Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Really good. Wasn't worked much, due to pretty average opposition but that's not his fault. Dealt with everything confidently.

SeanyC

He will take that spot for De Gea, sooner rather than later

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Solid as a rock. Shame he wasn't tested a bit more today... :)

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Glad he’s getting praise now he’s performed against a top side. Well in lad should already have England #1 spot nailed down.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has to be the guy long term for us. Just so assured and looks confident in everything he does.

laughtersassassin

The praise will be a bit OTT after what was a relatively easy game for him because narrative, but he did well.

No one game is going to tell us whether he's up to it, which is why expecting him to convince everybody via the odd cup appearance was unfair. He's needed this run.
The same game for De Gea wouldn't have been so easy cause there was about 5 balls into the box that Deano claimed when De Gea would have been rooted to his spot waiting for a potential shot.

Henderson cuts off the danger.

Based Adnan

Second goal game from him being aggressive in his starting position to claim the cross followed by a sublime throw which Shaw didn't even need to break stride for.

Hopefully this is the start of him consolidating himself as number 1.

kundalini

Very good performance apart from one poor pass straight to a City player. Made comfortable saves, caught crosses, acted as a sweeper keeper and one super long throw that started the move that led to Shaw's goal.

Hester_manc

We have two good keepers. I would like Henderson to play, because of his age - he can play for us 10 or 12 years. De Gea might have 3-5 years back, and has not been as stabil as he used to be.

Mcking

Good game for him. Still waiting for his reflexes to be put to test though. For some reason, the opposition lose their ability to take good shots whenever he is in goal. Just can't shake the feeling that he is a bit slow across the goalline.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The praise will be a bit OTT after what was a relatively easy game for him because narrative, but he did well.

No one game is going to tell us whether he's up to it, which is why expecting him to convince everybody via the odd cup appearance was unfair. He's needed this run.
Part of the reason why it was easy was because he came out and caught the ball to cut the danger off.

De Gea would have left it for his defender to get try and get the ball.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Schmeichel threw 3-4 of those passes per game when he played for us. That's a nice throwback.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m not making comparisons but scoring directly from a keepers throw is reminiscent of 90’s United :drool:

DoomSlayer

Part of the reason why it was easy was because he came out and caught the ball to cut the danger off.

Exactly. We also played a higher line and City reverted to crosses and set pieces, which Henderson dominated almost perfectly. Brilliant game, in my opinion.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The same game for De Gea wouldn't have been so easy cause there was about 5 balls into the box that Deano claimed when De Gets would have been rooted to his spot waiting for a potential shot.

Henderson cuts off the danger.
The main reason Henderson had an easy game was because City struggled to hit the target. They had 21 shots to our 8 but only 5 on target to our 6. Very little of that was down to crosses in the box.

Henderson did well and is obviously better aerially than De Gea. But if one easy-enough clean sheet against a top side was enough to prove he should be #1 then De Gea has done the same thing himself on a number of occasions this season. The team as a whole is good at grinding out clean sheets against top sides, regardless of who is in goal, so I don't see it as proof in and of itself that Henderson is the real deal.

Which is why (as I think most of the caf has been saying) Henderson always needed a run of games in the side to prove himself.

In fact ideally what I'd like is for him to play enough to actually make a few mistakes to see how he copes with that pressure too but that might be asking a bit much.

The Hilton

Had far more confidence with him between the posts than DDG, would like him to get a proper run in the team.

kiristao

Was definitely an upgrade on DDG when it came to handling crosses but his kicking and shot stopping was a bit disappointing. Can only get better though and I would not mind giving him a run of games to see how he develops.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He did make two poor passes straight to City (the second in particular put us in a dangerous position) and I didn't like how he parried the ball straight back out into the middle right at the end there. Otherwise he was solid, came for a couple of balls that De Gea wouldn't have, and that throw to Shaw bought back memories of The Great Dane. :drool:

Hopefully he builds on the good and cleans up those couple of iffy moments as he gets more game-time.

laughtersassassin

Was definitely an upgrade on DDG when it came to handling crosses but his kicking and shot stopping was a bit disappointing. Can only get better though and I would not mind giving him a run of games to see how he develops.
Had one dodgy save and his kicking is better than De Gea

R77

This. There was also a bit at 35/36 minutes in where someone played an incredible thru ball into the middle of the box. He came out and grabbed from in front of the City player. De Gea most likely would've shuffled backwards to his line and prepared to make a save.

Classical Mechanic

This. There was also a bit at 35/36 minutes in where someone played an incredible thru ball into the middle of the box. He came out and grabbed from in front of the City player. De Gea most likely would've shuffled backwards to his line and prepared to make a save.
I thought that, with DDG it would have been a big chance conceded but Henderson had a confident starting position and collected easily.

laughtersassassin

Exactly, clear as day what he brings

tomaldinho1

It depends. His style of keeping (which isn't really him playing well) allowed for the high line during the first part of the first half - you can't really do that with DDG. Also, lots of the times he came out to claim looked really simple but DDG doesn't really do it so whilst it's pretty routine for Henderson and he didn't pull off a string of world class saves, I almost think he should get more credit for just doing all the basics right and having a 'quiet' game. The spot should be his to lose now.

ManRed

Nothing to worry there. It was Sterling at the end of the run. He wouldn't have scored even if De Gea was busy having doughnuts on the side.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He came out and claimed crosses and played a big part in us scoring the second goal with his long throw out to Luke Shaw. He extinguished the threat before it became a threat due to how proactive he was in comparison to the reactive nature of De Gea.

He should be #1 until proven otherwise IMO.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The main reason Henderson had an easy game was because City struggled to hit the target. They had 21 shots to our 8 but only 5 on target to our 6. Very little of that was down to crosses in the box.

Henderson did well and is obviously better aerially than De Gea. But if one easy-enough clean sheet against a top side was enough to prove he should be #1 then De Gea has done the same thing himself on a number of occasions this season. The team as a whole is good at grinding out clean sheets against top sides, regardless of who is in goal, so I don't see it as proof in and of itself that Henderson is the real deal.

Which is why (as I think most of the caf has been saying) Henderson always needed a run of games in the side to prove himself.

In fact ideally what I'd like is for him to play enough to actually make a few mistakes to see how he copes with that pressure too but that might be asking a bit much.
They struggled to hit the target because they realised they wouldn't get anything by crossing it into the box after Dean cut them off a few times and it resulted in them having to take shots from outside the penalty box.

Superunknown

Today is the first real time I've looked at him in a United shirt and thought that he looked the part. Seen moments here and there, but he looked like a top keeper in command today. His throw-out to Shaw for his goal. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.