Gaming Dead Space Remake - PC/PS5/Series X

izzydiggler

I’ll end up getting it and but whilst it obviously looks like an improvement on an already great game, what they’ve shown is too safe for my liking with it bordering on a remaster, rather than a re-imagining.

I’m hoping there’s a lot of unseen surprises.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It looks polished but I have no reason to play it. The original was good and this looks just like that does (in my head).

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don't know about this.

On the one hand it feels like an overpriced and unnecessary remake of an admittedly great game but on the other hand the chance to use that limb cutter weapon again is almost enough to draw me back in. Got to be up there with Kratos's axe as the best weapon in gaming?

Ainu

I don't know about this.

On the one hand it feels like an overpriced and unnecessary remake of an admittedly great game but on the other hand the chance to use that limb cutter weapon again is almost enough to draw me back in. Got to be up there with Kratos's axe as the best weapon in gaming?
Just wait for a sale.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol:

I adored the first game when it came out. I remember thinking that this along with Mirror's Edge was showing a new, better side of EA, I was that delusional. But there's no way I'm paying £70 or whatever the feck a new game costs nowadays. Christmas sale in December, half price on Steam. That's the way to do it.

Irwin99

I'm waiting for the reviews after being severely burnt by Calliso Protocol.

I take it the tone of the game is more RE4 (lot of ammo, lots of fun) rather than RE1? Is it scary/tense?

Sweet Square

I adored the first game when it came out. I remember thinking that this along with Mirror's Edge was showing a new, better side of EA, I was that delusional. But there's no way I'm paying £70 or whatever the feck a new game costs nowadays. Christmas sale in December, half price on Steam. That's the way to do it.
I’ve never played the original so I might end up getting it although it’s going to be a while, as my PS4 Pro over the last year has decided to sound like a runway at Heathrow.

Got overheating warning alert while playing Turf Masters(A 2d game from the 90’s).

Sweet Square

Neo Turf Masters? That's a cracking game, I have it on Switch

S M O O T H G R O O V E
Yep! That’s a banger of a tune. Can tell it’s designed for the arcade as anything less than a birdie the game punishes the player.

Also all the characters are just the same bloke but with different t shirts(Personally I always pick the Japanese guy because of his putting)

Irwin99

It's going to be shite.
Why do you think it will be shite? We've had Callisto Protocol and Forspoken (seemingly awful/average going by the reviews) as big title flops, it can't be 3 out of 3 surely? :nervous:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Why do you think it will be shite? We've had Callisto Protocol and Forspoken (seemingly awful/average going by the reviews) as big title flops, it can't be 3 out of 3 surely? :nervous:
2 was dumb, 3 was dumber. I just have very low expectations going into this.

And let's face it, even if it's a decent version, the original game was already great so how exactly can it better it?

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Never played those as they were released during my "gaming-hiatus" so picture me pretty interested.

Irwin99

And let's face it, even if it's a decent version, the original game was already great so how exactly can it better it?
I've heard 3 was dreadful and effectively killed the franchise. I've never really experienced dead space and I have nothing to compare it with so it's kind of an introduction to the series for me.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I've heard 3 was dreadful and effectively killed the franchise. I've never really experienced dead space and I have nothing to compare it with so it's kind of an introduction to the series for me.
Well then I really hope it's at least as good as the original for you mate. Best thing is, even if not, that one holds up very well to this day.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's going to be shite.
Why would you think that?! Looks great. Edit: I see now

Well, I have not played the first game since it came out. So, even if it's just that game with great graphics then that will be good enough for me.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They have made changes to weapons, and slight changes to the level design, among other things. There's a chance this could become the definitive edition...

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Huge fan of the original two games, but might hold out until this goes on sale. Got plenty of backlog to play on PC.

Still gutted this was never made into the rumoured live action movie by someone like James Carpenter. It has the potential to be our generation's Alien if done right.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just not able to get excited for this one. One of those where the original seems pretty modern to me even though that sounds odd. Maybe if I thought it was one of the greatest games I’d ever played I’d be more up for this remake but nah.

Irwin99

Hope the reviews are up soon. I'm very cautious about day one purchases after Callisto Protocol

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Hope the reviews are up soon. I'm very cautious about day one purchases after Callisto Protocol
they are due tomorrow afternoon

I dont see any reason why it wont be very good. Itll be same game except looks better and some quality life improvements . Similar to Last of Us remake