Gaming Destiny 2 • RedCafe Clan in OP

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
You can vote up to 4 different options if you want. With there not being that many people in clan 1 vote per person didn't look like it was going to bring a consensus so upped it to 4.
Right, added my extra couple of vote options.

The Bloody-Nine

When are the reviews for this supposed to be up? I know there's a heavy online aspect which will delay a lot of them, but there should be some early impressions relatively soon.

Hal9000

Been tempted to get this, never played the original Destiny. Is it like The Division where if you don't sink time into it you will be left behind and needs a group to play with?

evil_geko

It is like Destiny 1.2 tbh, lazy sequel, that free MMO Warframe with upcoming open world expansion will probably be a better choice even, will skip this.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Warframe is incredible for what it is, I've got hundreds of hours in it and have ranked virtually every item up in it.

HOWEVER, it's not come close to giving me the enjoyment I've had running the raids with the lads here, even when we were fecking shite at it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Next poll up for the background detail (again, you can pick up to 4 options).

There were 38 options originally but with caf poll having limit of 26 I had to cut the 12 worst out (not missing a great deal). Poll will close at midnight then the final poll will be about colour scheme for everything (if anyone has any suggestions for colours, feel free to say).

Damien

Staff
Been tempted to get this, never played the original Destiny. Is it like The Division where if you don't sink time into it you will be left behind and needs a group to play with?
Need group for end game activities like the raid (there is in game matchmaking as well as stuff online) but you won't be left behind that much if you don't sink loads of time into it.
It is like Destiny 1.2 tbh, lazy sequel, that free MMO Warframe with upcoming open world expansion will probably be a better choice even, will skip this.
It seems a shame they've not gone all-out (especially seeing the Anthem trailer - though like with The Division and No Mans Sky, the final game will probably be a huge downgrade from the trailer) but the experience alone on Destiny is worthwhile for me. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but going into a raid blind like we did and completing it ourselves was fantastic. Spent so long on Vault of Glass the first time.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Is this any good? What's multiplayer like? Kind of thinking about getting a new game.
The new multiplayer competitive mode was really fun. It's a little similar to Search and Destroy on Call of Duty if you've ever played that.

Adam-Utd

Need group for end game activities like the raid (there is in game matchmaking as well as stuff online) but you won't be left behind that much if you don't sink loads of time into it.

It seems a shame they've not gone all-out (especially seeing the Anthem trailer - though like with The Division and No Mans Sky, the final game will probably be a huge downgrade from the trailer) but the experience alone on Destiny is worthwhile for me. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but going into a raid blind like we did and completing it ourselves was fantastic. Spent so long on Vault of Glass the first time.
:drool: The first time we managed to push Atheon off was a proper buzz :lol: Like you say part of the fun is figuring out the puzzles, once it's all on youtube it's not quite the same.

Yes i'm back too BTW, just sent my request.

Last edited:

Damien

Staff
:drool: The first time we managed to push Atheon off was a proper buzz :lol: Like you say part of the fun is figuring out the puzzles, once it's all on youtube it's not quite the same.

Yes i'm back too BTW, just sent my request.
Brilliant!

Nice, we should have enough people now for 2/close to 2 raid teams

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Getting quite hyped for this now, been playing Destiny 1 over the weekend just to shake my shooting rustiness off. I'm gonna have to try and get more involved in the Raids this time round, seems that's where the real memorable gaming moments are at....apart from loot glitch caves :D

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
@Damien I've been Recruiting hard, got marksy and red on board, also maybe Levo but most of us are meh on Levo.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Nice one! It should be the kind of thing they'll like. No idea how confusing it'll be to new players but we'll find out in a few days anyway.
Its been a long time since I've played but it will be good. With the amount we have finding people to play regularly with should be no problem. What's the best way to start adding psn etc something on first page with everyones tag?

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Its been a long time since I've played but it will be good. With the amount we have finding people to play regularly with should be no problem. What's the best way to start adding psn etc something on first page with everyones tag?
There will be a clan roster now ingame.

Damien

Staff
There will be a clan roster now ingame.
Yep. I'll still add a list to OP though

I'll do that now.

Caf ID - PSN (for those who've specifically said they're getting D2 and are in clan)
Adam-Utd - Adam_Glanza
Archie Leach - tesmith89
ArmandTamzarian - Monkey_Plunkett
Big-Red - BPK27
christy87 - kingcoc1
Damien - Damien1990UK
Dargonk - Dargonkk
Ducklegs - atpbx
Marksy7 - Marksy7
neelu91 - Neelu91
paulscholes18 - dlucas91
Randall Flagg - gbotgogo
Razvan - razvanbeldescu
Richter - stefcv
space - doomham
Tekkers - InsaneTekkers
TheSamulator - TheSkeldinator
Wedge - Wedge_The_Pato

If there's anyone I've missed out, let me know. Also, any new players to Destiny feel free to say if you want and I can put your name in blue so people know you might need help.

Damien

Staff
18 is pretty good. Taking into account different timezones and stuff there should be enough for 2 raid teams of 6 each when the time comes - or close to. Archie Leach and Dargs get the bum end of the deal being in Aus, but with the matchmaking as well as some people being around during the day our time/evening their time, things probably won't be that bad. Maybe.

Any newbies who want to join, feel free to send me a pm.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
18 is pretty good. Taking into account different timezones and stuff there should be enough for 2 raid teams of 6 each when the time comes - or close to. Archie Leach and Dargs get the bum end of the deal being in Aus, but with the matchmaking as well as some people being around during the day our time/evening their time, things probably won't be that bad. Maybe.

Any newbies who want to join, feel free to send me a pm.
I'll add everyone to my psn and will set up a chat on ps4 as another convo place. Be easier sorting raids etc. Will do tomorrow evening hopefully.

Damien

Staff
I'll add everyone to my psn and will set up a chat on ps4 as another convo place. Be easier sorting raids etc. Will do tomorrow evening hopefully.
Nice idea. Raid won't be out for a week or 2 I don't think which should give people enough time to level up/get familiar with the game if they're new.

If anyone has any special circumstances regarding mics such as if they have a baby/small child and can't talk loudly/might need to go afk at points, let us know as I know there was at least 1 person with a baby during D1 and that wasn't an issue at all.

If there's anyone who doesn't use a mic, let us know too. Sounds strange in a co-op game but I've been a lovable mute since the start of D1 and haven't had that many issues in raids as @Ducklegs and @Adam-Utd amongst others will be able to confirm. As long as you're a good listener, things tend to be fine with most people communicating.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
If there's anyone who doesn't use a mic, let us know too. Sounds strange in a co-op game but I've been a lovable mute since the start of D1 and haven't had that many issues in raids as @Ducklegs and @Adam-Utd amongst others will be able to confirm. As long as you're a good listener, things tend to be fine with most people communicating.
Debatable on you not having to many issues in raids. Sure the mic never was an issue, but those jumping puzzles and any form of ledge... :lol:

Ducklegs

I am back on the afternoon on the 12th, means I'm going to have to do some powah leveling to be ready for a raid in one day.

My body is ready.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
So, was there anyone else like me who assumed this was a worldwide Tuesday launch like all the other big games and went to play at midnight only to be greeted with the counter at 24hrs....:nervous: :lol:

Marksy7

Nice one! It should be the kind of thing they'll like. No idea how confusing it'll be to new players but we'll find out in a few days anyway.
Destiny was great in a group but got boring when having to go alone