Dele Alli - Performance Thread 2017/18

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm not one to judge on stats unless they are outrageous. Otherwise I would have been creaming myself over Lukaku like others. Besides, Alli is basically a SS/No 9, so I'd expect him to have some goals and assists playing for Spurs. Capable of playing for Real Madrid (as suggested/rumoured) or spending big money on though...not for me.
I'm not one to think he is anywhere near ready for that step up. He is basically lampard, technically limited but knows where to be at the right time. Hes perhaps a tad moret skillful but that's what he is.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Alli genuinely annoys me and that's not based simple on tonight. He's so snide.

The FA has done a lot to eradicate the aggressive nature of the league but people like Alli still get away with far too much. If there were a three strike review panel on the type of challenges he makes weekly then then he'd definitely have more than a few bans.

Fluctuation0161

Dirty player. Has been obviously dangerous in kick outs or bad tackles multiple times this season. When will referees take note or the FA punish him retrospectively?

tomaldinho1

I'm not one to think he is anywhere near ready for that step up. He is basically lampard, technically limited but knows where to be at the right time. Hes perhaps a tad moret skillful but that's what he is.
Lampard was twice the player Dele will ever be. Really wish we had a National team manager that would drop him for kicking out - send the right message for once.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Lampard was twice the player Dele will ever be. Really wish we had a National team manager that would drop him for kicking out - send the right message for once.
Lol no he wasn't at the same age, lampard was an increadably late bloomer. Lampard was no where near the level at 21. So u honestly believe what ur saying? If u do look at Lampard in his every early 20s. Stupid comment.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I'd agree fully. How anyone can't see that a pen is beyond me.
It's definitely not clear cut to award. Valencia definitely gets some of the ball, does he take the player before the ball is the question? Seems awfully close to me, and would be hard for a ref to give.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
He's a snide, but I really like that part of his game. One of those players you love if he plays for your team, and despise when he doesn't.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's definitely not clear cut to award. Valencia definitely gets some of the ball, does he take the player before the ball is the question? Seems awfully close to me, and would be hard for a ref to give.
He cut him down well before the ball, come on it was clear cut. Just don't look at the ball. U cannot deny it, pen. If it's ur team I'd see it deferbetky.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He cut him down well before the ball, come on it was clear cut. Just don't look at the ball. U cannot deny it, pen. If it's ur team I'd see it deferbetky.
We have the benefit of slow motion replays, the ref does not, in real time I can understand the refs reluctance to award it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Should've been sent off for that tackle. Absolutely cynical tackle and it wasn't even as if he was preventing a counter-attack that you could label it a 'professional foul' and therefore give a yellow card. It was dangerous and purely there to hurt Sanchez, it doesn't have to be two footed or high to be a red card.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Should've been sent off for that tackle. Absolutely cynical tackle and it wasn't even as if he was preventing a counter-attack that you could label it a 'professional foul' and therefore give a yellow card. It was dangerous and purely there to hurt Sanchez, it doesn't have to be two footed or high to be a red card.
There is no way that foul on Sanchez was a sending off offense, if that is a sending off offense every game will be seeing 2 or 3 players from each team being sent off. Cynical, yes, is Alli a smug prat, yes, but sending off? Not in a million years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anyways good that he wasn't sent off, we won't gain anything from it, at least now he can play against Liverpool and Arsenal.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
There is no way that foul on Sanchez was a sending off offense, if that is a sending off offense every game will be seeing 2 or 3 players from each team being sent off. Cynical, yes, is Alli a smug prat, yes, but sending off? Not in a million years.
I would equate what Alli did with kicking out at a player, which is a sending off. There was no intention of getting the ball from Alli and you couldn't deem it as him stopping an attack.

roonster09

Scout
The saltyness in this thread is hilarious.
Why? He was cnut for kicking Sanchez and called out as one. You need to take head out of your arse if you think it's saltyness when he was called pathetic and all the names when he tried to break KdB's leg.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Concur, no question he’s an idiot and will make dirty challenges but if that’s a red then few teams would finish with 11. Rightly booked and smartly subbed off before he did similar since he seems to lack self discipline

He’s done far worse that merited red

He’s an intriguing player because it’s obvious he has great talent but will his career suffer in the long term due to being a nutter?

Spurs fans, what’s wrong with him? Troubled past or just terribly immature?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Concur, no question he’s an idiot and will make dirty challenges but if that’s a red then few teams would finish with 11. Rightly booked and smartly subbed off before he did similar since he seems to lack self discipline

He’s an intriguing player because it’s obvious he has great talent but will his career suffer in the long term due to being a nutter?

Nothing is wrong with him - people go ridiculously over the top about his behaviour. Last night is a good example - no talk about Valencia almost killing Son with a ridiculous challenge but Dele shows a bit of petulance and gets rightly booked and he may as well be the anti-christ. People don't like him because he takes the piss out of other players and is always on the wind-up - he has a bit of the Diego Costa about him and like Costa it is part of what makes him a good player.

This from Utd fans whos idols include Keane and Cantona is a bit rich.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Nothing is wrong with him - people go ridiculously over the top about his behaviour. Last night is a good example - no talk about Valencia almost killing Son with a ridiculous challenge but Dele shows a bit of petulance and gets rightly booked and he may as well be the anti-christ. People don't like him because he takes the piss out of other players and is always on the wind-up - he has a bit of the Douglas Costa about him and like Costa it is part of what makes him a good player.

This from Utd fans whos idols include Keane and Cantona is a bit rich.
You can't deny he does this fairly regularly, this isn't some isolated incident of petulant foul for no reason at all. Just seems very odd behavior, his game seems so smooth and then he makes terrible fouls - it's something you'd expect from a douche defender like Pepe

But agree that there should have been a penalty on Valencia although irrelevant to Alli

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You can't deny he does this fairly regularly, this isn't some isolated incident of petulant foul for no reason at all. Just seems very odd behavior, his game seems so smooth and then he makes terrible fouls - it's something you'd expect from a douche defender like Pepe

But agree that there should have been a penalty on Valencia although irrelevant to Alli
He is a wind-up merchant - that foul on Sanchez was all about winding up the player. Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not. Does he deserve to be spoken about as if he is as bad as the likes of Suarez biting people? No. Is he a cocky wee bugger? Yes absolutely. I love him.

haram

He is a wind-up merchant - that foul on Sanchez was all about winding up the player. Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not. Does he deserve to be spoken about as if he is as bad as the likes of Suarez biting people? No. Is he a cocky wee bugger? Yes absolutely. I love him.
It’s not cocky to make disgusting challenges. It didn’t happen yesterday but the kick was for no reason other than just to kick a player. His team were 2-0 up and cruising. Challenge on De Bruyne was shocking. There are more examples as well.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Weird... I spell it cnut.

He's a disgusting player. The whole footballing world was outraged at Pogba's tackle on Bellerin. Yet hardly any talk about this cnut's tackle on De Bruyne (?) and that piece of shit tackle on Sanchez.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

He's a disgusting player. The whole footballing world was outraged at Pogba's tackle on Bellerin. Yet hardly any talk about this cnut's tackle on De Bruyne (?) and that piece of shit tackle on Sanchez.
Lol you lot talk about it nearly every day in here. It was an awful tackle yes, nobody is saying it wasn't. The tackle last night was worth a booking but nothing more. You would have thought he had broken both of Sanchez's legs with some people's reaction.

roonster09

Scout
Lol you lot talk about it nearly every day in here. It was an awful tackle yes, nobody is saying it wasn't. The tackle last night was worth a booking but nothing more. You would have thought he had broken both of Sanchez's legs with some people's reaction.
You call what Alli did as tackle? :lol:

Di Maria's angel

I'm talking about media, pundits etc. Also, the outrage here is that his intentions were not to take the ball. In which case, going in that hard, you're looking to injure the player. LOL all you want. He's a fecking cnut and I don't want to see a piece of shit like him playing the sport. He also tried to break De Bruyne's leg, the cnut.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm talking about media, pundits etc. Also, the outrage here is that his intentions were not to take the ball. In which case, going in that hard, you're looking to injure the player. LOL all you want. He's a fecking cnut and I don't want to see a piece of shit like him playing the sport. He also tried to break De Bruyne's leg, the cnut.
So much salt. I'm going to gather it all up and put it on my chips tonight.

Di Maria's angel

So much salt. I'm going to gather it all up and put it on my chips tonight.
Salt from what? I'm not salty that we lost, you utterly outplayed us.

You know I'm right, so you result to this modern day form of a deflection - "salt".

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Enjoy the satisfaction of one result, everyone knows you don't win trophies though so we will just enjoy that fact.
There was nothing in this discussion about last nights win - nor was there anything about our trophies or lack thereof - we are talking about Alli the player and whether he deserves the vitriol directed at him here. Let's not get distracted by one match.

Thisistheone

Thought him and Eriksen were brilliant last night, in different ways.

Alli's movement is genuinely top class. He was everywhere last night and his desire put the Utd lads in the shade. Also had a nasty streak & courage to always want the ball. If ever the was a Fergie player, Alli is it.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

How ridiculous. He's impetuous sometimes, aggressive, gets wound-up too easily ... but to call him a "disgusting player" is ridiculous.

And nor is it any co-incidence to see a flood of such posts - distractions from the main event - just after United were pretty much played off the park.

roonster09

Scout
There was nothing in this discussion about last nights win - nor was there anything about our trophies or lack thereof - we are talking about Alli the player and whether he deserves the vitriol directed at him here. Let's not get distracted by one match.
Dickhead who tries to break players legs deserves the vitriol directed at him, it's not even up for debate. Spurs fans love him, good for you that doesn't mean you should expect others to like the thug.

Zoo

The excuses made for him will only stop if he screws up in the World Cup.

roonster09

Scout
How ridiculous. He's impetuous sometimes, aggressive, gets wound-up too easily ... but to call him a "disgusting player" is ridiculous.

And nor is it any co-incidence to see a flood of such posts - distractions from the main event - just after United were pretty much played off the park.
He is disgusting player,

Yesterday's performance has nothing to do with it, you want me to post what was said about Alli when he tried to break City's player?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

He cut his teeth in the lower leagues at MK Dons and didn't get the right guidance that he would at a bigger club. He has a nasty streak and a hot head for sure, which he needs to cut out.

Di Maria's angel

Read the fecking thread title. This is the Dele Alli thread. Go to the post match thread to read 1000 posts criticising our performance or the Mourinho assessment thread.