g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Dele Alli - Performance Thread 2017/18

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
lol are we playing this game then?

:houllier: Isn't this Dele Alli's thread? Rooney was called all the names under sun whenever he made cnutish tackle, not like Spurs fans who gives every possible excuse.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Just because Rooney made poor challenges somehow exempts Alli from criticism?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He cut his teeth in the lower leagues at MK Dons and didn't get the right guidance that he would at a bigger club. He has a nasty streak and a hot head for sure, which he needs to cut out.
Cheers for that, I wasn't buying the other attempt at an explanation - this sounds more plausible. I did a quick search on his background and I see perhaps that even tells more of the story about a player with some demons to deal with

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just because Rooney made poor challenges somehow exempts Alli from criticism?
:houllier: Isn't this Dele Alli's thread? Rooney was called all the names under sun whenever he made cnutish tackle, not like Spurs fans who gives every possible excuse.
I have said he has a nasty streak, i am not making excuses for him.

The way people are going on you would think hes the only player to ever act like he does.

roonster09

Scout
I have said he has a nasty streak, i am not making excuses for him.

The way people are going on you would think hes the only player to ever act like he does.
Maybe you think like that because he is Spurs player. He isn't the only player who act like this but this is Alli's thread. So what's your problem?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I hope he doesn't squander that talent because he has so much potential but he wouldn't be the first to succumb to those inner demons.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is essentially Diego Costa. And like Costa, he gets away with murder all the time. If refs weren't useless, he would have spent more time suspended than actually playing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Cheers for that, I wasn't buying the other attempt at an explanation - this sounds more plausible. I did a quick search on his background and I see perhaps that even tells more of the story about a player with some demons to deal with
The kid came from a broken home due to parent's alcoholism and grew up in foster care - he dropped the name Alli from his shirt because of his family situation - he has had a tough upbringing. Having worked for years with kids just like him I have a massive soft spot for the lad.

Thisistheone

How ridiculous. He's impetuous sometimes, aggressive, gets wound-up too easily ... but to call him a "disgusting player" is ridiculous.

And nor is it any co-incidence to see a flood of such posts - distractions from the main event - just after United were pretty much played off the park.
You think we'd never had a player with a short fuse before. Keane, Cantona, Beckham, Rooney, Scholes.... etc etc

I'd love to have Dele Alli at Utd.

raggy

Supports
Spurs
It wasn't even a dangerous tackle, at worst it was cynical but personally I think it was more tactical. Poch had given instructions to shut Alexis down.

I find the whole situation bizarre, sure dig him out when he commits any dirty tackles like the one he did on De Bruyne earlier in the season I was paticularly annoyed about but this one United fans are up in arms about was just a normal yellow card tackle. The reaction to it has been ridiculous.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The kid came from a broken home due to parent's alcoholism and grew up in foster care - he dropped the name Alli from his shirt because of his family situation - he has had a tough upbringing. Having worked for years with kids just like him I have a massive soft spot for the lad.
Yep, understand and feel similarly. See that he also had quite a bit of exposure to some tough neighborhoods/gangs as well. Of course, truly getting the help needed to exercise demons like those aren't often something that can happen in the busy life of a professional footballer. He's only going to be 22 shortly so lots of time to course correct on that, hope he does

tomaldinho1

Lol no he wasn't at the same age, lampard was an increadably late bloomer. Lampard was no where near the level at 21. So u honestly believe what ur saying? If u do look at Lampard in his every early 20s. Stupid comment.
Please read comments before becoming a red mist keyboard warrior. 'Will ever be' being the key part you've completely missed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
By the reaction of the fans, i thought he'd done a two footer or something. He just kicked Sanchez. Should eb a red for sure but hardly anything to write about. He's done way worse before.

Number1

Personally i love the fact he's a cnut/thug whatever you want to call him, footballs missing these types of types of players nowadays, we had one of the biggest cnuts/thugs to ever play in the Premier League (Roy Keane), no seemed to mind that too much.

As a Englishman who gets behind all English players love the fact people hate him for it too, shows he's just a little bit good at football, if he had the footballing talents of Charlie Adam, this thread wouldn't have had 100+ messages in the last 14 hours, so people posting the way they are is probably more to do with the fact Dele Alli ran cycles around United and people need to vent their frustrations so bashing away on their keyboards/phones, even wishing career threatening injury's on him so who's the thugs?

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Personally i love the fact he's a cnut/thug whatever you want to call him, footballs missing these types of types of players nowadays.

As a Englishman who gets behind all English players love the fact people hate him too, shows he's just a little bit good at football, if he had the footballing talents of Charlie Adam, this thread wouldn't have had 100+ messages in the last 14 hours, so people posting the way they are is probably more to do with the fact Dele Alli ran cycles around United and no United player could get near him and people need to vent their frustrations so bashing away on their keyboards/phones, even wishing career threatening injury's on him so who's the thugs?
:lol:

Also tell me why he was called as cnut when to tried to break KdB's leg which had nothing to do with ManUtd.

tomaldinho1

I have no red mist, but your stating something you have absolutely know way of knowing.
It's called an opinion. I'm firmly of the opinion that Alli will not enjoy anywhere near as successful a career as Lampard or ever be considered by the majority of football fans as a better player. You're allowed to disagree, I'm all for hearing your side of the argument but if you begin your defense of a player with the closing line of 'stupid comment' it's not really leaving the door open for debate.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's called an opinion. I'm firmly of the opinion that Alli will not enjoy anywhere near as successful a career as Lampard or ever be considered by the majority of football fans as a better player. You're allowed to disagree, I'm all for hearing your side of the argument but if you begin your defense of a player with the closing line of 'stupid comment' it's not really leaving the door open for debate.
Do you remember Lampard at 21?

Irrational.

That's a bit strong, alli is petulant, and has a niggle but I don't think he intentionally would want to hurt another player. All teams have them.
"Has a niggle" :lol: feck outa here. See below.

He is a cnut whether his team are winning or losing. Because he's England's golden boy he gets away with being a twat a lot. Needs to cut that shit out, but then he'd be half the player. Dembele is another one.

He is disgusting player,

Yesterday's performance has nothing to do with it, you want me to post what was said about Alli when he tried to break City's player?

tomaldinho1

Also using Rooney as a counter argument is naive - you're comparing a very young player to someone who has almost finished their career. Alli's clocking up way to many dangerous tackles in too short a space of time. Sadly, if he keeps on like this it's only a matter of time before someone's career is put in jeopardy.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
"Has a niggle" :lol: feck outa here. See below.

He is a cnut whether his team are winning or losing. Because he's England's golden boy he gets away with being a twat a lot. Needs to cut that shit out, but then he'd be half the player. Dembele is another one.
I could post you pictures of most players having a tackle like that, and I have already said he has a little cnut in him lol, but hes ours.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You think we'd never had a player with a short fuse before. Keane, Cantona, Beckham, Rooney, Scholes.... etc etc

I'd love to have Dele Alli at Utd.
Don’t see with Alli think you are doing Keane Cantona Becks Rooney Scholes and even etc a disservice as Alli is not in any their class and never will be imo as these were special players.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Don’t see with Alli think you are doing Keane Cantona Becks Rooney Scholes and even etc a disservice as Alli is not in any their class and never will be imo as these were special players.
So they are allowed to act like they want, some of Scholes' fouls were horrific :lol:.

Thisistheone

Player ability is a different arguement though. But ok, we even had Alan Smith, Mark Hughes, Neville, Butt and Ince. Players with less ability than Cantona but had a hot head and could put in the odd ugly challenge.

Listened for years from opposition fans, mainly Liverpool, on how Scholes is a disgusting player because of his tackling.

I'd take the likes of Alli with his fighters mentality in our squad and reckon Ferguson would have absolutely loved him.

Oyibo

He is petulant and immature.

The type of thing becks did at France 98 against Argentina.

In the end, he will get found out and targeted for not being disciplined.

Last night he was all over Ashley Young, carrying on the exchange they had at OT.

And disgraceful tackle on Alexis, for what, to be a hero to the Tottenham fans ?

Quite Sad really. Wouldn't last in Spain, so he'd better grow up before he makes a big
move abroad.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Also using Rooney as a counter argument is naive - you're comparing a very young player to someone who has almost finished their career. Alli's clocking up way to many dangerous tackles in too short a space of time. Sadly, if he keeps on like this it's only a matter of time before someone's career is put in jeopardy.
What happened with Alli and Sanchez last night was not a dangerous tackle. He kicked him, that's all. If you ask me, the tackle on Alli by Valencia - which could have (and should have) been given as a penalty - was far more dangerous.

tomaldinho1

What happened with Alli and Sanchez last night was not a dangerous tackle. He kicked him, that's all. If you ask me, the tackle on Alli by Valencia - which could have (and should have) been given as a penalty - was far more dangerous.
Wasn't referring to that, was more the pics of his bad ones above. Kick outs aren't dangerous, just petulant. I agree on the Valencia challenge btw, he got some of the ball but came through the player so should be a foul.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Wish we were as disgusting as them.

A vicious revenge tackle on Alli would have gone down very well with me.
Nah, Ashley Young's attempt to rile Alli up in the reverse fixture was perfect. Nothing dirty, just a simple question asking him how many titles he's won.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Alli was getting praised for this earlier on TalkSport. This is what is wrong with the English game. Tackles like that are so incredibly snidey any player caught doing so should be sent off to cut it out the game. They are grown men.

NecssryEvil

For me, it wasn't so much the tackle itself, it was that smug look on his face when Sanchez got up to confront him. He knew it was a chicken s**t move on his part and he knew there was nothing Sanchez could do about it. Some of you know what I am talking about. He's that guy that will act brave and talk like he is a badass because the police are right by, or your alone and he has his "boyz" around. That look that's says "yeah, I did it, and I know you can't do anything right now so I am going to act like I am a tough guy". I think I saw thug thrown around earlier in the thread, that's too glamorous for him. A thug is someone you need to be wary of and demands a certain amount of respect because of what he has done and what you know he is capable of. This guy is no thug, let me give you some other words to use for him that I think fit pretty nicely: coward, chump, gutless, yellow, spineless, craven... Yeah, that's a much better fit than thug.

Denis79

Very few players in the world I honestly dislike, Alli is one of them. Tries to intentionally hurt others, no class at all despite his skills.