Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

Devil may care

Didn't we hire him as a first team scout?
Yes, but his ideas are always unproven, younger players, until recently Juve didn't drop the kind of money the other big European sides did, they did a lot of under the radar recruitment to build that squad.

Miscemayl

Perhaps he suggests wingers and the club says no, as they aren't called Gareth Bale, who can reject the club for the 5th year in a row.

Then maybe produces a list of potential CB's, and the club say no as they watched big slabhead Maguire score a header at the WC and they are horny for him.
Yep.

Our scouting department's got no chance eh?

AndyJ1985

He was probably shocked at how amateurish our scouting team is and decided to get out before his probation period ended

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What's that, then?
I'd love to post the "Why male models?" Scene from Zoolander here.

But isn't DMC kind of answering that here?

Dalot is the kind of player he is known for targeting, he gets younger talents who are on the cusp before they become ridiculously priced, pretty much the opposite of our current manager who wants older, ready made players that don't need to be coached on to the next level.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Probably fell out with Jose:lol:

Bad news if this is true. What a shambles.

EyeInTheSky

Yeah I thought Dalot was the first sign and that we could possibly guess was to do with him, but even then it's just sort of guesswork from our point of view.

Looking at how things are at the moment, I'd think a head of scouting would still work, it's not like he's director of football, he's just finding the talent?
We already have a Global head of scouting:

Ribalta operates alongside chief scout Jim Lawlor and the club's head of global scouting, Marcel Bout, and, one year on from his arrival, this will be the first transfer window where fans will begin to notice his influence.

Not just for the first team but youth teams as well where we have had talent join us.

One would think we were some tin pot pub club with no structure or organizational processes or framework according to allot of posts around this topic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Yes, but his ideas are always unproven, younger players, until recently Juve didn't drop the kind of money the other big European sides did, they did a lot of under the radar recruitment to build that squad.
His philosophy sounds like the opposite of Mourinho. Which could explain why he wants out. That's if it's true.

prath92

Dalot is the kind of player he is known for targeting, he gets younger talents who are on the cusp before they become ridiculously priced, pretty much the opposite of our current manager who wants older, ready made players that don't need to be coached on to the next level.
We already bought guys like Bailly and lindelof before that

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I have a sneaky suspicion that Jose doesn't actually listen to the scouts.....

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe his spouse is from St Petersburg?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is the bloke who started the rumour reliable?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Ribalta has left for Zenit it makes you wonder how much the club has been listening to his scouting recommendations.

luke511

If true, I wonder if his recommendations have been completely ignored by Mourinho, he seems like the kind of person to do that. Who knows.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Scouts are hired to provide clubs with alternative and often cheaper options. Instead our transfer market seem to be at a deadlock. Do we really need top scouts to bring forward names like Toby, Sandro, Bonucci and Maguire?

Kapardin

One of the shortest tenures in history?

If true, there really is a problem with our recruitment for him to be disillusioned about. I figured he would be the guy to get us those 30-40 million attacking signings that go on to have an impact far beyond their price.

AlexUTD

Scouts are hired to provide clubs with alternative and often cheaper options. Instead our transfer market seem to be at a deadlock. Do we really need top scouts to bring forward names like Toby, Sandro, Bonucci and Maguire?
Do we really know that Ribalta have recommended thesde players? i feel he probably recommended other cheaper options and got shut down.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Can't blame him, probably sick to death of seeing that miserable bastard every day when he gets to work.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Do we really know that Ribalta have recommended thesde players? i feel he probably recommended other cheaper options and got shut down.
I can't answer that. What I do believe is that we should be avoiding trying to sign players from top clubs who often do not need to sell. Now either the manager is overriding everyone or else its lazy scouting

Also if your comment is correct why would we sign Dalot?

Last edited:

AlexUTD

I can't answer that. What I do believe is that we should be avoiding trying to sign players from top clubs who often do not need to sell. Now either the manager is overriding everyone or else its lazy scouting

Also if your comment is correct why would we sign Dalot?
Fair point, Dalot must be Ribalta`s work.

Wich makes this even wierder if he leaves.

ChaddyP

Could it be possible he wants to leave to get more money. I mean zennit isn't exactly a spectacular club to join

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Why is Dalot Ribalta's work, but lack of any other signings clearly not his fault? The logic is astounding.

I have no idea what's going on, but just using it as another stick to beat Mourinho with is so boring.

Erics_Collar

To be fair, it could be a number of things.

• Hasn't settled in England.
  • Has friends/colleagues working at Zenit who he'd like to link up with again.
  • Getting a ridiculous offer from Zenit.
  • Frustrated with United's inability to get transfers over the line.
  • Frustrated with his recommendations being ignored.
  • Dislikes Fellaini
It could be so many things, personal or professional. We'll never know unless he comments.

El Zoido

Next up on How To Blame Jose For Literally Everything That Happens With The Club. Apparently there’s an empty water cooler in the canteen, which is indicative of Jose’s dour demeanour and unwillingness to support his players. A more attack-minded manager would have got it fixed immediately.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He'll be getting paid a fair bit more for doing a similar job, of course he'd move.

That said, it seems we went around the whole 'rebuilding behind the scenes' thing at 80%. Needed Director of Football to make it complete and we had been linked to a few but never went through with it. We don't even know if Dalot was his recommendation - we do have a first team scout in Portugal who has been at the club for two years. Either way we won't miss him and won't know the real reasons for him leaving unless he says.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Apparently he's off to Zenit.

I've tried to google Ribalta to Zenit and only Reddit and twitter are talking about it. They all refer to the same source, the Wizard that is Momblan. Who the feck is this Momblan guy anyway?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well, it's not like He has done anything significant here anyway so...

A Sporting director is exactly what we need so that's disappointing to hear he's left.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
There we go. Sporting director - he even got a promotion.
Nope, didn't you get the memo? He doesn't want to work for boring, negative and miserable Mourinho.

Next up on How To Blame Jose For Literally Everything That Happens With The Club. Apparently there’s an empty water cooler in the canteen, which is indicative of Jose’s dour demeanour and unwillingness to support his players. A more attack-minded manager would have got it fixed immediately.
Thanks for the laughs :lol: