Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
New trailer so thought I'd get a thread started up..
--------------------------------------------------
Destiny

(Click for more screenshots/videos)

Destiny is an upcoming action role-playing first-person shooter video game in a "mythic science fiction" open world setting. It is developed by Bungie (original Halo developers) and published by Activision as part of a ten-year publishing deal. The game will be released on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

(original trailer)

(behind the scenes/gameplay footage)

(E3 gameplay demo)

(new trailer!)
Releases later this year, with a beta set for 'summer'.

Last edited:

Alock1

If anybody is interested, retailers (find them on bungie.net) are sending out beta codes with pre-order of the game. You can then activate the code on Bungie.net to guarantee your place in the beta.

At retailers like Amazon, you can pre-order, use code, then cancel the pre-order straight away without risking any money.

Once you've signed up for the beta, go to the below page (same page you activate BETA code) and copy/paste over the following codes.

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive, Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
Caval: 69X-DJN-74V
Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex: 6A9-DTG-YGN

These codes were given out on 'playing' cards by Bungie at press conferences over the Summer - they work just fine and will unlock stuff when the game comes out.

Last edited:

Alock1

You guys suck!!! One day this thread will be heaving.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Doesn't excite me to be honest. It's also quite online based isn't it?

Bebe

Definitely one of my most anticipated next gen titles along with WatchDogs and inFamous Second Son.

Alock1

Anybody bothered using those codes I posted?
There's some more if anybody actually cares.

Castia

Can't believe it's not coming to PC. This is the only game so far that's making me want a next gen console it's going to be great.

Lance Uppercut

It looks like Halo to me. Never cared for that game.

Nice visuals, I wonder how it will all come together. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Alock1

Updated post 2 with all the unlockable codes. I doubt anyones done it or cares to do it, but just incase. New info/videos in 2 hours :)

Screw afro, he can have a thread to himself.

Lance Uppercut

I watched all of the vid but I must be missing something. It just looks like a bog standard FPS to me.

Lance Uppercut

From CVG

There's still much to be seen - multiplayer and plot delivery in particular - but based on what we have experienced, this absolutely could be the game-changer Bungie is aiming for.
I hope they experienced a lot more than that video.

Alock1

I watched all of the vid but I must be missing something. It just looks like a bog standard FPS to me.
We've not seen much of it yet. There's going to be live random events where something will happen in your game and suddenly you're fighting an enemy with 8 other people. There are vehicles which we haven't yet seen, we haven't seen any of the online multiplayer yet. In terms of pure gameplay it'll be similar to Halo mechanics with extra powers, but there will be far more RPG elements so you can customize your look, weapons, skills, vehicle during campaign/co-op/multiplayer.

It's bound to have great music as they kept on the composer from Halo.

Take a snippet of most of the best games and you won't see anything particularly special - TLOU, GTA, Mass Effect. It's the package that the gameplay is delivered in that can make it special.

Alock1

And sacked him about a week ago. :lol:
No I know that, which is a massive shame, but they've said all the music is done for it so I guess that's the main thing.

Halo had fantastic music.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't know what you want. Do you realise how long it takes to make a game?
People to stop raving about games till they're actually close! I keep thinking "I'll pick this up soon then" then see the release date! Frustrating.

It takes about 7 days to make a game right?

I'm sure watch dogs will keep me occupied for a while, well I hope so. Also heard driveclub is supposedly getting a release date announcement in the bext couple weeks. Don't expect that here till around September either though.

Lance Uppercut

People to stop raving about games till they're actually close! I keep thinking "I'll pick this up soon then" then see the release date! Frustrating.

It takes about 7 days to make a game right?

I'm sure watch dogs will keep me occupied for a while, well I hope so. Also heard driveclub is supposedly getting a release date announcement in the bext couple weeks. Don't expect that here till around September either though.
Get Rayman Legends from Amazon. 20 quid.

Alock1

I reckon Drive Club will be out on/around E3 week (mid June basically).

Alock1

Apparently it's 3 player teams for both co-op and multiplayer.

Interesting.. Seems strange for this game to only have teams of 3. If true, I wonder if afro will be disappointed like he was when the 6v6+ai titanfall bomb dropped. Still, two of my favourite multiplayer games are Gears of War (4v4) and Splinter Cell (2v2) so if the numbers suit the gameplay then that's fine by me.

As Parsons explained to me, players are free to tackle the campaign alone or with two friends. Every mode is played with groups of threes, incidentally – even adversarial multiplayer – as Bungie feels it offers the best balance for the three available classes. Each mission contains both private and public spaces, meaning some areas are dedicated solely to your three-man team, while other areas will be filled with additional players.
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/28/video-preview-destiny-wears-its-halo-with-pride/

Perhaps it's referring to squads, like in Battlefield. It doesn't seem like a game which would suit 3 man teams. Though I guess it could be more than two teams of 3, to increase the numbers.

Last edited:

JackXX

I am quite excited for this game. You can see the Halo influences but hopefully it will play a lot differently. To me it kind of looks like Halo crossed with Mass Effect.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Apparently it's 3 player teams for both co-op and multiplayer.

Interesting.. Seems strange for this game to only have teams of 3. If true, I wonder if afro will be disappointed like he was when the 6v6+ai titanfall bomb dropped. Still, two of my favourite multiplayer games are Gears of War (4v4) and Splinter Cell (2v2) so if the numbers suit the gameplay then that's fine by me.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/28/video-preview-destiny-wears-its-halo-with-pride/

Perhaps it's referring to squads, like in Battlefield. It doesn't seem like a game which would suit 3 man teams. Though I guess it could be more than two teams of 3, to increase the numbers.
Well I've got billions of friends now! Argh! :(

Alock1

By the way, the gameplay is a 'strike zone' so essentially it's a dungeon rather than some of the campaign.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I already new it was 3 man teams, there will be other players depending on the content a far as I know...

Sent using Tapatalk

Alock1

I already new it was 3 man teams, there will be other players depending on the content a far as I know...

Sent using Tapatalk
You knew it was 3 man teams for online multiplayer?