Dele Alli - Performance Thread 2017/18

Mister_Stubbs

Someone will do him sooner rather than later and I have to say I'll be looking forward to it.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Vlad Weiss having a dig at Alli, unusual to see a player slagging another pro

Charles Miller

A lot of people these days think if they bring the word "overrated" they no longer need to show any argument.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Someone will do him sooner rather than later and I have to say I'll be looking forward to it.
Yup. Might sound cnutish and awful to say, but feck it. He deserves it. He constantly kicks out and does nasty tackles and tries to injure others. He deserves to get 2 footed studs up by someone and get what he tries to do to others every game. Very, very few players are as thugish as he is. Usually you can defend most in a way saying just over the top, too aggressive but went for the ball, etc.. He just aims to hurt players. So I don't bat an eyelid when someone decks him and he's out for a while.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yup. Might sound cnutish and awful to say, but feck it. He deserves it. He constantly kicks out and does nasty tackles and tries to injure others. He deserves to get 2 footed studs up by someone and get what he tries to do to others every game. Very, very few players are as thugish as he is. Usually you can defend most in a way saying just over the top, too aggressive but went for the ball, etc.. He just aims to hurt players. So I don't bat an eyelid when someone decks him and he's out for a while.
Roy Keane broke a guys leg, intentionally going for him FFS.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Vlad Weiss having a dig at Alli, unusual to see a player slagging another pro

He isn't wrong. I noticed it 5 or 6 times tonight. Shame he is the FA wank sock really because he might end up with a ban otherwise.

Horrible little cnut.

Acole9

Outstanding
I can't stand him. The only thing that would've made the loss worse would be him scoring.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No he didn't, stop peddling myths. And admit that your player is a thug.
However, Keane also goes on to say in his new book, The Second Half, that he has never regretted slamming his studs into the knee of the Manchester City player. Haaland, he says, “pissed me off, shooting his mouth off. He was an absolute prick to play against. Niggling, sneaky. I did want to nail him and let him know what was happening. I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: ‘Take that, you cnut.’ I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him.

What?

He'lmurderyah15

Would love to have seen someone nail him after his petulant kick at Sanchez. 2 nil up and he's still at that craic. Annoys me.

Spirit of Solskjaer

However, Keane also goes on to say in his new book, The Second Half, that he has never regretted slamming his studs into the knee of the Manchester City player. Haaland, he says, “pissed me off, shooting his mouth off. He was an absolute prick to play against. Niggling, sneaky. I did want to nail him and let him know what was happening. I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: ‘Take that, you cnut.’ I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him.

What?
Yeah, he tackled Haaland with the intention of hurting him, but he didn't break his leg. Didn't even end his match, nevermind his career. Haaland finished the game and then played again a couple of days later. Then in the next game got the injury which finally ended his career.

So now that's out the way, finally admit that Alli is a thug?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Wishing injury on a player
I’m sure most football supporters and opposition players would love to see the bastard get his legs snapped and sidelined for many months.

He’s a horrible arrogant cnut and is need of a leg snap to humble him down.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, he tackled Haaland with the intention of hurting him, but he didn't break his leg. Didn't even end his match, nevermind his career. Haaland finished the game and then played again a couple of days later. Then in the next game got the injury which finally ended his career.

So now that's out the way, finally admit that Alli is a thug?
He's petulant, he's rash, don't make it out like he's the only one. Even Herrera loves a hack. And don't defend Keane, he's a legend but a dirty player, and enjoys that he was.

bosnian_red

Roy Keane broke a guys leg, intentionally going for him FFS.
Roy Keane was also a cnut though and probably deserved retribution the times he went all out to hurt players. As does anyone. Alli does it a lot, and won't cut it down until it happens to him.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I’m sure most football supporters and opposition players would love to see the bastard get his legs snapped and sidelined for many months.

Lovely tribalism of football :lol:.

bosnian_red

He's petulant, he's rash, don't make it out like he's the only one. Even Herrera loves a hack. And don't defend Keane, he's a legend but a dirty player, and enjoys that he was.
Big difference with Herrera. Herrera likes going in hard and does little niggling fouls, but he never goes in overly hard on purpose to hurt players or injure them. He is probably one of the most annoying players for opposition as he constantly does the small fouls, but that's different to straight up aiming to hurt players.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Roy Keane was also a cnut though and probably deserved retribution the times he went all out to hurt players. As does anyone. Alli does it a lot, and won't cut it down until it happens to him.
That's a bit strong, alli is petulant, and has a niggle but I don't think he intentionally would want to hurt another player. All teams have them.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Big difference with Herrera. Herrera likes going in hard and does little niggling fouls, but he never goes in overly hard on purpose to hurt players or injure them. He is probably one of the most annoying players for opposition as he constantly does the small fouls, but that's different to straight up aiming to hurt players.
I'd liken him to Alli TBH. I don't want any players hurt but aggression is part of the game. Being "naughty" is different from being an Adam or Cattermole. Again I agree Alli needs to reign it in but he's not a keg breaker.

bosnian_red

That's a bit strong, alli is petulant, and has a niggle but I don't think he intentionally would want to hurt another player. All teams have them.
Nah Alli is one of the few who does it way too much for it to be niggles like Herrera or being down to petulance. Swipes like him on Sanchez right before he got subbed? Absolutely unnecessary other then him "being a big man" and hitting the ex arsenal player. Ball was so far away and he just kicked him, and it was so far from being a dangerous position or stopping a counter. It was plain and simple a kick to hurt Sanchez.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nah Alli is one of the few who does it way too much for it to be niggles like Herrera or being down to petulance. Swipes like him on Sanchez right before he got subbed? Absolutely unnecessary other then him "being a big man" and hitting the ex arsenal player. Ball was so far away and he just kicked him, and it was so far from being a dangerous position or stopping a counter. It was plain and simple a kick to hurt Sanchez.
I ageee but was it a leg breaker, come on?

Canagel

I wanted to punch him when he went at Sanchez. Despicable person

bosnian_red

I'd liken him to Alli TBH. I don't want any players hurt but aggression is part of the game. Being "naughty" is different from being an Adam or Cattermole.
That's the thing. I agree being naughty is different to Adam or Cattermole, and while Alli is a feck ton more talented then those two, he has it in him to be like those. Doesn't do it all the time, but he does do it sometimes and today did it plenty where he just went to take out and leave a mark rather then take the ball. Was completely pointless. Spurs dominating, game petering out, in United's half, and he just full swipes at Sanchez because he used to be an Arsenal player basically.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've never really bought into the hype with him. This season though there is zero hype and he just looks a car crash of a footballer at times when the only thing you notice is him trying to break legs. Luckily he's too much of a fanny to manage that.

bosnian_red

I ageee but was it a leg breaker, come on?
That wasn't a leg breaker, but he had prior that are basically leg breakers. Him on De Bruyne recently. Again pointless, well late to the point where you can say he wasn't really going for the ball but more just going to take the best player out and leave a mark.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That's the thing. I agree being naughty is different to Adam or Cattermole, and while Alli is a feck ton more talented then those two, he has it in him to be like those. Doesn't do it all the time, but he does do it sometimes and today did it plenty where he just went to take out and leave a mark rather then take the ball. Was completely pointless. Spurs dominating, game petering out, in United's half, and he just full swipes at Sanchez because he used to be an Arsenal player basically.
I agree he needs to reign it in but he's young. He's rash, I just don't like the comments "he needs snapped".

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth

No football supporter would want to see a player have his leg snapped mate.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I've never really bought into the hype with him. This season though there is zero hype and he just looks a car crash of a footballer at times when the only thing you notice is him trying to break legs. Luckily he's too much of a fanny to manage that.
See why don't u? 5 goals and 7 assists and he ha been pretty shit the season, more than rashford and only a year or 2 older. If u don't like him fine, but he's a very effective player.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
See why don't u? 5 goals and 7 assists and he ha been pretty shit the season, more than rashford and only a year or 2 older. If u don't like him fine, but he's a very effective player.
I don't see it either to be honest. Everytime i watch Spurs i want him to show me what i'm missing but aside from a few neat little touches here and there i still see an average player with potential.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't see it either to be honest. Everytime i watch Spurs i want him to show me what i'm missing but aside from a few neat little touches here and there i still see an average player with potential.
That's what he is, I don't quite know what's going on at the minute.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Well as typical with young English talent he has been overhyped. The same applies to Rashford.

A lot of the backlash he has been getting recently is down to his off the ball antics. He could have quite easily seen red tonight and his previous game he could have been booked 4 times before he was eventually carded and he should have been booked twice afterwards. But for whatever reason he seems to get so much leniency.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Valencia took the ball first.
I still think it was a penalty. Not that I'm an expert on the book of course, but it seemed to be way too much force and a bad angle paired with that despite hitting the ball he still had to go through the player in the sense that the tackle couldn't not hit the player from that angle while aiming for the ball.

bosnian_red

I think it's the comparisons to pogba and shit that you saw from last season and people saying he's up there with Mbappe as top youngsters around... That's way overboard. Also think he's as much of a midfielder as pogba is (as in neither should play as midfielders), but other topic probably.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not one to judge on stats unless they are outrageous. Otherwise I would have been creaming myself over Lukaku like others. Besides, Alli is basically a SS/No 9, so I'd expect him to have some goals and assists playing for Spurs. Capable of playing for Real Madrid (as suggested/rumoured) or spending big money on though...not for me.