Gaming Destiny 2 • RedCafe Clan in OP

Tiber

Jumped into beyond Light today. Have been out of D2 for a few months but was previously very into the game - much more so than D1. Have done all the raids etc. Though now need to find some new folks to play with.

It really runs like a dream on PS5. It's exactly the same as the PC version, without having to put up with mouse and keyboard.

If anyone else is interested it's 25% off this weekend, so is the season pass. Don't forget you can use shopto vouchers to save even more

Brocky

I need to properly jump into Beyond Light and sort my gear and levels out, but I'd definitely be up for a Nightfall at some point. I've never actually done a raid in the game.
Caf' raids are the best. Had many an awesome time back in the Destiny 1 days.
They just added the Prophecy dungeon back which is only 1050 power level, a 3 person activity and less time consuming than a raid so could be a good option for those jumping back in.
I have no idea what that is but I'm down.

@Anustart89 - Have you kept up with what's worth picking up in terms of weapons & exotics? I'm on the hunt for the new Vision of Confluence but if you know of any must-have gear, please let me know.

Brocky

Jumped into beyond Light today. Have been out of D2 for a few months but was previously very into the game - much more so than D1. Have done all the raids etc. Though now need to find some new folks to play with.

It really runs like a dream on PS5. It's exactly the same as the PC version, without having to put up with mouse and keyboard.

If anyone else is interested it's 25% off this weekend, so is the season pass. Don't forget you can use shopto vouchers to save even more
Add me on PS5 - Brocky36. Would be great to get some of the old squad back. Come on, @afrocentricity, get it bought, you know it makes sense!

Tiber

Add me on PS5 - Brocky36. Would be great to get some of the old squad back. Come on, @afrocentricity, get it bought, you know it makes sense!

Crossplay might help with grouping up - arriving some point in 2021. Though I don't relish console v PC PVP?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49957

Also hyped for proper transmog. Armour 2.0 never quite provided what I was looking for, I have never really loved how my Destiny characters look. Hopefully if they do a good job with it (ie. Just rip off the entire WOW system) this issue will finally be sorted.

Anustart89

Caf' raids are the best. Had many an awesome time back in the Destiny 1 days.

I have no idea what that is but I'm down.

@Anustart89 - Have you kept up with what's worth picking up in terms of weapons & exotics? I'm on the hunt for the new Vision of Confluence but if you know of any must-have gear, please let me know.
Not really since Beyond Light dropped. Which one is the VoC you're referring to? I'm not hunting all the stuff like I used to, play much more casually now.

Tiber

Still catching up with what is new. Being able to buy bounties from the app will cut down on a lot of pointless travel

Brocky

Not really since Beyond Light dropped. Which one is the VoC you're referring to? I'm not hunting all the stuff like I used to, play much more casually now.
Vision was the scout rifle from VoG. I ran with it pretty much all the time after getting it. That and the Mida Multi-Tool.

I do have a bunch of exotics - Suros, Mida, Sturm, Crimson, Sleeper Simulant, Huckleberry, DARCI, Cerberus+1, Ace of Spades, Graviton Lance, Risk Runner, Polaris Lance, Hard Light - but they're 1050 light now and I'm not sure where to start with regards to choosing which ones to pull out of the vault and upgrade. I also have a few Masterwork purples. I used Hazard of the Cast when I was last playing, if I remember correctly. Not a clue where to start, though. I also have a bunch of crap in my inventory that I have no clue what it's for. :lol:

Brocky

What's the deal with the exotic archive next to the vaults in the tower? I see that I can use it to pick up legacy exotics but it's flashing at me as though I need to do something but I can't see what. Is it just trying to get me to spend whatever currency it takes?

Anustart89

Vision was the scout rifle from VoG. I ran with it pretty much all the time after getting it. That and the Mida Multi-Tool.

I do have a bunch of exotics - Suros, Mida, Sturm, Crimson, Sleeper Simulant, Huckleberry, DARCI, Cerberus+1, Ace of Spades, Graviton Lance, Risk Runner, Polaris Lance, Hard Light - but they're 1050 light now and I'm not sure where to start with regards to choosing which ones to pull out of the vault and upgrade. I also have a few Masterwork purples. I used Hazard of the Cast when I was last playing, if I remember correctly. Not a clue where to start, though. I also have a bunch of crap in my inventory that I have no clue what it's for. :lol:
Ah yeah, I know that, but I was wondering which the Destiny 2 equivalent you referred to was.

In terms of exotics I mostly use Witherhoard because it's a fun one. Haven't min-maxed and used meta exotics in the armor slots at all over the past year though so couldn't tell you what the must haves are. If you can get your hands on the Anarchy grenade launcher then that's a great one to go for. Apart from that there's nothing that is must have like Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker used to be so just use what's fun.

I can imagine that it's confusing as feck for a returning player. I'd just do the questlines and then grind powerful gear and pinnacles, so don't forget to pick up bounties (8 from Zavala, Drifter, Shaxx and Banshee) as you do their respective activities. This week is also Iron Banner week which has four bounties for four pinnacle rewards, so I'd grind up to the soft cap at 1200 and then hand those in. Shouldn't take you too long if you just play the IB games since you get 3-4 pieces of equipment per game. Could be a bit of a hassle actually killing people though at low light but just stick with it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
What's the deal with the exotic archive next to the vaults in the tower? I see that I can use it to pick up legacy exotics but it's flashing at me as though I need to do something but I can't see what. Is it just trying to get me to spend whatever currency it takes?
It'll flash all the time you have an Exotic Cypher in your inventory. If you use the Cypher to get a weapon, either from the Monument its self, or from Xur, then it'll stop flashing. Does get annoying though, i'll admit that

Tiber

Finished the story and hit the soft light cap. Beyond Light story was pretty good imo

Currently grinding towards 3 extoics

Tiber

I got Hawkmoon tonight. Cool gun. Interesting quest.

Still working on this sword literally every player in the game seems to be using.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Still working on this sword literally every player in the game seems to be using.
Hawkmoon is great, love the sound it makes when you get the last bullet.

Definitely get the sword, it's the most powerful weapon in the game right now for burst damage! abuse it while you can :D

Brocky

Hawkmoon is great, love the sound it makes when you get the last bullet.

Definitely get the sword, it's the most powerful weapon in the game right now for burst damage! abuse it while you can :D
Used to love Hawkmoon for PvP in D1. Suros Regime was also a go-to.

Tiber

I got Lost Lament tonight. Really fun quest, much more fun than '2000000 gambit bow kills'

Great weapon and my jaw dropped when I read the lore tab.

Speaking of Gambit, I like that it has been cut down to one round. Used to take far too long

Tiber

Herealways Pieces are far too rare. 2 pieces per lost sector, 1 per patrol? Its a huge grind just to buy the missions nevermind finish them

And feck heroic lost sectors :lol: my light is now above 1220, but I cant stay alive. Doubt I will ever hit the recommended 1250 unless I take up raiding again

Is there any point joining the redcafe clan mentioned in the OP? or is it long dead

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Herealways Pieces are far too rare. 2 pieces per lost sector, 1 per patrol? Its a huge grind just to buy the missions nevermind finish them

And feck heroic lost sectors :lol: my light is now above 1220, but I cant stay alive. Doubt I will ever hit the recommended 1250 unless I take up raiding again

Is there any point joining the redcafe clan mentioned in the OP? or is it long dead
If you level up the hunt stuff with Variks they drop for things like stasis kills and precision kills and before you know it you're swimming in them

Brocky

I joined. Looks like there are a few active, so may as well.

For the life of me, I can't figure out the Hawkmoon quest. I have been to see Spider and he just doesn't have the quest for me and I have no idea why. A bit of Googling mentioned something about a lure (?) but I have no clue which of my many quests are related.

Also, I seem to recall that there was a secret quest for a badass exotic sniper rifle that was some kind of timed speed run thing. Is that still doable?

Tiber

For the life of me, I can't figure out the Hawkmoon quest. I have been to see Spider and he just doesn't have the quest for me and I have no idea why. A bit of Googling mentioned something about a lure (?) but I have no clue which of my many quests are related.

Also, I seem to recall that there was a secret quest for a badass exotic sniper rifle that was some kind of timed speed run thing. Is that still doable?
I got Hawkmoon the other day. What is the quest step called that you are on?

Do you mean Whisper of the Worm?

paulscholes18

No, that went alongside IO, same with Outbreak Perfected. They mentioned about bringing quests in to get those weapons

Anustart89

You have to do the Trail of the Hunted quest (or something), it's the one on the moon, big blue marker on the left side. After that, the Hawkmoon quest becomes available I think.

Brocky

I got Hawkmoon the other day. What is the quest step called that you are on?

Do you mean Whisper of the Worm?
I'm not. That's the problem. I can't get the quest from Spider.
No, that went alongside IO, same with Outbreak Perfected. They mentioned about bringing quests in to get those weapons
Oh, really? That sucks. It's supposed to be a good weapon, right?
You have to do the Trail of the Hunted quest (or something), it's the one on the moon, big blue marker on the left side. After that, the Hawkmoon quest becomes available I think.
Cheers, mate. I'm just starting it now.

Brocky

Managed to get the Hawkmoon quest. Cheers, @Anustart89

Got all the feathers and now just need to run in The Crucible for a while to get the exotic. Shame I just missed Iron Banner. Would've been nice to pick up some more decent gear. Though, I'd have likely been smashed by the more geared up folks, I guess.

Tiber

Managed to get the Hawkmoon quest. Cheers, @Anustart89

Got all the feathers and now just need to run in The Crucible for a while to get the exotic. Shame I just missed Iron Banner. Would've been nice to pick up some more decent gear. Though, I'd have likely been smashed by the more geared up folks, I guess.
Crucible is super slow for those kills. Much faster to kill champions, each chmapion is worth a lot more % than a guardian in crucible

Last edited:

Brocky

Crucible is super slow for those kills. Much faster to kill champions, each chmapion is worth a lot more % than a guardian in crucible
Cheers, mate. Having just read up on them, I don't think I have even ever come across one and I am pretty sure I don't have the equipment to kill one yet. I'll look into it, though. If it means not having to grind Crucible, it's a result.

Tiber

Cheers, mate. Having just read up on them, I don't think I have even ever come across one and I am pretty sure I don't have the equipment to kill one yet. I'll look into it, though. If it means not having to grind Crucible, it's a result.
Do the second tier of nightfall. You don't need special equipment, go into the fang of xivu arath (your seasonal artifact) unlock the mods and equip the mods to your arms. It used to have to mod every gun, now it's the arms

Tiber

Joined the Redcafe clan. Not sure if its actually active or not, but will give it a go.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just started playing this with some mates when I noticed it was free on PSN. Firstly, it looks and plays incredible on the PS5. The lighting, particle effects and sound are all next level and it runs so smooth.

Secondly, I don't have a clue what is going on, there's so many quests, bounties etc and I have no idea what I should be keeping, wearing or scrapping as you find so much loot. It's pretty fun though, has to be said.

TrustInJanuzaj

Really enjoying this game but I can now see why the base game is free because everything is locked behind the paid DLCs. So two questions off any Destiny Veterans.

1) Are the DLCs worth the money- specifically referring to Shadowkeep, Forsaken and Beyond Light.
2) Do they ever go on sale as they are £70 for the three!

Adam-Utd

Really enjoying this game but I can now see why the base game is free because everything is locked behind the paid DLCs. So two questions off any Destiny Veterans.

1) Are the DLCs worth the money- specifically referring to Shadowkeep, Forsaken and Beyond Light.
2) Do they ever go on sale as they are £70 for the three!
Worth it if you plan to stick around with the game, probably not if it's just a game you're enjoying for the moment.

2. Yeah they usually do go on sale, not sure if you HAVE to buy Shadowkeeper/Forsaken anymore, but beyond light is the newest/most relevant.

The new season (13) is about to start in about 2 weeks, so now would be a good time to get it if you're enjoying it. Beyond light will give you the new statis subclasses which are really fun to play with, but OP as hell in the crucible (pvp)

TrustInJanuzaj

Worth it if you plan to stick around with the game, probably not if it's just a game you're enjoying for the moment.

2. Yeah they usually do go on sale, not sure if you HAVE to buy Shadowkeeper/Forsaken anymore, but beyond light is the newest/most relevant.

The new season (13) is about to start in about 2 weeks, so now would be a good time to get it if you're enjoying it. Beyond light will give you the new statis subclasses which are really fun to play with, but OP as hell in the crucible (pvp)
Thanks for the response. Yeh I noticed that the statis seems to be the meta. I get constantly frozen by those abilities which seems hard to counter. I might stick with the game another week on the free version, If I’m still enjoying it after than maybe I’ll pick up the DLC

Adam-Utd

Thanks for the response. Yeh I noticed that the statis seems to be the meta. I get constantly frozen by those abilities which seems hard to counter. I might stick with the game another week on the free version, If I’m still enjoying it after than maybe I’ll pick up the DLC
All the "good stuff" is locked behind the paywall as you say, so if you enjoy the base game you'll definitely enjoy the extra stuff the game brings.

If you can pick it up cheap enough then i'd say go for it; Stasis as you say is the meta right now, and will be for the considerable future.

seems to be fairly cheap here https://www.gamecards.net/product/d...MI_K2hg8rB7gIVydPtCh22CwKeEAQYBSABEgIfsfD_BwE

Tiber

Patching this into the game asap should be Bungie's number one priority

Adam-Utd

Had a good chuckle at that, must be great to be an actual fan of the game + play one of the star roles. I bet he sits there doing this sort of stuff all the time :lol:

Imagine being in a raid and Zavala is sitting there giving you orders?

Tiber

Had a good chuckle at that, must be great to be an actual fan of the game + play one of the star roles. I bet he sits there doing this sort of stuff all the time :lol:

Imagine being in a raid and Zavala is sitting there giving you orders?
He has posted a load of videos of the game over the years

Lennie James on the other hand (who I was shocked to learn voices Shaxx) isn't interested in gaming at all and admitted that generally has no idea what his lines are about :lol:

Tiber

Very fond of the lamp I got for my birthday yesterday. I never knew that my life was missing an engram lamp, but it absolutely was.