Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was at fault, which is unfortunate. But that can happen.

In fact from the POV of seeing whether Henderson is really up to the job I almost want to see him have a few bad moments, because how he reacts would tell us more than the bad moments themselves do.

That said, it maybe highlights the point that bringing Henderson won't automatically solve our set-piece problems, a point backed by the fact that his (albeit limited) corner stats at Sheffield United last season were no better than De Gea's.

pablo__p

Still convinced that Romero is comfortably better gk than Deano. At least the last year's iteration of Romero was before we decided to screw him up.

EliotTheRed

Appalling error at the end there. It looked like he was going for a ‘camera’ save but didn’t even jump off the floor.

Top drawer goalkeepers are the ones who might not have much to do in a game but can be relied upon for that one save late in the game.

Unfortunately for Dean, that was the moment when we needed him so it’s a bit of a let down.

It’ll be interesting to see how he comes back from that, hopefully it’ll be a gentle remainder that if he wants to be Man Utd and England’s number 1 then he’s still got room to improve.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Very poor goalkeeping for the goal. He so wants to impress but seems to lack composure and a bit of calmness. In the end it was a poor reflex which forced an error from him. Shame but I was kinda expecting that.. Let's hope he kicks on..

Ekeke

How so? Both him and De Gea are making mistakes but De Gea is a lot better in reflexe saves. I would still trust De Gea more than Hendo.
Even with the reflex saves sometimes De Gea messes it up these days. And Henderson is much better commanding the area and will actually come out and collect crosses at times which helps the defence a lot

TrustInOle

Should have saved it, but slow motion makes it worse, it was a bullet header. Question should be, why was Telles marking Kjaer?

Acole9

Outstanding
The club have clearly seen something they're unsure about for him to only have a handful of appearances this season. People aren't gonna like this but he does remind me of Joe Hart.

Our defence seem to look more confident with him in goal but I'm still not sure about him.

Sylar

I think his big test will be when he makes a mistake and it costs us (either a win or a draw) and he then has to go again quickly next game and how he handles it

It broke howard, foster and Carroll amongst other keepers we had.
Said this after the last game. He will be right in line to play against West Ham. Lets see how he copes, because this goes down as his error. He should be saving the header as it was at him, wasnt in a corner and wasnt a bullet header either.

TrustInOle

Even with the reflex saves sometimes De Gea messes it up these days. And Henderson is much better commanding the area and will actually come out and collect crosses at times which helps the defence a lot
I agree with this. If only for one thing, it's made us realise how important having a commanding keeper is. I still say it was too early for him to come back, but it was his decision I guess. He is a confident keeper, I expect him to bounce back from this.

Oranges038

How so? Both him and De Gea are making mistakes but De Gea is a lot better in reflexe saves. I would still trust De Gea more than Hendo.
Please explain that. I am really curious how worst keeper can be bettwr for team than better keeper?
He's more vocal, has a better presence, better at controlling the back four, sweeping, claiming crosses and his distribution is even better.

De Gea - no control of the back 4, not at all vocal, never leaves his line and can't/won't come for or catch a cross.

And we have seen that he is not at that - he's pretty much lost the one thing that set him apart from the rest.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Please explain that. I am really curious how worst keeper can be bettwr for team than better keeper?
Controls his area and sweeps better, but he can’t be letting in headers straight at him.

Guapa

Poor.Don't think he's any better than David.Not just on tonight's showing eithe.

James Peril

Rubbish goalkeeping and a rookie mistake you learn to avoid on YouTube, reminds me of Karius. You always have your balance in order, knees bent so that you can go low or leap high when called upon. Here he’s just gone down and he actually misses the ball. Off to the bench Henderson, you’re not good enough even at the basics.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Seems that mistake tonight has done more for De Gea than De Gea has done himself for the last two seasons.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
the "De Gea in" crowd are going to be very loud after Henderson got a hand to but didn't save. It was point blank and with power but he should have saved it and he will be the first to say how disappointed he is for not stopping it. Doesn't change the fact that Henderson deserves a run of games. Keep in mind, that ball he collected at the edge of the 18 would have been a break away if De Gea was in goal. We were also minutes away from yet another clean sheet...

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a better keeper for us at the moment, but I don't see a great keeper in there. Still, needs a bit more time to see what he's made out of.

Delano

There was a worring tendency from him tonight to palm, push and punch. Almost like he decided early on that the conditions weren't for catching. Once that gets in your head, those sorts of mistakes happen.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He made a mistake tonight, but you would swear that De gea hasn't made even worse feck ups. He needs games, mistakes will happen with young keepers. I still back him and think he should be ahead of De Gea.
Bit of whataboutism there. He’s supposed to be the answer not a side-ways or even a worse move.

SirScholes

Had been doing well but this is a massive blot on his books
Sign of a good keeper is not always making amazing saves but always making the good saves.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Henderson doesn't look assured in saving shots. He should have had saved hand ball goal as well. If you are not great shot stopper then I don't think you should be United no 1.De gea will walk back into this team.

LoneStar

Hmm.. blaming Gk for that goal is head scratching, when there's another player that I think is 99% at fault.
Regardless of what happened before, top keepers save that 99/100 times. No excuses for him there. It wasn't even a bullet header or out of reach. Crazy how we let that in.

Status
Not open for further replies.