Gaming Destiny 2 • RedCafe Clan in OP

redom

So the first dlc from the seasonal pass dropped today, there was hardly any info about what it was going to include so I held off getting it and looking at the early reactions it seems people aren't too impressed so I might wait and see with this one. Anyone on here got it and what's your initial impression?

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
only played destiny 1 until about level 30? 2 is now free on PC, do you think its worth joining or is everyone already geared etc.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
only played destiny 1 until about level 30? 2 is now free on PC, do you think its worth joining or is everyone already geared etc.
You may as well download if free - think it is only for a limited time and is base game so you can 'only' get up to around 300(?) light I think, then you can make your own decision whether to get expansion or not but you can still do the first raid and stuff for free. Kind of game that doesn't matter if people are geared - there is a cap so you can reach it eventually and not be way behind as there are probably thousands in the same boat.

So the first dlc from the seasonal pass dropped today, there was hardly any info about what it was going to include so I held off getting it and looking at the early reactions it seems people aren't too impressed so I might wait and see with this one. Anyone on here got it and what's your initial impression?
Done most of the initial quest but can't say much as once you get to the forge bit, you're underleveled as the power level goes up to 630. They should have increased the cap to 650 last week to give people some time to get up. Instead, plenty of people are trying it, doing crap as they're not high enough and complaining as a result.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I got it, it seems too early for anybody right now to tell TBH.

The first new forge starts at power level 615 and goes up to 630, so hardly anybody have completed it.

I think many are frustrated that they expected to be able to complete it straight away without any grinding involved.

Once you get a few higher LL drops i'm sure it won't be too difficult. The LL cap is raised even without buying the DLC, so maybe wait a week or 2 and see what happens.

redom

Done most of the initial quest but can't say much as once you get to the forge bit, you're underleveled as the power level goes up to 630. They should have increased the cap to 650 last week to give people some time to get up. Instead, plenty of people are trying it, doing crap as they're not high enough and complaining as a result.
I got it, it seems too early for anybody right now to tell TBH.

The first new forge starts at power level 615 and goes up to 630, so hardly anybody have completed it.

I think many are frustrated that they expected to be able to complete it straight away without any grinding involved.

Once you get a few higher LL drops i'm sure it won't be too difficult. The LL cap is raised even without buying the DLC, so maybe wait a week or 2 and see what happens.
The LL thing seems to be a common complaint, making people grind right off the bat to be able to play the new game mode when there's no real story or additional content to get them there is a strange decision.

I'm also disappointed about how little the loot pool seems to have been expanded, the biggest weakness of Forsaken was that it had to leave behind the Y1 gear because of the changes to perks so the viable loot pool shrank, to not use a dlc called Black Armory to really boost those numbers seems daft. Having said that maybe a lot of it's time gated and it will introduce more new armour and weapons eventually, in the end I'll probably get it but it seems a poor follow up to such a strong start to Y2 with Forsaken.

Adam-Utd

The LL thing seems to be a common complaint, making people grind right off the bat to be able to play the new game mode when there's no real story or additional content to get them there is a strange decision.

I'm also disappointed about how little the loot pool seems to have been expanded, the biggest weakness of Forsaken was that it had to leave behind the Y1 gear because of the changes to perks so the viable loot pool shrank, to not use a dlc called Black Armory to really boost those numbers seems daft. Having said that maybe a lot of it's time gated and it will introduce more new armour and weapons eventually, in the end I'll probably get it but it seems a poor follow up to such a strong start to Y2 with Forsaken.
I feel this is probably the case, we know for sure we are getting "forge armour" as it's shown in the trailer, but yeah not having different style armour for crucible/vanguard is a bit lazy.

Yeah I hope it's just a slow start with things that'll bleed out eventually like the dreaming city. When the new raid drops that'll stop people moaning too.

Damien

Staff
@redom @Adam-Utd I might not be able to get on tonight, so if you're both around and able to do Shattered Throne, do so without me... you should be fine.

Don't know if it is possible as I had some issues earlier trying to get the tokens with @paulscholes18 because he didn't have access to the mission but if either of you are able to help me with killing the three powerful taken at some point that'd be much appreciated. Tried it solo, quickly ran out of heavy ammo then got blasted by the ogre repeatedly so gave up.

redom

@redom @Adam-Utd I might not be able to get on tonight, so if you're both around and able to do Shattered Throne, do so without me... you should be fine.

Don't know if it is possible as I had some issues earlier trying to get the tokens with @paulscholes18 because he didn't have access to the mission but if either of you are able to help me with killing the three powerful taken at some point that'd be much appreciated. Tried it solo, quickly ran out of heavy ammo then got blasted by the ogre repeatedly so gave up.
I thought I was going to be on earlier but ended up going to the cinema, sorry. Adam already has Wish ender so we'll probably just wait for the next full curse week to run it. If that mission is still available after weekly reset then I'll help running it and I'm sure Adam will too if he's on, don't think it'll be an issue as Adam ran it with me after he'd already got the bow.

Damien

Staff
I thought I was going to be on earlier but ended up going to the cinema, sorry. Adam already has Wish ender so we'll probably just wait for the next full curse week to run it. If that mission is still available after weekly reset then I'll help running it and I'm sure Adam will too if he's on, don't think it'll be an issue as Adam ran it with me after he'd already got the bow.
Awesome. I think it should be available so thanks in advance.

The dungeon looks so confusing so will probably watch a video a few times before the next full curse week so I can understand it a bit more/where to put the tokens for when we next do it.

Bojan11

Bungie is hosting a Destiny 2 stream today at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern to reveal the next expansion and their plans for the game going forward, but Engadget accidentally put their news article up early. I don't want to just copy and paste the whole article, so here's a summary:

• The core game will be renamed to Destiny 2: New Light
  • Once Shadowkeep launches on September 17th, the base game will go free-to-play and include "all year one content, including "foundational modes, activities and rewards."" So you'll be able to play the base game, as well as the content added as part of the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions, for free
  • "This represents a change for the Destiny franchise as it seeks to lure gamers away from popular free titles like Fortnite. Previously, players paid upfront for the game and bought big expansions to gain access to new raids, missions and in-game items, either separately or as an annual pass subscription. Now, the core game will stay free, while additional content will be made available in the form of paid "à la carte" offerings like Shadowkeep."
  • Going forward, no more content will be made exclusive to one platform over others. All platforms will have the same access to all new content at the same time
  • Cross-save will be added for Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. No PS4 support for now
  • Soon, the game will move from Battle.net to Steam on PC. Existing Battle.net players will be able to migrate all characters and purchases over to the Steam version once this happens
Another leak taken from Reddit. They going free to play. Not sure it will help though.

The leaks are flying in today.

NotQuiteManc

New D2 player here. It seems it is not as active, but hope someone could help me.

I only have base D2 game, as it was free for PSplus months ago now. For the expansions, DLCs, in order to have all the expansions, should I wait for Shadowkeep, or should I buy Forsaken too? I am kind of hoping Shadowkeep will have new contents plus all the previous DLC.

Adam-Utd

New D2 player here. It seems it is not as active, but hope someone could help me.

I only have base D2 game, as it was free for PSplus months ago now. For the expansions, DLCs, in order to have all the expansions, should I wait for Shadowkeep, or should I buy Forsaken too? I am kind of hoping Shadowkeep will have new contents plus all the previous DLC.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/destiny-2-will-move-to-steam-go-free-to-play/

Seems as though it's worth waiting. Only 3 weeks or so.

The clan is a little dead these days but there's a regular 3-5 of us that play.

Adam-Utd

https://mobile.twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1169331957647302656

Please help me clarify this one.

If I buy just the basic Forsaken now, and not the complete edition, I would get the things included in the complete edition on the 17th? So, if the value is better on buying basic, and get everything for free within next few days, I think I might just do that.
If you buy it now it'll be £20, if you wait for Shadowkeep you get it all for free, and only have to pay for the shadowkeep stuff.

Jut depends whether you'll play enough to warrant £20 now and play the older content, or skip straight to shadowkeep.

At shadowkeep you'll automatically be 750 power level.

NotQuiteManc

I still have to buy basic Forsaken edition to have all the annual pass (bar new Shadowkeep stuff) for free right, on the 17th?

FYI, I played D1 really late, and bought the Complete Taken King Edition when it was on sale to get all of the stuff in D1. My intention is something like that, but I guess that is still a long way to go as Shadowkeep doesn't include all the other stuff, right?

Adam-Utd

I still have to buy basic Forsaken edition to have all the annual pass (bar new Shadowkeep stuff) for free right, on the 17th?

FYI, I played D1 really late, and bought the Complete Taken King Edition when it was on sale to get all of the stuff in D1. My intention is something like that, but I guess that is still a long way to go as Shadowkeep doesn't include all the other stuff, right?
It's all a little confusing but according to this

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/1...ent-free-to-play-raid-crucible-gambit-strikes

It seems yes you do need to buy it separately.

NotQuiteManc

It's all a little confusing but according to this

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/1...ent-free-to-play-raid-crucible-gambit-strikes

It seems yes you do need to buy it separately.
Yeah, a little confusing. To be fair, I remember there were like 3 or 4 different editions of Forsaken which include different stuff for each one of them. Now, in PS Store which I just checked, there is only one edition and that is the Complete Edition, as I didn't purchase any of the previous Forsaken edition before. So, around 40 dollars if anyone want to experience Destiny 2, up to latest Season before Shadowkeep.

Although for totally new players, the New Light seems like a pretty good deal overall.

Castia

I haven’t played since D2 launched but I’ve pre ordered Shadowkeep and I’m pretty hyped.

Looking forward to jumping back in, I’ve been watching a lot of videos to catch up with the games features, the new f2p system should be massive for the game.

Adam-Utd

Me and @redom still play pretty regularly in the clan so it’ll be good to get some of you back with us.

hopefully the changes they’re making will be a positive step.

paulscholes18

I haven’t played since D2 launched but I’ve pre ordered Shadowkeep and I’m pretty hyped.

Looking forward to jumping back in, I’ve been watching a lot of videos to catch up with the games features, the new f2p system should be massive for the game.
Rey good thing for returning players is all your gear gets bumped up to the current max power of 750, so you don’t have to spend hours grinding to get to play shadowkeep content

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Got a new LG tv and I’m struggling to fix the settings for HDR for this game, the settings that make fifa and the Witcher look great are just too dark for destiny and the destiny in game brightness sliders are a joke, the HDR sliders do nothing for me

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anyone wanna help me out with the shadowkeep campaign? Don't have any gamer friends to play with. Playing on PS4.

Brocky

Saw in the PS5 thread that a few people have picked this up and are playing again, myself included. The DLC is currently on sale and can be made even cheaper with a Shop-To voucher. Anyone want to see if we can get a squad together for a raid or at least some Nightfall runs?

Anustart89

Saw in the PS5 thread that a few people have picked this up and are playing again, myself included. The DLC is currently on sale and can be made even cheaper with a Shop-To voucher. Anyone want to see if we can get a squad together for a raid or at least some Nightfall runs?
I'm definitely down. Haven't tried it since the PS5 update. It's a slog to get high enough power to be able to do nightfalls though, but I suppose we could give it a crack. Think my highest character is 1210 or something like that.

Not sure when I'll be able to get any extended time in though, absolutely shattered from work and between that and the newborn there's not a ton of time to play.

Brocky

I'm definitely down. Haven't tried it since the PS5 update. It's a slog to get high enough power to be able to do nightfalls though, but I suppose we could give it a crack. Think my highest character is 1210 or something like that.

Not sure when I'll be able to get any extended time in though, absolutely shattered from work and between that and the newborn there's not a ton of time to play.
My Hunter just hit 1180. I'm running through the Shadowkeep content and then I'll do Beyond Light. There's also a quest to get Hawkmoon as well, I believe, so I'll do that once my level is up. Just going to focus on my Hunter for the time being.

littlepeasoup

I need to properly jump into Beyond Light and sort my gear and levels out, but I'd definitely be up for a Nightfall at some point. I've never actually done a raid in the game.

redom

They just added the Prophecy dungeon back which is only 1050 power level, a 3 person activity and less time consuming than a raid so could be a good option for those jumping back in.