Di Maria replacement if he decides to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aren86

I just hope he stays and gets back to his best as the only players I would replace him with, I cant see us getting. Im talking about Bale (not this season at least) or Ronaldo.

Losing him and De Gea would turn this transfer window into a bit of a disaster in my opinion. On talent alone, they are our best two players, even with our new signings and it would be a bit of a step back from such a promising start.

Keep him or break the bank for Bale!

starman

Was Di Maria even bought to play as a winger? If thats what we are replacing him with, than....

Lucas Moura
Pedro
Reus
Bale
Griezmann

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Most of the time Di Maria was the bench.
So I would say that we dont actually need to replace him and perhaps we already have replaced him with Depay ;)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Was Di Maria even bought to play as a winger? If thats what we are replacing him with, than....

Lucas Moura
Pedro
Reus
Bale
Griezmann
Maybe not. However Januzaj is not ready, Mata is not a RW and Valencia as a winger is....a bit crap

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'd give Januzaj a go personally. 20 years old now, we've got to show a bit of faith.

We've got more quality support around him and with Schneiderlin, Herrera and Schweinsteiger/Carrick being the foundation of our midfield we've got a real hard working force that'll get the best out of him in a creative sense and win the ball back for him.

Giving Januzaj, Juan's role last season may work to a treat as he'll get a bit more freedom like he did under Moyes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
AdM isn't going anywhere, but if he did, it wouldn't mean RW is vacant. Mata was very effective there and would give LvG a way to keep both Herrera and Mata in the starting XI.

Lennon

The perfect and obvious choice would be Bale but I don't think he will be available for some years. And certainly not in this window. Reus seems to me too injury-prone. Moura on the other hand is a talented player but LVG is looking for players which are more flexible. Pedro just signed a new contract at Barca. So that only leaves De Bruyne and Griezman. Both great players I really admire. They would be my choice too. Both very versatile. KDB is more the creative player of the two. He was outstanding for Wolfsburg this season. A footballer with brain. Griezman reminds me of a better Reus and very flexible.

Devil may care

I'd rather we rotated Mata, Januzaj and Pereira on the right than buy Gaitan, LvG said only buy to improve and Gaitan wouldn't improve us at all.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Woody isn't letting his marquee signing go without having another one to replace him. He's king of the muppets. He wouldn't do us like that.

NJM78

Reus would be my huge muppet signing ahead of Bale although probably just as unlikely.
I can imagine Depay whom I think will take the league by storm, Rooney and Reus interchanging with Bastian fecking Schweinsteiger (or Carrick), Morgan and Ander running the midfield. That would be some team.

Glanville95

I think if we do sell him we won't be getting anyone.Bale next season.
I would be for this actually. We can still use Mata on the right who is obviously very good and then show some faith in Januzaj as his immediate back-up. It would be a risk, but it might just extract the maximum from Januzaj who is clearly talented even though he's been over-hyped in some quarters.

Would anyone else feel okay with Mata, Depay, Januzaj, Young and even Lingard competing for the wide berths?

Glanville95

Not really no. We sorely lacked creativity at times last season. Giving up on Di Maria so soon would be rash but not replacing him would be negligent.
I wouldn't sell him personally. Still, I wouldn't be averse to Bale being a like-for-like replacement next season. He's far better than he's shown, unfortunately there aren't many, if any, viable replacements on the market, that are on the same level as him.

Crashoutcassius

I don't think there's any player to replace him (assuming we can get him on form).

He may not fit into LVGs system but there are no world class wide players we can get this summer, even if we play 100m.

Maybe we could get greizmann but I don't think he's close to the creativity that ADM brings

ravi2

Lucas Moura or Griezmann would be fantastic for us in the RW/RF position.

(Bale and Reus would be my #1 and #2, but I do not think they are attainable.)

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Depay is his replacement. If he really was as shit as so many say he was last year, then who cares? We've already upgraded, especially since Di Maria rarely saw the pitch in the second half of the season anyway.

Sam

Depay is his replacement. If he really was as shit as so many say he was last year, then who cares? We've already upgraded, especially since Di Maria rarely saw the pitch in the second half of the season anyway.
Depay only plays on the left.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He did but with his lack of pace and dribbling he's far from ideal as a wide forward.
then januzaj, or heaven forbid valencia. mind you, i don't want to live in a world where valencia is the starting right winger for united in 2015/16.

nevertheless, i think while it'd be great to get a pacy player on the right, i don't think that'll be a big need at this point when we still need another striker and CB more urgently.

Sam

Just going to put it out there - do we need to replace him?
Absolutely. Beyond him and Memphis (who's unproven in the league) we don't have anyone else that can dribble at pace.

Devil may care

then januzaj, or heaven forbid valencia. mind you, i don't want to live in a world where valencia is the starting right winger for united in 2015/16.

nevertheless, i think while it'd be great to get a pacy player on the right, i don't think that'll be a big need at this point when we still need another striker and CB more urgently.
Januzaj isn't overly quick either, at least not off the mark. I don't think it's an either/or situation for United, when I look at our business this year everything seems well planned out, so if Di Maria goes and if we want a winger and striker I am sure LvG and Woody will be well prepared.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Absolutely. Beyond him and Memphis (who's unproven in the league) we don't have anyone else that can dribble at pace.
Januzaj?

Atrocious last season, but I'm sure that was more growing pains than lack of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.