Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't see the young Carrick comparisons at all.
It is really weird. If anything, this guy is more of a the new Matic. Carrick is just another level and he's more of a deep-playmaker rather than just a defensive mid who is decent on the ball.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It is really weird. If anything, this guy is more of a the new Matic. Carrick is just another level and he's more of a deep-playmaker rather than just a defensive mid who is decent on the ball.
I even tried to find some clips of him at West ham to make sure I wasn't going mental.
https://youtu.be/pXVpXVqe3nqchI

I think you're right. If anything, he is more like Matic, but I think Matic played with his head up a bit more at his age and was more expansive in his passing.

gajender

I even tried to find some clips of him at West ham to make sure I wasn't going mental.
https://youtu.be/pXVpXVqe3nqchI

I think you're right. If anything, he is more like Matic, but I think Matic played with his head up a bit more at his age and was more expansive in his passing.
Matic wasn't even playing as defensive midfielder at Rice age he was attacking midfielder I believe .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Matic wasn't even playing as defensive midfielder at Rice age he was attacking midfielder I believe .
You might be right, definitely more of a CM IIRC. Trying to remember him at Benfica, I feel as though he went forward more.

gajender

You might be right, definitely more of a CM IIRC. Trying to remember him at Benfica, I feel as though he went forward more.
I think he was converted to Dm while being at Benfica before being bought back by Chelsea Matic was a great player but unfortunately I think he is way past his expiration date as starter for any team aspiring for top honours we need his replacement ideally before next season starts.

Mcking

He's my type of defensive midfielder. Strong in the air, holds the line, disciplined, and still looks to win back the ball. The doubts has always been his ability with the ball, but he seems to be coming along nicely.

Nevertheless, I'd still wait to see how Kalvin Phillips does in the Premier League. Think he's more dynamic than Rice.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's my type of defensive midfielder. Strong in the air, holds the line, disciplined, and still looks to win back the ball. The doubts has always been his ability with the ball, but he seems to be coming along nicely.

Nevertheless, I'd still wait to see how Kalvin Phillips does in the Premier League. Think he's more dynamic than Rice.
Phillips is more dynamic but Rice has the PL blooding, I’m averse to saying experience as he is still a novice.
He’d be a great understudy to Matic, he’d definitely learn from him in training.
Leeds aren’t going to sell to us cheap anyway

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think he was converted to Dm while being at Benfica before being bought back by Chelsea Matic was a great player but unfortunately I think he is way past his expiration date as starter for any team aspiring for top honours we need his replacement ideally before next season starts.
I think we should get a promising young DM to learn and rotate. Matic has a lot of calming qualities and his ability to position his body to protect the ball when pressed is something a lot of young players could learn from.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think we should get a promising young DM to learn and rotate. Matic has a lot of calming qualities and his ability to position his body to protect the ball when pressed is something a lot of young players could learn from.
The club sees Mctominay as that promising young DM

Mcking

Phillips is more dynamic but Rice has the PL blooding, I’m averse to saying experience as he is still a novice.
He’d be a great understudy to Matic, he’d definitely learn from him in training.
Leeds aren’t going to sell to us cheap anyway
I think Phillips has it in him to make it in the Premier League. He's got the drive and the quality, in defense and with the ball.

Personally, I feel Rice or Phillips would have no problem displacing Matic from the starting XI within a few games due to stamina, superior ground coverage, and having it in them to play every type of game - Phillips especially.

Scholsey2004

I think Phillips has it in him to make it in the Premier League. He's got the drive and the quality, in defense and with the ball.

Personally, I feel Rice or Phillips would have no problem displacing Matic from the starting XI within a few games due to stamina, superior ground coverage, and having it in them to play every type of game - Phillips especially.
Leeds won the Championship so Philips will be in the prem next season anyway. I doubt he'll Leeds leave now.

Mcking

Leeds won the Championship so Philips will be in the prem next season anyway. I doubt he'll Leeds leave now.
Yes, that is one of the reasons why I would be willing to wait it out until summer next year, to see how he does in the Premier League. I really think he has it in him to anchor England's and our midfield for years to come.

Rice and other young defensive midfielders we would be looking at would also have another season under their belts. We were linked to Phillips not very long ago, and Leeds promotion is a positive to me.

macheda14

Yes, that is one of the reasons why I would be willing to wait it out until summer next year, to see how he does in the Premier League. I really think he has it in him to anchor England's and our midfield for years to come.

Rice and other young defensive midfielders we would be looking at would also have another season under their belts. We were linked to Phillips not very long ago, and Leeds promotion is a positive to me.
Would he be willing to be vilified by Leeds fans forevermore?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don't shoot me guys, but he's best mates with Mason Mount so he's obviously choosing us over any other club :wenger:

SAFMUTD

If he wasnt English there wouldnt be half the hype. Do you see any top club intersted in him beside the english ones? I dont know whats the fixation with British willing to overpay for average players instead of opening to other europeans who are better and cheaper.

Bwuk

Thought he played really well today.

Hes the sort of player we should have at our base in midfield.

Zoo

I don’t know why Chelsea want to bring him in to use as a CB. He’s probably going to stay at West Han for now though.

kidbob

I hope we give him serious consideration, or a player of his type, as a Matic replacement. Absolutely excellent defensively and underrated on the ball, especially considering the team he plays in.

izec

Want him as well. I think he would be great in our team currently. Would be an instant upgrade and we could rotate Matic as well and keep him fresh. With them both, we would be good for that position.

There aren't that many better DMs out there. I know some people want more of a playmaker and maybe more elegance, but i think Rice has the tools for the PL and would complement Pogba and Bruno very well, as well as giving some protection to the CBs. Our central defensive spine isn't good enough and he would help there massively, while being useful on the ball as well.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If we could get him for a decent price like 40ish million, then i would be all for it. Buy Grealish or VDB as well. Then Sancho too, although it will be costly.

No point spending 70 million on Rice. He wont live up to the price tag just like Pogba has never lived up to his.

Champagne Football

If we could get him for a decent price like 40ish million, then i would be all for it. Buy Grealish or VDB as well. Then Sancho too, although it will be costly.

No point spending 70 million on Rice. He wont live up to the price tag just like Pogba has never lived up to his.
If that's how you think our transfer window will pan out, then you're in for some serious dosappointment

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Unpopular opinion, but I think McTominay is the better player and will have a better career.
I dont think there's a massive amount between them. Rice has never played to the level Scott has or in a team as good. Not sure about the career though, hard to tell.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can see alot of Fabinho in Rice. He's developing along nicely for a West Ham and England perspective.
Whoever gets him in the summer have a solid player to build a good midfield base around. Naturally,he'll be pricey though.
50/60 million.

arthurka

I can see alot of Fabinho in Rice. He's developing along nicely for a West Ham and England perspective.
Whoever gets him in the summer have a solid player to build a good midfield base around. Naturally,he'll be pricey though.
50/60 million.
Anyone remember when we didn't want Fabinho because he wasn't good enough... Rice is a top talent and will become a top class player for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.