Dean Henderson | Sold to Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
That’s the logical interpretation.

Think you need to sprinkle some more conspiracy in to get any traction though!
We want to drag this out cos Hendo is sending us info + will accidentally trip Rashford with his crutch just before we play you lot at the end of August. Better?

RedOrange

That’s the logical interpretation.

Think you need to sprinkle some more conspiracy in to get any traction though!
It's not a conspiracy theory. It's Forest trying to buy a player without any risk at all. Imagine if we got this sort of transfer deal when we bought players like Sancho and van de Beek. We'd have sent them back to their clubs after a season worth a small fraction of what they were before, at no significant cost to us.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’ve seen Forest linked to Kasper Schmeichel today, surely that would kill any chance of them taking Hendo given they have already signed that lad from Arsenal. Our lot need to stop fecking about and get this player sold, pronto!

L1nk

I’ve seen Forest linked to Kasper Schmeichel today, surely that would kill any chance of them taking Hendo given they have already signed that lad from Arsenal. Our lot need to stop fecking about and get this player sold, pronto!

We've completely messed this up if he doesn't go to Forest.

L1nk

Don’t see how we’re to blame with their idiotic loan clauses. They’re playing silly buggers.
We're at fault for not selling Henderson when he was actually worth something, when we never planned to play him regardless. It was stupid to make him promises we were never going to be able to keep, then devalueing him to less than what he's worth. Now we dilly dallied over De Gea for weeks and weeks meaning we couldn't sell Henderson when Forest were interested, we got rid of De Gea but still didn't sell him even though we were negotiating for Onana and now Forest realise we are desperate to sell and are trying to take advantage, I don't blame them for that. We've mishandled it massively.

Judas

Open to offers
We're at fault for not selling Henderson when he was actually worth something, when we never planned to play him regardless. It was stupid to make him promises we were never going to be able to keep, then devalueing him to less than what he's worth. Now we dilly dallied over De Gea for weeks and weeks meaning we couldn't sell Henderson when Forest were interested, we got rid of De Gea but still didn't sell him even though we were negotiating for Onana and now Forest realise we are desperate to sell and are trying to take advantage, I don't blame them for that. We've mishandled it massively.
I mean yes that’s a total different point. Ole and his false promises etc. that was the summer he should have been gone from here.

Idxomer

You're right about the first part but that was 3 years ago.

Something seems off about his injury. It's listed on transfermarket as thigh problems but he has been out for 8 months now. That surprised me when I looked it up because I didn't realize it was that long. I think someone fecked up at Nottingham and they didn't want to take the responsibility. It's really not United's fault now that he got injured with them.

Gandalf

I mean yes that’s a total different point. Ole and his false promises etc. that was the summer he should have been gone from here.
The false promises narrative gets overplayed. He ended the previous season with a run in the first team and was told he would be our opening day starter for the following year, he then got COVID and was out for ages during which time DDG played well, no promise was broken, he was unavailable to play when the season began and has no divine right to start when healthy. Ole was sacked before the midway point of that season so we will never know if he would have reinserted Dean when DDG struggled.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
It's not a conspiracy theory. It's Forest trying to buy a player without any risk at all.
Exactly, which isn’t illogical, from a buyer’s perspective, is it?

He barely played second part of the season. Not sure the Caf Experts would be all in if the situation was reversed

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
You're right about the first part but that was 3 years ago.

Something seems off about his injury. It's listed on transfermarket as thigh problems but he has been out for 8 months now. That surprised me when I looked it up because I didn't realize it was that long. I think someone fecked up at Nottingham and they didn't want to take the responsibility. It's really not United's fault now that he got injured with them.
:lol: Despite trying to buy him all summer! Seriously the info is out there if you look. He needed a further opp because another issue was found (can’t remember what now), which was why he was back on crutches in May.

RedOrange

Exactly, which isn’t illogical, from a buyer’s perspective, is it?
No, asking to have something for nothing isn't irrational from a buyer's perspective, but that doesn't make it a reasonable request.

If I'm buying a car the dealer isn't going to agree to loan it to me for a year on the condition that I don't have to pay for it if I end up not using it or crashing or something.

Idxomer

:lol: Despite trying to buy him all summer! Seriously the info is out there if you look. He needed a further opp because another issue was found (can’t remember what now), which was why he was back on crutches in May.
You tried to loan him again all summer.

I didn't know it was another issue. I found a Henderson quote from back in May saying it was an ongoing issue.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
No, asking to have something for nothing isn't irrational from a buyer's perspective, but that doesn't make it a reasonable request.

If I'm buying a car the dealer isn't going to agree to loan it to me for a year on the condition that I don't have to pay for it if I end up not using it or crashing or something.
Ok

Great example, very illuminating.

Interesting analogy, thanks for illuminating me.

Belisarius

How the feck are we to blame ?
I think at this point we should just keep him for another year. Onana is new. It wouldn't hurt to have a quality back-up in case he crumbles under the pressure of playing at United or gets injured. I wish we had sold Henderson sooner. But, there is no sense giving him away just because the goaltender market is currently saturated. Henderson won't really have any grounds for complaint as I'm sure he could have facilitated a move by dropping his wage demands. He wants to get paid in full then he has to honour his contract even if that means sitting on our bench for a year. Unlike Maguire, McTominay and Fred I don't think his value will drop significantly over the next year because it is already very low.

If Forest won't give us 20m then we should keep him.

Gandalf

I think at this point we should just keep him for another year. Onana is new. It wouldn't hurt to have a quality back-up in case he crumbles under the pressure of playing at United or gets injured. I wish we had sold Henderson sooner. But, there is no sense giving him away just because the goaltender market is currently saturated. Henderson won't really have any grounds for complaint as I'm sure he could have facilitated a move by dropping his wage demands. He wants to get paid in full then he has to honour his contract even if that means sitting on our bench for a year. Unlike Maguire, McTominay and Fred I don't think his value will drop significantly over the next year because it is already very low.

Just no.

For a start he would not be a backup to Onana as he is levels below Heaton so he won't even be on the bench and earning 120K a week as his value further declines. If it does not work out with Forest we should be able to figure out at the very least a loan deal before the window closes to get some of his wages covered and get him playing and in the shop window for next summer. Him staying just further erodes his already declining value and as he has previously demonstrated he can be a disruptive little cnut if he does not get his way.

Belisarius

Just no.

For a start he would not be a backup to Onana as he is levels below Heaton so he won't even be on the bench and earning 120K a week as his value further declines. If it does not work out with Forest we should be able to figure out at the very least a loan deal before the window closes to get some of his wages covered and get him playing and in the shop window for next summer. Him staying just further erodes his already declining value and as he has previously demonstrated he can be a disruptive little cnut if he does not get his way.
His value seems to already be at rock bottom. I don't think it can further decline.

hobbers

Think it’s reasonable to tell forest to sling it when they’re trying to scam their way to getting him for 30 games a season with no obligation to buy.

Just a shame there’s not a shred of interest elsewhere for united and englands so called next number 1

Gandalf

His value seems to already be at rock bottom. I don't think it can further decline.
Whilst that might be true it is also true that it won't improve for sitting in the stands at Old Trafford next season. If he goes out on loan there is a chance he has a decent season and pushes his value back up again. The loan to Forest would have worked but for the injury, they liked him and if he had stayed fit I think it is fairly clear they would have made a decent bid this summer, the hesitation has come from him being out for 8 months and his fitness being unproven at this point.

SAFMUTD

If we'd sold Henderson before signing Onana that would've weakened our hand with Inter, that would have hurt us more IMO.

Henderson won't be happy to be second choice and there's no chance he can take the starting spot from Onana so I think it will get done most likely not to Forest as they have already signed Turner but to some other club.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest

As I understand it. Personal terms have already been agreed (end ofJune). The delay is nothing to do with Henderson. I‘m wondering if ETH actually wants to keep him considering all the obstacles he’s put in place in the last couple of months.

Crimson King

As I understand it. Personal terms have already been agreed (end ofJune). The delay is nothing to do with Henderson. I‘m wondering if ETH actually wants to keep him considering all the obstacles he’s put in place in the last couple of months.
He doesn't want to keep him at all. The only obstacle in the way is Forest wanting him on loan with an obligation that would be easy to wriggle out of.

I understand why, given how much football he missed last season, but I also understand why United haven't accepted it.

EtH has very little to do with this move stalling.

croadyman

Whilst that might be true it is also true that it won't improve for sitting in the stands at Old Trafford next season. If he goes out on loan there is a chance he has a decent season and pushes his value back up again. The loan to Forest would have worked but for the injury, they liked him and if he had stayed fit I think it is fairly clear they would have made a decent bid this summer, the hesitation has come from him being out for 8 months and his fitness being unproven at this point.
Yeah that injury really scuppered things

Foolsgold21

Can't post the link but apparently Crystal Palace are looking for a goalkeeper - could they be Deano's saving grace?

Bwuk

I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd bought a house in Nottingham which makes the move not happening seem even stranger. You'd of thought he'd of known it was happening if he was to do that.

I can't see him being here. I think Ten Hag likes Heaton, and from all accounts Heaton seems to be a good guy to have around the club too. Onana will play every game unless he picks up a injury anyway.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It looks like Matt Turner has been given the No1 Jersey now he’s signed. I wonder if that’s significant?

OverratedOpinion

I‘m wondering if ETH actually wants to keep him considering all the obstacles he’s put in place in the last couple of months.
Absolutely no chance he'd stay as second choice without kicking up a fuss. Ten Hag will know that and has no time for that type of drama in his squad.

Gandalf

Can't post the link but apparently Crystal Palace are looking for a goalkeeper - could they be Deano's saving grace?
Not likely. Palace benched Guita for Johnstone last season and are now facing issues as Guita is unhappy at being number 2 and has 1 year left on his deal so is refusing to play. Guita will almost certainly be on the move but they are only looking for a backup to Johnstone in that case.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

We've completely messed this up if he doesn't go to Forest.
How have we messed this up? Because we weren’t willing to accept another loan with an obligation to buy only if he plays 30 games? You’ve got yourself all muddled up there. Forest are offering us a shit deal. There are plenty of other clubs that are looking for a keeper. Right now Chelsea are, as are potentially Palace - as Guita has refused to play preseason. Maybe it’s old habits, but you were so quick to attack the club here, without any just cause.

Roboc7

He’ll probably end up going out on loan again and we’ll be back to square one next summer. I think we overplayed our hand with Forest and not surprised they appear to have moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.