Dean Henderson | Sold to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

Not according to their fans. They don't rate Hovarth or Hennessey at all and so it seems the plan was always 2 keepers in this window, Deano won't be fit to start the season anyway so they had to sign someone else to open the season with but it does explain the whole loan with an obligation to buy approach as they would probably prefer to pay for Turner now and defer a fee for Hendo to next summer.
now that i didn't realize they were looknig for 2 keepers...still don't like the obligation to buy approach when we could use the money and let Arsenal get their pay day. Make that obligation to purchase in the january window and we can talk.

Red_toad

Don’t get why people are getting hung up on his wages? He can stay at United and not play, or his agent can negotiate a wage that’ll enable him to move. He pretty obviously doesn’t want to stay and be a back up, so something will have to give.

mavradal

Such a shame, his performance at Forest last season was pretty great until he got injured. Hopefully he recovers well and gets a good transfer in the January window.

Gandalf

30 games is no obligation, they can easily avoid that and he may well pick up an injury and we’re stuck with him again. They’re going after average American keepers with no experience in the league, where are these decent PL keepers they’re being linked to? They loaned him last season, pay up or don’t bother and see how you get on.
Jose Sa for one, also still some possibility that Navas returns. They have options, we do not unless you know something that nobody else does about another team that wants the miserable cnut.

SAFMUTD

That was definitely the time to sell him and it would not have been to Sheffield United. The summer after that first season in the PL for them we had serious interest from Chelsea and Spurs as I recall and the fee would have been around 40M but we did not want to sell. A number of keepers had moved for big fees around that time and 40M was not so outlandish but now we are faced with a sluggish market for keepers, 3 years of his stock trending down and Spurs and Chelsea are delighted we did not want to sell back then.
We are way to tight with academy players. Even when promising they should be sold if there's no chance for them to break through the first team. Thats what buy back clauses are for.

Chip

Is it just me or does he even look very annoying/arrogant/cocky?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is second only to Lingard to West Ham for absolutely obvious transfer that inexplicably doesn't get done.

foolsgold

Well, this is looking a bit problematic right now with Forest seemingly fixed on Matt Turner, Dean is looking a bit stuck in limbo.

There's no realistic route to first team football here and I doubt anyone wants him sitting on the bench.

It's getting late in the window and the question is where to if not Nottingham ?

C'est Moi Cantona

Well, this is looking a bit problematic right now with Forest seemingly fixed on Matt Turner, Dean is looking a bit stuck in limbo.

There's no realistic route to first team football here and I doubt anyone wants him sitting on the bench.

It's getting late in the window and the question is where to if not Nottingham ?
He'll just have to be professional and sit on the bench if no one wants to pay up for him, let Heaton go and play somewhere instead.

Loaning him out and paying lots of his wages isn't really very appealing.

BarstoolProphet

Rather have him rotting on the bench/stands than accept insulting proposals like loan deals. Especially from a club where he actually has performed and also where he sustained his injury.

Telsim

Ten Hag handled Ronaldo, I'm sure he can handle Dean Henderson. But it's a shame we won't be getting anything for him. Another failure of the past haunting us.

Crimson King

They're looking for two keepers though I think. They're asking for trouble going into the new season with Turner as #1. He might end up being good enough eventually but is very much unproven.

Henderson is the far superior GK, but the injuries are obviously a concern to them. I still think it'll happen myself, but it's not looking as straight forward as before. Somebody has to compromise.

I'm not sure why so much hate is being thrown at Henderson. It seems like NF made assurances to him and his people that they wanted him and waited until Onana was signed, and he obviously had prioritised going back there ahead of sounding out a move elsewhere. I doubt he was expecting them to come back with a loan bid that didn't even guarantee an eventual transfer though. That doesn't suit him at all, I'd imagine.

Not that I really hold that against NF either. Priorities change, that's football. Look what happened with DDG. Life goes on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is De Gea without the incredible saves so why would any club go for him when his wages is that high? He is your generic PL keeper.

Robertd0803

Thinking he would replace De Gea and be our number 1 for years feels like a lifetime ago now.

Brophs

The One and Only
Lads, Forest aren’t very likely going to gamble their season on Matt Turner. If that’s the move that everyone wants then this is probably just a way to drive the price/terms down. They’ll pick it up nearer the end of the window.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
From The Athletic on Friday:

Forest remain determined to bring Henderson back to the City Ground and discussions are held with parent club Manchester United on a daily basis.

Henderson, the 26-year-old England international, is still working to regain match fitness following the thigh injury that ended his season after 18 appearances for Forest.

There is a slim chance that he could be available to play on the opening day if a deal can be completed to bring him to Forest, but his fitness remains at the centre of any deal getting done.

Henderson is most likely to return on loan, with an option or an obligation to buy to be included in the deal.

foolsgold

They're looking for two keepers though I think. They're asking for trouble going into the new season with Turner as #1. He might end up being good enough eventually but is very much unproven.

Henderson is the far superior GK, but the injuries are obviously a concern to them. I still think it'll happen myself, but it's not looking as straight forward as before. Somebody has to compromise.
I'm not so sure, if he was going there, why wouldn't it have been done already after we signed Onana? Where there's a willing seller and a willing buyer a deal would have been done. It looks to me that they're going with Turner as first choice.

Yakuza_devils

We are stuck with England No.1 CB in Maguire and also Potential future England No. 1 GK in Henderson with no decent buyer.

This shows why we have 10 years of unprecedented failure post SAF. Our football structure was a joke. We pay world class wages to the mediocre players.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I'm not so sure, if he was going there, why wouldn't it have been done already after we signed Onana? Where there's a willing seller and a willing buyer a deal would have been done. It looks to me that they're going with Turner as first choice.
From our end it looks like we are going for both. Turner is urgent as we need a keeper for Saturday, ironically against Arsenal. Otherwise it’s under 21 George Shelvey between the sticks.

Alemar

This shows why we have 10 years of unprecedented failure post SAF. Our football structure was a joke. We pay world class wages to the mediocre players.
At least we gradually discontinue playing them - it’s already big progress.

ETH didn’t take Fred on tour, stripped Maguire off captaincy and gave zero minutes on tour to Henderson - what else could he do? Rest is for hierarchy - to sell them

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I can imagine forest playing him one short of the loan-purchase requirement. Then renegotiating.
Why? The loan is protection against how many games it takes him to get fit. If his injury is fully recovered we want him and he’s our No1 Keeper.

cyberman

I can imagine forest playing him one short of the loan-purchase requirement. Then renegotiating.
Yep. I think he has one year left after this season so it’ll be why buy him for 20m when he has one year left? Then have Henderson say he only wants a Forest move so it’ll be accept 5m now or lose him for nothing next year.
It’s ridiculous

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
Why? The loan is protection against how many games it takes him to get fit. If his injury is fully recovered we want him and he’s our No1 Keeper.
That’s the logical interpretation.

Think you need to sprinkle some more conspiracy in to get any traction though!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
feck Forest, flog him to a different club for cheaper. Cheeky cnuts, he was injured while playing at Forest and now they want protection in case he doesn't recover immediately. :lol:

They had no problem pissing millions up the wall but as soon as they come up against United they get clammy. feck em.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
feck Forest, flog him to a different club for cheaper. Cheeky cnuts, he was injured while playing at Forest and now they want protection in case he doesn't recover immediately. :lol:

They had no problem pissing millions up the wall but as soon as they come up against United they get clammy. feck em.
I know. Just do a fecking extensive medical.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Even more batshit given they don't even have a keeper with any proper PL experience. They'd either have to panic buy a different keeper or hope that Taylor will be good. If Taylor ends up being a dud then what? They only have youngsters to fall back on. They're gambling their PL future because they're treating us like mugs. Call their bluff.

I want Henderson to leave for his own sake as well as ours but if the buying club are taking the piss what are we meant to do? What happens if we add an app clause to the loan deal and he doesn't immediately recover from his injury and Taylor plays well. Its shit for Forest to demand that given his contract status. Just reads like Forest are taking the piss wanting to get him on the cheap next Summer.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
I know. Just do a fecking extensive medical.
No problem- he has a medical, he fails it because he’s not fit. I tell you what, we’ll take him on loan for when he is fit? Meanwhile, while we go round in circles, Arsenal have authorised a medical for Turner with a fee of £10m agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.