Gaming Destiny 2 • RedCafe Clan in OP

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Almost level 12. Gonna take a break now but dont want to logout cause when i get back it will be US launch :o

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I've been enjoying it so far. It really is just a more of the same in terms of Destiny 1

Kostur

海尔的老板
How's the game lads, I'm contemplating buying it, never played Destiny 1 and a bit shit on the budget but this looks fun.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
What a fantastic first 40 mins or so that was! There's already more story and character motivations explained than in the entirety of the original game. Had to head off to bed though once I reached The Farm as I want to make some adjustments to my character so will just do the start again today.

Painer

Yea the start was fantastic!

I stayed up far later than I should. Started a new Titan and got to around level 8. Did the first set of story missions then just went around looting the EDZ. Stumbled upon a cave with a recommended power of 160, must've spent a good hour and a half picking away with my 60 odd power titan at the time but picked up some tasty loot from the crate once I'd got the key off the boss.

Definitely up for co-op missions tonight or just looting/exploring if anyone fancies tonight?

The Bloody-Nine

I expect mine will arrive today. Trouble is, I'm just starting chapter 3 in Yakuza Zero. Is Destiny the kind of game you can dip in and out of or is there a risk that you'll be 'left behind' so to speak?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Well I have it preordered and joined a clan with the US lot from GAF but would much prefer to run round on it with people from here.
Well I would be up for it I guess, just gotta see how the PC at my flat copes with the requirements (should be ok though) and maybe we can get something kicking.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I expect mine will arrive today. Trouble is, I'm just starting chapter 3 in Yakuza Zero. Is Destiny the kind of game you can dip in and out of or is there a risk that you'll be 'left behind' so to speak?
You will need to reach a certain level to do the harder levels, so there's a chance you won't be ready/strong enough once they're released. Once you reach the cap though it's easier to just dip in and out.

I would personally concentrate on destiny first and get your level/guns/armour high, then take a break once you're suitably high.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You will need to reach a certain level to do the harder levels, so there's a chance you won't be ready/strong enough once they're released. Once you reach the cap though it's easier to just dip in and out.

I would personally concentrate on destiny first and get your level/guns/armour high, then take a break once you're suitably high.
Plus there's an NPC that arrives somewhere on Fridays and sells the best gear. On D1 he sold what was the best weapon at the time in week 1 or 2 but not that many got it due to it being a rocket launcher so thought it wouldn't be that useful.

Similar thing probably won't happen this time but you never know.

The Bloody-Nine

Cool, thanks. I'll probably do that then.

Is the required level made clear at the beginning of the game?

El General 1994

Is it me or the graphics much better than Destiny 1? Is this due to:

a) not being held back by previous generation
b) developers being more experienced with PS4 architecture
c) the fact that I'm playing on a PS4 Pro

El General 1994

Plus there's an NPC that arrives somewhere on Fridays and sells the best gear. On D1 he sold what was the best weapon at the time in week 1 or 2 but not that many got it due to it being a rocket launcher so thought it wouldn't be that useful.

Similar thing probably won't happen this time but you never know.
Gjallarhorn :drool:

paulscholes18

they made the spinning turbines easier in the homecoming mission, the amount of times they killed me in the beta was a joke

Smores

How big was the initial download etc? Got the missus to stick the disc in so im hoping it'll be installed when i get back

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
How big was the initial download etc? Got the missus to stick the disc in so im hoping it'll be installed when i get back
6 GB on PS4.

I am loving this right now, this is magnitudes better than D1. The amount of stuff to do is insane!

SteveTheRed

Keep seeing this thread pop up. Feck it, might order it now.

Really enjoyed Destiny 1, played it solid with a 2-3 friends the first couple of months but then just gave up.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Warframe is incredible for what it is, I've got hundreds of hours in it and have ranked virtually every item up in it.

HOWEVER, it's not come close to giving me the enjoyment I've had running the raids with the lads here, even when we were fecking shite at it.
You getting it then?

@Brocky ?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I suddenly have the urge to buy this and don't know why. Also, have the players characters from D1 carried over so they're already high levels?