Gaming Destiny | Rise of Iron launch

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does it matter what level you play the level at as in normal, hard, impossible etc?
It depends what you're trying to get, if you're trying to level up through farming then playing on normal is fine.

Browniee

It depends what you're trying to get, if you're trying to level up through farming then playing on normal is fine.
I'm just under level 23. Need blue engrams. do I need to be Vanguard rank 2 to start receiving legendary drops in game?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm just under level 23. Need blue engrams. do I need to be Vanguard rank 2 to start receiving legendary drops in game?
Nope. I'm rank one and have got three legendary drops in game. Two turned into legendary weapons while the other turned into a crap bluey.

Right, coming online now. If anyone wants to have a go at the weekly strike in which you get three strange coins, invite me to your fireteam when I'm online. PSN: Damien1990UK

Need 3 as it's pointless to do it with two. If you've not got me on PSN, add me but say your caf name in the friend request and I'll accept.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Yeah I'm doing the one for Invective Shotgun "A dubious task"

What dont you understand?
That's the one I'm doing as well. I looked online and one of the tasks for it is to get a 25 K/D in the crucible. How is that even possible?

Ekeke

That's the one I'm doing as well. I looked online and one of the tasks for it is to get a 25 K/D in the crucible. How is that even possible?
Its supposed to be an average over a couple of games. So over maybe 3 games you want to have a ratio of 25 more kills than deaths

I dunno how its going to be, I'm levelling up the new titan helmet once to help in the crucible before I start that part.

Chances are I could get stuck there because I'm not the best pvper, im better when I have time to aim in PVE. Not instant death. But the shotgun suits the close quarters style of a titan so thats why i took on the challenge

The first part, doing 5 strikes without dying you dont need to do them in a row which is handy.

Cina

well that was underwhelming, spent 15 minutes finding it and there were around four other people there doing the same thing, got maybe 3 rounds of kills in before they spawned up top and had to go kill them before starting again.

In 20 minutes of rinse and repeat I got a grand total of 1 green Helmet. Woohoo!

The loot system of endgame is really shitty in the game, says a lot about it when people seem to just farm for endless hours instead of doing the content. And the fecking content they set for you to do is too hard to do when you first hit 20.

I enjoyed the game til a point but they cocked up too many aspects of it for it to retain my interest now.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Its supposed to be an average over a couple of games. So over maybe 3 games you want to have a ratio of 25 more kills than deaths

I dunno how its going to be, I'm levelling up the new titan helmet once to help in the crucible before I start that part.

Chances are I could get stuck there because I'm not the best pvper, im better when I have time to aim in PVE. Not instant death. But the shotgun suits the close quarters style of a titan so thats why i took on the challenge

The first part, doing 5 strikes without dying you dont need to do them in a row which is handy.
I'm pretty crap at PVP myself, so I'm not sure that I can pull it off. I'll gave it a go though, it at least seems feasible now. I want that shotgun :D

afrocentricity

Yea I'm writing this weekly off... that fcuker at the end is a nightmare at the best of times, let alone on heroic...

Ekeke

I'm pretty crap at PVP myself, so I'm not sure that I can pull it off. I'll gave it a go though, it at least seems feasible now. I want that shotgun :D
Its making me want to kill myself.

I was doing moderately okay in crucible yesterday doing the bounties, nothing particularly good but always top 2 or 3 on my team scorecard. Still couldnt get more than 1 sniper headsot for the bounty though.

Today I'm dying left, right and center always in less than a second and literally making 0 progress on the bar. Get a kill? Someone supers just for you. Someone is in a vehicle I cant hit with my weapons. Trying to play defensively so I dont die and put my ratio negative for the exotic bounty? someone is camping the spawn

So frustrating. Maybe its partly because I'm aware of having to not die, but still. There are so many ways to die before you even get a shot off that I often forget I'm playing the tankiest class.

Edit - I tell a lie, I have "1 of 25 completed". I've managed a positive score of 1 from about 5 pvp matches. FML

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I know what you mean about the vehicles, I don't like the big maps. Even when I'm getting kills in a vehicle, it just feels cheap.

caid

I've played pvp a good bit. The weapon that one shots you is the fusion rifle, its pretty cheap and broken really.
Shotgun can with a point blank headshot but they're not exactly common.

If your picking guns anyway a fusion rifle with a short charge time or an assault rifle with good rate of fire
are the most annoying weapons to go up against in my experience.
If you can get a strong enough shotgun to kill in one shot then thats great, im guessing it'd have to be a legendary or something to do that though.
Otherwise go for one with a good rate of fire, doesn't matter if your first bullet hits harder if they get the second shot off first.

I like the smaller maps too, mostly because im sick of people on my team charging turrets and dying like chumps over and over again.
If your looking for a positive k/d score just sit on a turret, theres no shortage of kamikaze idiots in this game tbh.

Oh and the cryptarch hates me, gotten about 5 legendary engrams and hes turned them all into blues.

Ekeke

Finally a good game with 18 kills and 4 assists was enough to complete the 25 spread from about half way. I'd returned to 6 out of 25 about 5 times at that point.

Just relieved to get through it

Adam-Utd

Fcukin hell that weekly heroic is tough...
Tonight was the wrong night to smoke some weed, that final stage was like a bad acid trip :lol:
It sucks to get that far and not really have a chance. It wasn't even Margoth who was the difficult part, it's those bloody Hallowed Knights, they are just as strong as the boss!. Unfortunately we were probably too low to tackle it really, I reckon even a group of 25's would struggle.

Good try though lads!.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Playing this with a mate at the moment, this game is far better with someone else. Find it a bit odd as drops are specific to the player, which is good as it doesn't matter that he is half my level

Castia

That loot cave is amazing just picked up 2 legendary engrams and god knows how many greenies in about 35 minutes. Just hit level 20 today, I'm pissed that there's no trophy for reaching level 20 or finishing the main story though!

Edit: well that's bullshit I get motes of light for the legendary engrams.....
So not only do you need luck for the engrams to drop but then you need luck for them to actually be purple gear? That seems fecking retarded.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Tried to solo the weekly on the level 22 normal version. A bit tired, but did it all the way up to Phogoth. Once the 3 wizards come and invade the entrance I didnt have a hope so gave up there.

Need to get that mission done for the next part of the Invective quest, so anyone on ps3 need to do it?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Highly recommend that cave, it's insane with the amount of stuff you get.

Unfortunately apart from a slightly better gun again I get nothing of any added value. Still stuck on the end of level 20, no sign of moving up.

Cina

Unfortunately apart from a slightly better gun again I get nothing of any added value. Still stuck on the end of level 20, no sign of moving up.
So you get loads of pointless loot from it?

I'm struggling to see the benefits..

mufcwarm92

Tried to solo the weekly on the level 22 normal version. A bit tired, but did it all the way up to Phogoth. Once the 3 wizards come and invade the entrance I didnt have a hope so gave up there.

Need to get that mission done for the next part of the Invective quest, so anyone on ps3 need to do it?
Same here. Later tried it with 3 level 21-23s and couldn't even get that far. I need two more strange coins before Xur leaves, need me that titan helmet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

The cave on Earth?

Ekeke

@Ekeke For that exotic bounty, which strike is the easiest/quickest to do? I need to do 5 without dying.
I did devils lair from the earth map, as you dont need to do it on heroic. You can just do the easy mode and its quite quick

Interestingly I was matched with high levels pretty much every single time, like 18+ and usually around 25 or 26 so I guess they must all be on the exotic mission or something

It didnt stop them all dying a lot despite being way overlevelled

Adam-Utd

When I went to the entrance of that cave, there was 7 people standing there with Snipers and Scout Rifles. Fcuk that :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just went to the cave, shot one enemy and he dropped a blue :lol:

tom33

When I went to the entrance of that cave, there was 7 people standing there with Snipers and Scout Rifles. Fcuk that :lol:
I don't think it actually matters that much whether other people are there. I think (though far from certain) that you're just as likely to get a drop from another player's kill as your own.

Legendz

So you get loads of pointless loot from it?

I'm struggling to see the benefits..
You get plenty of upgrade with enough time (RNG etc) - I used here and one other farming spot to go from 22-25.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So while farming that cave a public event spawned and while doing it I got my first Legendary Engram. :D

Haven't checked what it is yet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The Legendary Engram I got turned out to be a blue, however a random blue I got turned out to be a Legendary Sniper :)