Dean Henderson | Sold to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Weren’t Chelsea interested in him a couple of years ago and would have paid 35/40 mil?

L1nk

How have we messed this up? Because we weren’t willing to accept another loan with an obligation to buy only if he plays 30 games? You’ve got yourself all muddled up there. Forest are offering us a shit deal. There are plenty of other clubs that are looking for a keeper. Right now Chelsea are, as are potentially Palace - as Guita has refused to play preseason. Maybe it’s old habits, but you were so quick to attack the club here, without any just cause.
No - we haven't messed it up because we won't accept a loan with an obligation to buy

We've messed it up because when his value was at his highest, instead of selling him like we should have, we made the mistake of stupidly promising him the No 1 position only to not bother giving it to him and instead just continuing to play De Gea, benching him, devalueing him, pissing him off. We loan him out again, and just as we can sell him to Forest this time, we piss about with De Gea's contract situation for weeks meaning we can't sell Henderson because we'll be without a keeper if we don't resign De Gea, only to replace him with Onana before selling Henderson. Why on earth wouldn't Nottingham chance their arm with a loan to buy now? They know we are desperate to sell because we've already signed Onana and they know Henderson isn't going to be second choice.

So yes.. we've messed up this whole Henderson situation for multiple seasons in a row now. What once was a keeper we could have got 30-40 mill for will likely be going for peanuts now.. if at all this season.

OverratedOpinion

Courtois just tore his ACL... Any chance?
Anything can happen in football but I'd imagine there is a long, long list of keepers that Madrid will look at before even thinking about him.

I'd even imagine De Gea will be one of them.

Alemar

it’s terrible news, but I mean Real now needs a GK…

Santos J

I don't but it's not up to me.

Young, English player who apparently fits the modern keeper profile.

If Kepa goes in the next couple of days, we need another goalie asap.
He's not a modern keeper in the being comfortable on the ball sense. Do you reckon you'll go for a #1 or expect Sanchez to be that?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They can get a truck load of keepers from Laliga for one fourth of what we are asking for Hendo, without comprising the quality

cyberman

Navas back to Madrid from Forest that then frees up Henderson for a move.
My left field guess

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He probably doesn't want Ancelotti to see him train, because he'll want him and end up being no 2 again.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Positive news about this on the BBC website today:

Colin Fray, BBC Radio Nottingham

The main issue with the Dean Henderson deal is the player's fitness.

He's still not fully fit after the thigh injury he picked up playing for Forest in January, and while he's back in training with Manchester United, it's not yet full training.

Forest and United have an excellent relationship, and there remains an intention from all parties that the deal will go through – even with the club signing Matt Turner - but it might be towards the end of the window before it can happen.

Alemar

But we may need these monies now to buy someone. Late in the window is not the best way

Gandalf

I am not a doctor, but 7- 8 months is a frightening long time for a thigh injury.
I think it is two separate issues. He had the thigh issue and then around about May during his rehab they found another problem and that was when he had surgery so it could be something totally unrelated. the club as ever are rather close lipped on what exactly the probelm was.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Positive news about this on the BBC website today:
He’s back in training with Manchester United? Is he fecking mental. That’s it, ten Hag won’t be able to resist starting him against Wolves now.

redshaw

Totally understand Forest, he's still not fit and missed half of their season. I wouldn't spending 15-20 million on him right now.

hobbers

Deano will be absolutely baffled when he reads about De Gea heading to Real and yet he hasn't even had a call from them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is Henderson a bad keeper?

He seemed quite good but impatient at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.