Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Oo0AahCantona

In this guy, Stones, Sterling, Shaw and Kane, England have the best crop of young players coming through for a long time.

United need to get there hands on more than just 1 of them.
Yeah there's certainly a little Crop growing who in a few years can gel then its down to injury troubles of the likes of Wilshere and sturridge, but england are out of the wilderness post 2010-14

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
you can laugh but he looks much better than Pogba at his age, rocking in the fecking premier league
I was criticised on here last month for saying the same thing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
In this guy, Stones, Sterling, Shaw and Kane, England have the best crop of young players coming through for a long time.

United need to get there hands on more than just 1 of them.
Add the likes of Hart, Butland, Smalling, Wilshire, Dier, Barkley, Redmond and Oxlade Chamberlain to the list and we have the basis of a very good team for a good few years.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So I take it we aren't including Cleverley as a young midfielder anymore then?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What about Lallana? He's been a young up and comer for 6 or 7 years now. Liverpool gonna be sorted when he develops.
Ah I forgot about Adam, he's definitely one for the present future. Definitely time to promote young James Milner from the England U21s now too.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Then your laughter will ring all the more hollow when Alli is nominated for the PFA's Young Player of the Year Award.
Kyle Walker won the thing, he soon turned to shit. Pogba's won trophies and being an important player in a side that played in a CL final, it's going to take a lot more than some pretty meaningless nomination before people start to rate Alli on the same level as Pogba.

redmeister

To be honest I don't think Dele Ali is particularly good. I watch all Spurs games, but not through Spurs tinted spectacles. He's got great energy and reads the game very well, but technically I'm not convinced he's good enough to ever be a great player. The fact he's only 19 doesn't mean that much, as he can physically cope with the Prem better than 90% of senior players. Alex Pritchard is 3 years older than Ali and has barely kicked a ball in the Prem, let alone played for England. So it could be assumed that Ali has way more potential than him. But I'd be stunned if in a couple of years time Pritchard wasn't much more highly rated than Ali and playing for England. They are just on totally different development paths, due to physical development and athletic ability.

Revan

Assumptionman
Then your laughter will ring all the more hollow when Alli is nominated for the PFA's Young Player of the Year Award.
Pogba won Golden Boy and the best young player in Serie A when he was 20 years old (same age Alli will be when/if he gets nominated).

So yeah, we're still laughing.

Revan

Assumptionman
Add the likes of Hart, Butland, Smalling, Wilshire, Dier, Barkley, Redmond and Oxlade Chamberlain to the list and we have the basis of a very good team for a good few years.
Only Smalling and Hart (if he isn't in one of the bad spells) aren't useless (for top level) in that list.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That is an overstatement my friend. He might be as good, maybe just under him; however I do not believe he is much better.

Spurs however do know how to find these young talented players.
He was hardly an unknown quantity. He was one of the best players when MK Dons beat us 4-0 in the cup. Bayern scouts were at that game watching him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Only Smalling and Hart (if he isn't in one of the bad spells) aren't useless (for top level) in that list.
Useless? Why does everything have to be hyperbole all the time? In not even saying they're amazing, just that they form a core of young players with plenty of potential.

Walters_19_MuFc

Hate all this comparing. As an England fan, I'm just glad that we've finally started bringing through some really good talents, who are getting vital experience at the top level. Players like Barkley, Sterling, Stones, Shaw, Kane, Dier, Alli, Berahino are all exciting young players.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He was hardly an unknown quantity. He was one of the best players when MK Dons beat us 4-0 in the cup. Bayern scouts were at that game watching him.
I did not say he was unknown, just that Spurs is good at developing and finding these young players. On a side note, I watched the game where we lost to Mk Dons and I am shocked that I could not remember his performance.

Devil may care

It'll be interesting to see how he develops, he's a big, strong athlete which is perfect for the PL and right now he's playing as a #10 pretty effectively for Spurs, although I imagine the plan is to develop him into a deeper role.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Kyle Walker won the thing, he soon turned to shit. Pogba's won trophies and being an important player in a side that played in a CL final, it's going to take a lot more than some pretty meaningless nomination before people start to rate Alli on the same level as Pogba.
Walker is part of what is currently the best defence in the Prem, will most likely be part of the England squad for Euro 2016 and is one of the Prem's better RBs.

As for Pogba, the discussion is not about what he's done since leaving United (he is, after all, 3 years older than Alli). It's about comparing Pogba when he was the same age as Alli is now ... and in that comparison Alli comes out favourably.

Alli's a starting regular in a strong Prem team, he's scored 4 league goals and made several assists, and he's part of a CM combo that has dominated the CMs of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and others. Pogba had reached none of these levels at the age of 19.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Walker is part of what is currently the best defence in the Prem, will most likely be part of the England squad for Euro 2016 and is one of the Prem's better RBs.

As for Pogba, the discussion is not about what he's done since leaving United (he is, after all, 3 years older than Alli). It's about comparing Pogba when he was the same age as Alli is now ... and in that comparison Alli comes out favourably.

Alli's a starting regular in a strong Prem team, he's scored 4 league goals and made several assists, and he's part of a CM combo that has dominated the CMs of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and others. Pogba had reached none of these levels at the age of 19.
Pogba was never given the platform at that age to reach the dazzling heights of 4 PL goals.

Alli looks good, granted, but he's got a lot of improving to do to reach what Pogba achieved in his early 20's. Once Pogba was given the chance to show his class then it shone through.

Even so, I'd love to have Alli as an option at United currently.

NoPace

It'll be interesting to see how he develops, he's a big, strong athlete which is perfect for the PL and right now he's playing as a #10 pretty effectively for Spurs, although I imagine the plan is to develop him into a deeper role.
I don't think it should be much deeper. His movement seems very clever and his strength and pace are better than his ability in tight spaces. He's best getting rid of it quickly and using his speed to get open again.

This looks like a 10 or a 4-3-3 CM to me. If he's the player he looks, we missed out on would have been a nice fit pushing forward with Herrera in front of Schneiderlin, in a more up-tempo system.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's supposed to be a midfielder but he kinda reminds me of Muller

Ish

Lights on for Luke
What kind of player is Alli? Box to box? And what is his best trait? Goal scoring/movement/finishing? Lampard'esque with less power but better technique? He gets into good goal scoring positions.

Reason I'm asking is because I don't watch that much of him and if he hadn't popped up with that gem of a finish, he'd have been "ok" that half. Nothing special.

edit: sort of what @Akash said. My first impression of him was that he was a Wilshere type cm.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He's great. To be at his level after just 16 games of Premier League football is outstanding.

Mister_Stubbs

The sort of talent we'd have signed under Fergie.. Makes you wonder if we'll ever take chances on these sorts of players again.

Treble

Alli has scored as many league goals as Martial and has got more assists. Given tat he's a year younger than Martial and is a midfielder, that's pretty impressive.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What kind of player is Alli? Box to box? And what is his best trait? Goal scoring/movement/finishing? Lampard'esque with less power but better technique? He gets into good goal scoring positions.

Reason I'm asking is because I don't watch that much of him and if he hadn't popped up with that gem of a finish, he'd have been "ok" that half. Nothing special.

edit: sort of what @Akash said. My first impression of him was that he was a Wilshere type cm.
Yes, he's essentially a box-to-box CM. Sometimes he's been employed in a deeper CM role, sort-of alongside Dier, but lately (like today) Pochettino has been playing him further forward

I'd say his best trait is his athleticism and really good mobility, but it's quite hard to pick that out above some other good traits.

Cina

The sort of talent we'd have signed under Fergie.. Makes you wonder if we'll ever take chances on these sorts of players again.
Bit generous to Fergie. We hadn't really found any hidden English gems under him for a very long time aside from possibly Smalling.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Look forward to a selection of Henderson, Wilshere, Milner, Welbeck, Lallana and Rooney starting ahead of both Alli and Kane in the summer.

Boycott

Kinda reminds me of Gerrard.

Just a well rounded footballer with an eye for goal. Whether he settles in the heart of the midfield or is pushed up he'll do a good job.

RooneyLegend

Pogba looked very raw and immature at the same age, Im comparing whats comparable, and also for that reason he played only couple of minutes for us, Ali looks like the brightest talent in the premier league and already game changer for Tottenham, it might sound as an overstatement but at the same time its only because how eventually Pogba dvelopped in a as poor league as Seria A, time will tell if Alli can match performances what pogba's capable of but right now he's easily better of the two at the same age..:-)
At this age Pogba was in the process of ousting Marchiso out of the Juve line up. you seem to have the ages a bit confused.

Moonred

It will be fascinating to see his progress. looks really good but he is only starting and unnecessary expectations must be avoided for his sake.