Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was perfectly good, as he has been generally this season. Needs a run of games to be really tested and/or given a chance to impress. Only so much you can prove in one-off games.

Swiss_Red89

The only positive today. He really starts to win me over.

Calm, confidend and generally a good aura. And he clearly backs it up with good goalkeeper skills.

Big decision to make in the summer.

izec

De Gea will be back in goal, and he will leave in the summer. He will have many suitors anyway.

We are just daft at this point.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very assured performance that. Never looked overwhelmed or felt worried with him there. He looks like a safe keeper all around. Has to start next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Actually caught the ball from a corner, and made a great 1v1 save right at the death (not sure DDG would have committed that far)

Red_toad

Really untroubled at corners and dead ball situations are he's very good at organising those in front of him... Needs to be the regular keeper.

tomaldinho1

I don't see the harm in letting him have a run. He came for a corner which is like a DDG collector's item.

Grande

The one bright spot of the game. Not much to do, but did everything he came a cross in a calm and yet exertive manner. Picking down a corner is good news, holding Townsend’s shot was good, and he saved our asses in the last minute after not being much involved. All one can ask.

passing-wind

De Gea will be back in goal, and he will leave in the summer. He will have many suitors anyway.

Ole lacks the substance to make the big decisions, our only hope is maybe the Glazers interceding of all people as with the Martial Spurs scenario to ensure that we retain the player.

always_hoping

Steady tonight especially from corners. Was alert on that late chance although It probably would be ruled offside

He'll be starting 3 of the next 5 games so good opportunity to prove his worth once more.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I hope everything is ok with De Gea, but I also hope this was the start of Henderson being given a proper chance to claim the #1 role.
Would love to see this. I really like Henderson's proactive style.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Henderson should be our #1. There was one moment where palace attacker was close to defender and the ball was near the edge of the box, defender trusted Henderson to come and collect it and he did with ease. We have seen how it goes with De Gea, defender waits for him to leave the line, he won't then defender panics and kicks the ball out.

He looks good commanding the box, deserves to get run of games .

sugar_kane

Since the league is lost and a result against City is highly unlikely with either him or De Gea in goal, he should get the chance to prove on Sunday whether he can cut it in the big matches.

Ole lacks the substance to make the big decisions, our only hope is maybe the Glazers interceding of all people as with the Martial Spurs scenario to ensure that we retain the player.
like getting rid of Lukaku, Fellaini as soon as he got here and other players that previous managers didn’t make a decision on like Valencia, Young.

oh and also bringing back Henderson in the first place and putting Romero immediately in the cold and ending his career...

OGS in not perfect, and there are valid criticisms of him - but decision making is NOT one of them.

Whilst supporters want everything right now, the reality of managing a situation is vastly different.

Henderson has now made 14 appearances for United, and he’s been allowed to grow into the role.

He was understandably shaky at the start of the season, and obviously has some very big questions that needed to be answered - as he’d never played for the club, and whilst the exposure and experience he got at Sheff United was crucial for his development, it was always a big step up in pressure, expectation and scrutiny.

DDG is still a very good keeper, he’s lost that edge he had, and he’s made more mistakes - but he’s not suddenly Taibi.

if we are going to replace him, we need some level of assurances than Henderson can do the job.

With DDG out for an unknown period of time, Henderson will likely play the next couple of games at least, has any games on the FA Cup and the EL. Should end up with a minimum of 20 games by the end of the season.

that looks to me like transition...

As we get to the business end of the season, I’d like to see him tested more.

He will likely be in goal agains City, Leicester and AC Milan.

We will have a better idea of whether he’s ready, and we are ready for him to be no 1 after that.

personally, I think the manager has managed this very well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It'd be bordering on negligent not to give him a run of games now.

Mcking

Just seen that he has conceded just eight of the 14 penalties he has faced in his senior career. Good record.

Idxomer

I like him, at worst he'll be a PL level keeper for most of his career.

Devil81

I actually think the defence look better marshalled with him behind them, you can see he's a good communicator and you I don't see Maguire and co looking over their shoulder every five minutes worried about his positioning.

One great save at the end and an evenings good work coming and claiming the ball.

If they choose calamity Dave over him at the end of the season I will be pissed off.

Sylar

Were all excited because of how low some of the goal keeping standards have been. But id rather he start vs City. Even if he concedes from a cross, because you know, at least he will improve from it, whereas DDG will make the same mistake again and again, because he relies on his shot stopping and reactions (which have degraded) rather than control of the box and being vocal.

Chairman Steve

Deano will get a good chance to be soon on top in that case.

When it comes to sink or swim, I hope hes a swimmer and doesn’t sink like Ben Foster did for us over 10 years ago.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Whilst I agree that Henderson should be getting a run of games now, he signed a new contract 6 months ago that runs to 2025 with a club option for an additional year, so he’s not forcing his way out this summer.

Grande

He collected a cross around the 1th minute. Highlight of the game for me.
As bad as it is in regards to Dave, I felt exactly the same at that moment.

Now I think De Gea for several seasons was the best or one of the two or three best keepers in the world, and anything else is short term memory and revisionism
In my view. If Dean Henderson at some
Point can claim a career comparable to Big Dave, he’ll have exceeded all expectations powerfully.

But at this point, that breath of fresh air, followed up by vocals heard through the television, an aggressive hunger for opportunities to start play quickly (which where few and far between, unfortunately), and an Old School De Gea foot parade to save us from the loss, made me want to see more, and want to accept a few howlers of the kind he served against his former teammates, just to see how we could look with that kind of a keeper again. (Fond Danish memories sizzling in the back of the mind)

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
As bad as it is in regards to Dave, I felt exactly the same at that moment.

Now I think De Gea for several seasons was the best or one of the two or three best keepers in the world, and anything else is short term memory and revisionism
In my view. If Dean Henderson at some
Point can claim a career comparable to Big Dave, he’ll have exceeded all expectations powerfully.

But at this point, that breath of fresh air, followed up by vocals heard through the television, an aggressive hunger for opportunities to start play quickly (which where few and far between, unfortunately), and an Old School De Gea foot parade to save us from the loss, made me want to see more, and want to accept a few howlers of the kind he served against his former teammates, just to see how we could look with that kind of a keeper again. (Fond Danish memories sizzling in the back of the mind)
I meant the 10th minute but yeah...i feeling more assured with Dean between the sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.