ok you're a mild cnut you're off the hook.... EA are the real cnuts here

RedDevilRoshi

Looks like I'm never going to play DS2 on console now if they don't remake it (and i'm not buying an old console to just to play it).

I wonder if this really didn't sell well or it's just another case of a greedy developer wanting God of War/Spiderman numbers and being disappointed that it didn't sell 500 billion copies.
Same here. Throughly enjoyed the DS1 remake as never played the original version or any of the other titles. Was hoping they’d release a remake of the 2nd game as well on a similar scale.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The remake was class. Felt like it got feck all marketing and was released at the same time as loads of other big games so obviously didn’t sell well. A real shame.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The remake was class. Felt like it got feck all marketing and was released at the same time as loads of other big games so obviously didn’t sell well. A real shame.
There was no need for a remake (The OG aged like wine). And the feckers wanted for us to pay for the game again. Of course it was gonna tank sales wise.

If they had let us (owners of the original trilogy) to get the remake for free, the hype alone of many players returning to play the game, would have trickled down onto a much better base for bringing in new players or developing new games.