Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

m1y2

Hart
Clyne---Smalling---Stones---Shaw
Carrick/Dier
Alli---Barkley
Chamberlain---Kane---Sterling

Is actually a really good team. Also has potential to be one of the best IMO.
But why Carrick?:lol: he's done for a while nevermind he absolutely doesnt fit in this potentially brutal team.. Also I prefer Ox from the middle.. JWP might come in handy in a few years if he finally steps up, could be well used as deep laying playmaker, already a fantastic set piece taker

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Agree with this, but in the summer we'll end up with this dream lineup:

Hart
Clyne - Cahill - Smalling - Baines
Milner - Henderson - Barkley
Vardy - Rooney - Sterling​
Can't say Vardy would be undeserving tbf

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
But why Carrick?:lol: he's done for a while nevermind he absolutely doesnt fit in this potentially brutal team.. Also I prefer Ox from the middle.. JWP might come in handy in a few years if he finally steps up, could be well used as deep laying playmaker, already a fantastic set piece taker
Because he's very good in the DM/deep lying playmaker role. With 2 dynamic midfielders in front of him, it could work, and for the summer, it'd be good to have his experience in the middle of the park. For the future, Dier might turn out to be a top class DM (so far he's done very well but we'll have to see if he can also do it at the top level).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hart
Clyne---Smalling---Stones---Shaw
Carrick/Dier
Alli---Barkley
Chamberlain---Kane---Sterling

Is actually a really good team. Also has potential to be one of the best IMO.
Ox is a bit shit, could do with replacing. Walcott? Welbeck? He tends to perform for the national side. The rest of that side is probably the best we could get.

justboy68

Fergie would have signed him without a doubt after we played MK Dons. Not sure how we managed to miss out. Well actually I am it's because we are currently being run by complete buffoons.

m1y2

Because he's very good in the DM/deep lying playmaker role. With 2 dynamic midfielders in front of him, it could work, and for the summer, it'd be good to have his experience in the middle of the park. For the future, Dier might turn out to be a top class DM (so far he's done very well but we'll have to see if he can also do it at the top level).
There is absolutely no reason why to call him to England squad, he's past it anyway. Would actually be pretty shocking. Dier would balance it even more, Carrick has mobility of a slowpoke and his defensive contribution is hugely overrated, he will be soon 35 and plans to retire very soon ffs, its not like we are talking about scholes who was very good even when he came out of retirement. And I wouldnt call even him, younger more tenacious players deserve chance

prarek

Barkley with a slight edge in the attacking and passing stats. But Alli offers much more defensively. Maybe they could be a Lampard and Gerrard who actually compliment each other.
That is what i think. Barkley seems to be more of a playmaker and Alli is more well rounded. They won't get in each other's way like Lampard and Gerard who thrived in the same areas. I think they will compliment each other well, atleast on paper it looks that way.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Everything about that goal was great, the ball from Kane, the header from Eriksen and then everything Delle Alli did, pretty convinced it's one of the best I've ever seen as a whole team goal. Lovely thing to watch.

The guy is class, just hope we don't ruin him in the national team like we do every English talent.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
That is what i think. Barkley seems to be more of a playmaker and Alli is more well rounded. They won't get in each other's way like Lampard and Gerard who thrived in the same areas. I think they will compliment each other well, atleast on paper it looks that way.
Still needs a defensive midfielder in a 3.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Still needs a defensive midfielder in a 3.
Dier - Alli
---Barkley

Carrick is experienced yes, but no longer has the energy and mobility. Besides, Dier and Alli already know each other's game.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
There is absolutely no reason why to call him to England squad, he's past it anyway. Would actually be pretty shocking. Dier would balance it even more, Carrick has mobility of a slowpoke and his defensive contribution is hugely overrated, he will be soon 35 and plans to retire very soon ffs, its not like we are talking about scholes who was very good even when he came out of retirement. And I wouldnt call even him, younger more tenacious players deserve chance
Don't agree, bolded part is wrong but you're entitled to your opinion.

Dante

Average bang
The upcoming generation on English players seems to be more comfortable on the ball than previous ones. That can only be good.

m1y2

Don't agree, bolded part is wrong but you're entitled to your opinion.
I am wrong and that's my opinion, funny how you state it like it's true but try to compensate it with "but its just youre opinion and people have also wrong opinions" which also defacto says your wrong..

Carrick was overall quite overrated player by United fans over years, funny how we suddenly have midfield now and we are not talking about any wordclass players... but I wont get into this argument again, it already took some part of my life and I am not wasting my time anymore on this. Bias towards some players is huge here but everyone is entitled to have an opinion as you said but that doesn't automatically mean that it is true/untrue let alone some things cant be classified as that and are simply matter of, again, opinion.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I am wrong and that's my opinion, funny how you state it like it's true but try to compensate it with "but its just youre opinion and people have also wrong opinions" which also defacto says your wrong..

Carrick was overall quite overrated player by United fans over years, funny how we suddenly have midfield now and we are not talking about any wordclass players... but I wont get into this argument again, it already took some part of my life and I am not wasting my time anymore on this. Bias towards some players is huge here but everyone is entitled to have an opinion as you said but that doesn't automatically mean that it is true/untrue let alone some things cant be classified as that and are simply matter of, again, opinion.
I don't agree about your overall assessment of Carrick but I recognize that you are entitled to your opinion. However the part about his defensive contribution being overrated is completely wrong imo.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I don't agree about your overall assessment of Carrick but I recognize that you are entitled to your opinion. However the part about his defensive contribution being overrated is completely wrong imo.
People will forever underrate Carrick and his contributions to United over the past however many years... such is life.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can't quite fathom how not more teams weren't sniffing after this lad

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Those teams don't look bad, but they are filled with players who have basically done nothign at all outside of a rather weak PL yet.

RustyS

Nasty. I do wish Martinez was his manager. He's hilarious when defending one of his players:

"I think it is unfair to criticize Dele. He is a fantastic, young, english footballer. Maybe the most sensational thing since ultra-thin condoms. He wasn't kicking the Fiorentina player but giving him an abdominal massage for constipation."

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Great young talent, with bags of potential, but he's a bit of a prick, isn't he?
Pochettino will sort him out:

"We need to look at the video and try to teach him," he said. "He is a young player and he has a lot to learn about elite football. It is his first season in the Premier League at Tottenham. He came from League One, he needs to still learn a lot."

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

"We need to look at the video and try to teach him," he said. "He is a young player and he has a lot to learn about elite football. It is his first season in the Premier League at Tottenham. He came from League One, he needs to still learn a lot."
I proper hope so, as he has that sunday league attitude when things go against him. but I don't want him to calm down. He just needs to learn to channel it.

Edit: talking from an England perspective, still hate spurs.

Walters_19_MuFc

This is why I really like Pochettino. Well said by him.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
How the flying feck did every big team in the Prem let him go to Spurs?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's a proper complete midfielder. He doesn't really have any weaknesses to his game.

The White Pele

I think he could play deeper. Looks after the ball really well and has an aggressive edge to his play.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
How the flying feck did every big team in the Prem let him go to Spurs?
Because, in his own words: "When I signed here I wanted to play for Tottenham and I wasn't thinking of going anywhere else at the time .... I’m really excited to be working with Pochettino."