Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

I seriously hope we spend all our money on this one player when we can get 2/3 good players for around 100mill+ he will cost, we will have learned nothing
Agreed, I've been very impressed with him the past couple of seasons and while I think he would be a good player for us, his price tag should rightfully rule him out of a move to anyone this summer.

It's not a slight on him, as I'm not sure any DM is worth paying £100m+ on in world football.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This signing should be vetoed for that celebration - against Kidderminster.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
After City set the precedent for a young English talisman with years left on their contract, why would West Ham accept anything under £100m for him this summer? I really can’t imagine either Chelsea or United paying that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's obviously class and would be a great signing if money was no object. But at 100m and with the amount of things we need to address... We really should be looking at some of the free signing options this summer, and look to get Rice later on.

allen7

Grealish transfer is an outlier and shouldn’t be considered for this transfer.
The talk of 100 million is just to increase his value and the west ham board is clearly playing with that. We’ll place a bid not more than 50million + a player (maybe) and if thats not possible we will look elsewhere.

Because as long as ralf is here we’re not going to spend crazy in market due to his excellence in transfers.

allen7

Grealish transfer was an outlier and shouldn’t be considered for this transfer.
The talk of 100 million is just to increase his value and the west ham board is clearly playing with that. We’ll place a bid not more than 50million + a player (maybe) and if thats not possible we will look elsewhere.

Because as long as ralf is here we’re not going to spend crazy in market due to his excellence in transfers.

kingEric68

The guy is a born leader. He needs the big stage too aka International. Blows Fred, Jessie, Bruno, Mata away. He’s got the best years ahead of him. Hardest part will be prising him away from London and Chelsea

Pintu

We’ll place a bid not more than 50million + a player (maybe) and if thats not possible we will look elsewhere.
None of the players you might think of would be interesting enough for Weat Ham. Almost all our players are overpaid, completely unrealistic for a normal club like West Ham. They will want cash and only cash.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anyone see his Overlap interview? Seems like he’d rather go to Chelsea

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It would take a lot for Chelsea to make this move, they'd have to give up on Kanté. I think in the Overlap interview he was just being brutally honest. He's a Chelsea fan and that's that.
Probably not unreasonable, he's 31 in march and has had a lot of injury problems - not sure they're going to stop either.

Hughes35

Are there any other players that you would like Man United to go for instead of Rice?
I think we should have gone for Kessie on the cheap. Rice would be excellent for us but everybody has a price where they become not worth it. Bissouma would also be a good signing at the right price.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Feel like West Ham will regret this obvious PR stunt in the press with Moyes constantly referring to money.

He's going to leave in 2 years on a free to Chelsea as a 25 year old, after perfecting his trade.

I'm not entirely convinced this is nothing more than a purple patch for West Ham as a whole and naturally when the next knocker of the 'Top 6' comes, they descend into the abyss of mid-table normality.

The likes of Rice, Bowen and Diop in particular will be in demand, and if they aren't achieving Top 4 at West Ham they will seek moves. It's the nature of the beast.

Maniron

Feel like West Ham will regret this obvious PR stunt in the press with Moyes constantly referring to money.

He's going to leave in 2 years on a free to Chelsea as a 25 year old, after perfecting his trade.

I'm not entirely convinced this is nothing more than a purple patch for West Ham as a whole and naturally when the next knocker of the 'Top 6' comes, they descend into the abyss of mid-table normality.

The likes of Rice, Bowen and Diop in particular will be in demand, and if they aren't achieving Top 4 at West Ham they will seek moves. It's the nature of the beast.
Rice is a great player, Bowen is skilful, impacts games and runs his blood to water every match, but Diop, really!!! Did you not watch him get taken apart by Kidderminster and hauled off at half time. He is West Ham's 4th choice centre back and even that is questionable now.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think we should have gone for Kessie on the cheap. Rice would be excellent for us but everybody has a price where they become not worth it. Bissouma would also be a good signing at the right price.
:nervous:
There’d certainly be a cost! Not just financial

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Good player that has likely priced himself out of a true move at the peak of his career. No way should we yet again make fools of ourselves in the summer, there are a great many footballers around Europe, and we need to get away from this idea that only the highest paid English ones are any good.

Don't get me wrong, would have been great for us and has excellent attributes, but we need so many changes that spending all summer arguing with WHU about Rice only to make a past-it Kante our best paid player on deadline day feels very on brand for United.

ForeverRed1

Jeremy lynch also said he was told he was the best player technically at Arsenal when he was in the academy, including the first team.
yes he’s full of it for sure; but there’s no reason for them to lie about that, they have had loads of world class players on their channel and they both singled him out as one of the best if not the best they had on.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Good player that has likely priced himself out of a true move at the peak of his career. No way should we yet again make fools of ourselves in the summer, there are a great many footballers around Europe, and we need to get away from this idea that only the highest paid English ones are any good.

Don't get me wrong, would have been great for us and has excellent attributes, but we need so many changes that spending all summer arguing with WHU about Rice only to make a past-it Kante our best paid player on deadline day feels very on brand for United.
The only way he prices himself out is if he signs a contract extension. He's out of contract in 2 years and will be 25. If he carries on performing as he is, he'll be just fine and free to go wherever he fancies!

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Man United should be looking at Bissouma instead, top player and wouldn't be quite that expensive
Hi and sorry golden_blunder. Keep up the good work

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Man United should be looking at Bissouma instead, top player and wouldn't be quite that expensive
Hi and sorry golden_blunder. Keep up the good work
Bissouma is a very good player, but there are also some intangibles with the Basmati Busquets that I can see appealing to us. This is a future United captain and someone who raises the level of the team, in addition to just being a good player. But yes, if we couldn’t get him, and @golden_blunder allows it, then Bissouma wouldn’t be a bad alternative.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Bissouma is a very good player, but there are also some intangibles with the Basmati Busquets that I can see appealing to us. This is a future United captain and someone who raises the level of the team, in addition to just being a good player. But yes, if we couldn’t get him, and @golden_blunder allows it, then Bissouma wouldn’t be a bad alternative.
:lol: It’s amazing how many people want to sign someone with a sexual allegation hanging over him despite greenwood. As long as he’s a good player it seems. How the club looks and behaves doesn’t matter

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Poor @golden_blunder will have to start taking out adverts or something to raise awareness. I think half of your posts for the last six months have been "Bissouma's actually a wrong 'un" :lol:

Santos J

Most West Ham fans would carry Diop to another club themselves. He's shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.