Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Ish

Lights on for Luke
@GlastonSpur
Thanks bro. Much appreciated. He seems to be playing behind Kane today. I've seen him as a cm in a midfield before iirc as well.

Seems really well rounded and gives Potch a ton of options. His movement is excellent though. Gets into a lot of goal scoring opportunities ala Lampard.

Irrational.

I've been searching for a weakness in this lad and Sky Sports just pointed it out.

He's as boring as a stoned James Milner in his interviews.

Interviewer: "So, what was the best thing about your goal? Was it the run, control or the finish?"

Alli: "Umm yeah I enjoyed that goal, the best part about it was the pass from Toby and I just scored really"

Interviewer: "What is the aim for the rest of the season? Have you thought about where you'd like to finish?"

Alli: "We're just taking it each game as it comes and wherever we finish at the end of the season we'll be happy with that."

What a fecking robot.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
At this age Pogba was in the process of ousting Marchiso out of the Juve line up. you seem to have the ages a bit confused.
Pogba didn't make his first competitive start for Juve until he was 19.5 years old. Alli is only two months older than that and has already made 25 appearances for Spurs, in a more competitive league, with 5 goals and several assists so far.

So yes, I'd say Alli is ahead of the Pogba curve so far.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I've been searching for a weakness in this lad and Sky Sports just pointed it out.

Interviewer: "So, what was the best thing about your goal? Was it the run, control or the finish?"

Alli: "Umm yeah I enjoyed that goal, the best part about it was the pass from Toby and I just scored really"

Interviewer: "What is the aim for the rest of the season? Have you thought about where you'd like to finish?"

Alli: "We're just taking it each game as it comes and wherever we finish at the end of the season we'll be happy with that."

What a fecking robot.
No mention of it being a team game or an impossible percentage, I'm disappointed.

Bwuk

Him and Dier are the future of England's midfield.

Rory 7

Signed for £5m from MK Dons last year. What a bargain. The same MK Dons that LVG clearly didn't know a thing about in the League Cup, not blaming LVG but just goes to show what having a manager who knows the league in place can do.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pogba didn't make his first competitive start for Juve until he was 19.5 years old. Alli is only two months older than that and has already made 25 appearances for Spurs, in a more competitive league, with 5 goals and several assists so far.

After a while of reading your reviews regarding Alli and watching him I've finally come over to your side and I do think that Alli could in fact end up better than Pogba (he's considerably better than Pogba at the same age who couldn't get into the United side with very poor midfield options), additionally he has a much better attitude than Pogba at that age and he looks the more complete player. You've got a very special talent on your hands and England have an exciting up and coming generation.

RooneyLegend

This is just ridiculous really. breaking it down all the way down to months. Pogba was already developed, he was just waiting for his opportunity. when it came he took it. If you think what Alli is doing this season is more impressive than what Pogba was doing in his first juve season, then there's very little to discuss here.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Him and Dier are the future of England's midfield.
Dier really suits the way Spurs set up. I don't think he's a top level midfielder though. Not to say he won't go on to be a good one mind.

RooneyLegend

After a while of reading your reviews regarding Alli and watching him I've finally come over to your side and I do think that Alli could in fact end up better than Pogba (he's considerably better than Pogba at the same age who couldn't get into the United side with very poor midfield options), additionally he has a much better attitude than Pogba at that age and he looks the more complete player. You've got a very special talent on your hands and England have an exciting up and coming generation.
Pogba wasn't at United at the same age.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Its difficult to compare players at certain ages because players develop differently and their trajectories are effected by so many variables. It's never or hardly ever, linear.

Spurs have a talent though. That's for sure.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This comparison with Pogba is getting silly now.

Let's just sign both.

Moonred

Pogba was 19.5 as Glaston does mention. But those are small details, Pogba went on to quickly establish himself in that very first season for Juve and was the talk of the town soon after. His contributions for Juve in that first season was also pretty damn good. It's easy to appreciate two talented footballers who are likely to dominate for years.

Water Melon

A talented footballer playing in a talented team under a talented manager, perfect cocktail really. Now please explain how does our scouting system under LvG function?i

Bwuk

He'll be Martial biggest competition for young player of the year.
To be honest, as it stands I'd give it to him.

Alli came from MK Dons for a small fee compared to Martial. Not saying he's a better player though.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
In this guy, Stones, Sterling, Shaw and Kane, England have the best crop of young players coming through for a long time.

United need to get there hands on more than just 1 of them.
Butland and Barkley too

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

What a fecking robot.
99% of footballers are like this, never bother listening to post match comments cause they're all the fecking same.

the hea

To be honest, as it stands I'd give it to him.

Alli came from MK Dons for a small fee compared to Martial. Not saying he's a better player though.
They are both fantastic talents but if it's just down to performances this season I think Alli has been the better of them so far.

Water Melon

I don't know but they found Martial so they're doing something right.
The key word being "something". With the amount we paid for Martial and all the performance-based add ons, one can argue that Anthony was more of "throwing money at a potentially great young continental player" rather than "a transfer gem", whereas Dele Alli is exactly the latter.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
The key word being "something". With the amount we paid for Martial and all the performance-based add ons, one can argue that Anthony was more of "throwing money at a potentially great young continental player" rather than "a transfer gem", whereas Dele Alli is exactly the latter.
Well we got arguably the best teenage forward in world football so I ain't complaining.

Water Melon

Well we got arguably the best teenage forward in world football so I ain't complaining.
Nobody does, just wanted to mention that its been a long time since we bought a fairly unknown player who turned out to be a real scout gem, an outstanding value for money purchase.

Lentwood

A talented footballer playing in a talented team under a talented manager, perfect cocktail really. Now please explain how does our scouting system under LvG function?i
There are lots of things van Gaal can justifiably face criticism for but our scouting system has been shocking for a while. For ages it seemed like it was just a collection of Fergies relatives and mates picking names out of a hat!

RedStarUnited

I havent really paid great attention to his all round game. So can I ask those that have, what is his all round game like? I feel like in England we seem to love people who can score goals but neglect players who have other not so obvious great attributes.

Whilst we all getting giddy over the likes of Ali, Barkley etc. What England need badly is a player like Michael Carrick to come through and not be so criminally underused and underrated.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I havent really paid great attention to his all round game. So can I ask those that have, what is his all round game like? I feel like in England we seem to love people who can score goals but neglect players who have other not so obvious great attributes.

Whilst we all getting giddy over the likes of Ali, Barkley etc. What England need badly is a player like Michael Carrick to come through and not be so criminally underused and underrated.
Is Dier really better than Carrick and Barry at this moment? Them 2 really suit international football also. Barry is having a great season also, ask any Evertonian and they will probably tell you he has been our 2nd best player this season. He has really bounced back after a terrible last season. I think he has to much of a unfair bad reputation for Hodgson to consider him though.

Mojo_pin

Pogba, a highly promising 18 yo youngster at Manchester United, was on the outside looking in with Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, and company for a premier team in England and Europe. Alli, a promising midfielder from the 'lower leagues' and now player for a better than average team, has never faced the same pressure or adversity as Pogba at the same age. Alli would never have gotten into the same Manchester United team.

I think the comparisons are silly. Pogba, before his 21st birthday, has played for two of the very best teams in their respective countries and has won titles, the FIFA U20 Golden Ball, Golden boy, FIFA young player of the year award, and started in the EUFA Champions League. He's probably the most sought after midfielder in the world at 22. If Manchester United were in a similar position as Tottenham he would most likely would have played more.

On the other hand, Alli may win the Barclay's young player of the year award for a team with aspirations of making it into Europe and has a strong chance of making this summer's Euro 2016 team.

I hope this puts things into perspective.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs official site today: "We're delighted to announce that Dele Alli has signed a new contract with the club which will run until 2021."

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
how long did his last contract run?
It's probably due to his performances rather than anything else and he was most likely on low wages as I doubt anyone could have envisaged the impact he has had. We did the same in the 14/15 season with players who had performed well and the same with Galloway this season. Only played 10-15 games but played really well and deserved a wage rise.