Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If we have 150m net spend for example, does it still scare you?
yes because then we can’t buy a CB and Sancho.

no way is rice more important than those 2. sort out those positions and see if we’ve got £30m left for rice.

give them a lingard + cash offer, if they say no walk away.

people complained about pogba for £89m but they’re happy to pay slightly less for rice? :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

no way is rice more important than those 2. sort out those positions and see if we’ve got £30m left for rice.

people complained about pogba for £89m but they’re happy to pay slightly less for rice? :lol:
Do you know what net spend means? :)

150m net spends means 150m initial transfer budget before selling players means we can still spend in the range of 200m-250m after selling players. That range of fees is enough to buy Rice, CB, and Sancho.

Adam-Utd

Do you know what net spend means?

150m net spends means you can still spend in the range of 200m-250m by selling players. That range of fees is enough to buy Rice, CB, and Sancho.
:lol: no I have no idea clearly you melon

so who are we selling to make up that sort of money?

hobbers

AWB is going to be a great right back and he will be well worth the money we paid. I don't get the same feeling with Rice
He's going to be an average right back. Positionally dreadful and poor on the ball. Slide tackling doesn't make up for it.

Rice is similar to AWB in the sense he's thriving in a mid table side who play in a specific way. I wouldn't mind signing him, just not paying double his worth.

kode

m

My guess Lingard for 25, James 20, Dalot 10, Tuanzebe 10. If we are to get Ronaldo or another striker then add martial at 40-50.

Adam-Utd

Why are we not selling if they won't play or won't be used enough?

Isn't it normal player goes, player comes in.
who would you sell? i can’t see us making back more than £60m this summer if we are lucky

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

There are currently question marks over the futures of De Gea, Henderson, Bailly, Martial, Pogba, Donny, Lingard, James, Dalot, Matic and Pereira. Obviously we won’t sell all of them but to ask “how are we raising 50m” seems slightly disingenuous to be honest.

Adam-Utd

There are currently question marks over the futures of De Gea, Henderson, Bailly, Martial, Pogba, Donny, Lingard, James, Dalot, Matic and Pereira. Obviously we won’t sell all of them but to ask “how are we raising 50m” seems slightly disingenuous to be honest.
aside from lingard and martial i don’t see us earning barely anything out of those players listed. DDG won’t sell due to wages either unless we let him go for a small fee.

pogba and donny are going nowhere.

so we’ve got the likes of dalot, pereira, matic, lingard and maybe james? we will be lucky to fetch £50m.

anyway I still think there’s much better value out there than rice

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He's going to be an average right back. Positionally dreadful and poor on the ball. Slide tackling doesn't make up for it.

Rice is similar to AWB in the sense he's thriving in a mid table side who play in a specific way. I wouldn't mind signing him, just not paying double his worth.
He’s not poor on the ball, where does this rubbish keep coming from?

gajender

From watching him play.
He is no worse than most of the DM's playing for big teams and he has grown into much assured player on the ball in last year with further room for improvement as well while having great defensive game already.

As long as we can get him for 30-35 m plus Lingard he would a brilliant addition to the team.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Rice won’t be sold for less than 80-90 mil.
He is not worth it, but he is worth it to West Ham. That’s sadly the price anyone will have to pay nowadays for a young, good, PL proven English player.
Move on and identify a cheaper alternative. I thought we had a great scouting department :houllier:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is not worth it, but he is worth it to West Ham. That’s sadly the price anyone will have to pay nowadays for a young, good, PL proven English player.
Move on and identify a cheaper alternative. I thought we had a great scouting department :houllier:
Yeah, sadly, he's getting priced out a move, but to be honest, another year at West ham would do him good.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No way should we sign him for 90 million. He wont be able to live up to the price tag.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’s not poor on the ball, where does this rubbish keep coming from?
it’s crazy isn’t it.

I find Wan Bissaka’s passing ability to make cutting through balls one of his best assists.

his first touch is great too and has started to be able to whip some crosses in on a regular basis.

OL29

it’s crazy isn’t it.

I find Wan Bissaka’s passing ability to make cutting through balls one of his best assists.

his first touch is great too and has started to be able to whip some crosses in on a regular basis.
He has pretty good footwork too, you can tell he used to be a winger as he knows how to make space for himself to beat a man 1 on 1. I think people think he’s poor ok the ball as he looks gangly and awkward but he’s pretty effective.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
it’s crazy isn’t it.

It’s bonkers. I swear some people hear others and just repeat

lysglimt

Scout

If we have a net-spend of £150 million then we can afford to buy 3 really expensive players as we will offload £60-70 million worth of players. Sancho is £80M, Rice is £80-90M and a central defender at about £50M

Bailly, Williams, Lingard, Andreas, Dalot and one of the goalkeepers is £70-80M

Adam-Utd

If we have a net-spend of £150 million then we can afford to buy 3 really expensive players as we will offload £60-70 million worth of players. Sancho is £80M, Rice is £80-90M and a central defender at about £50M

i’ll believe it when I see it. we are even worse at selling than buying!

flappyjay

That’s my point. They’d be questioning his passing. I saw someone today say we don’t need a goal scoring midfielder we need a passing midfielder. Could have sworn goals win games
Balance is as important too. The logic of goals win games had England start a midfield of Lampard and Gerrard

flappyjay

Remember before we got Bruno we were heavil being linked with Maddison and Grealish, anyone of those 2 was going to cost us 70m+ yet we went outside and got Bruno for 45m.

flappyjay

None of our 2 top keepers have a high value. De gea has a huge salary and Henderson is in the top 5 most paid keepers in the PL. Who would be willing to shell out 30m plus salary for any of them?

croadyman

No way are we paying that for Declan in a million years, if we can't do any kind of deal involving Jesse going the other way then fully expecting us to move for a Bissouma or maybe even Saul if he's open to actually leaving Atletico

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sorry Amol you make it sound like rice and AWB cannot pass a ball - they can. AWB was arguably our best player in the final, making a good number of chances down the right side. Watch how good he becomes as he matures.

you are totally under selling rice too. It’s an internet myth that he can’t pass. Just because he keeps it simple doesn’t mean anything. Do you see Kante hitting many long balls?
AWB can be decent at running at defenders with his turn of pace and feints but he's very limited on the ball. His distribution IMO is mediocre and like a player who has been at Palace for a long time. Maybe he'll develop that side of his game with time and to be fair to him he has, to an extent, over the course of this season, but all in all, he's still a very basic fullback on the ball, and a far cry from the ones who are/were genuinely good on the ball (Evra, Cole, TAA etc).

From what I've seen of Rice, he too looks very limited. Good at shielding the back 4 but not good on the ball. May be I haven't seen enough and need to see more of him but I can barely find anything online relating to his passing. As for Kante, he may not be a great passer of the ball, but he's good at a lot of things that contribute to a team going forwards - for example his driving runs forwards into space are excellent. For me, Kante is not a good comparison as he's this phenomenal engine in midfield that does what he does so exceptionally that it doesn't matter (it does but you can cover up for it) what he can't do, as you make up for it elsewhere

My issue with Rice is that he would play in a position we need and have lacked quality distribution from for ages. We need someone like Fabinho who has the ability to build attacks, not a Casemiero who can't. Not when we have Mctominay, Fred or Pogba as the other midfielder. It just doesn't work having a limited DM in this team IMO.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I still dont get all the noise about him

RiceFredMcTomminay
Successful dribbles pr 90 0.911.1
Completed passes pr 90 (accuracy) 47.4 (87%)67.9 (87%)52,9 (87%)
Successful tackles pr 901.92.92.1
Interceptions pr 9021.81.4
Goals/assists1/11/14/1
Big chances created pr 900.70.90.8

Source. Fred is comfortably the better DM, Rice is slightly better than McTomminay defensively, but less of a goal threat

West Ham wont sell him cheap. So is it worth spending 50-60 million on a player thats about the level of McTomminay? A player in which the majority seems to think is nowhere near good enough to be first XI material.

We should look elsewhere imo. If we truly want to compete for the league next year we should be looking for the next Ndidi/Kante, not an overpriced and over hyped player from West Ham

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I still dont get all the noise about him

RiceFredMcTomminay
Successful dribbles pr 900.911.1
Completed passes pr 90 (accuracy)47.4 (87%)67.9 (87%)52,9 (87%)
Successful tackles pr 901.92.92.1
Interceptions pr 9021.81.4
Goals/assists1/11/14/1
Big chances created pr 900.70.90.8

Source. Fred is comfortably the better DM, Rice is slightly better than McTomminay defensively, but less of a goal threat

West Ham wont sell him cheap. So is it worth spending 50-60 million on a player thats about the level of McTomminay? A player in which the majority seems to think is nowhere near good enough to be first XI material.

We should look elsewhere imo. If we truly want to compete for the league next year we should be looking for the next Ndidi/Kante, not an overpriced and over hyped player from West Ham
Rice is CDM though not a no 8 or hybrid. May be you want to compare him with Rodri, Ndidi, Allan.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
nice edit!

anyways the point still remains, 15m tops
If Rice is 80m
80m+80m+50 = 210m

210-70 = 140m net spent
210-80 = 130m net spent

If Rice is 90m
220-70 = 150m net spent
220-80 = 140m net spent

So please elaborate the 15m tops.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I admire your optimism having gone through all the let down over past few summers in terms of players' sales
We managed to sell Smalling for 17m. What makes you think we can’t sell those three for the value I set?

One player wanted by Bielsa so much. One player did very well on loan. The other is a good PL level goalkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.