Di Marzio: Javier Ribalta (Juventus scouting manager) to Man Utd

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Doesn't look like he has had any influence of our business so far. We know the targets were in place already but would be good if he had some primary targets or even alternatives to help us out. He would have been working on a list for Juve up until he left so it's not like he's starting from scratch.
Of course he hasn't. He only signed to us last month!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The Next Messi :drool:
We were expecting the next Dybala by now.

If this clown can't deliver I say we sack him and give it to Giggs until the end of the season.
Lol you might have better luck with Football Manager then, many of these mid-level personnel have no real network of their own and are just employees filling reports for a living. EDIT: you have Raiola already :devil:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's not learning the trade ffs :lol:

He will have knowledge of potential players. It's not as if he's a YTS getting an apprenticeship :houllier:
You seriously expect this guy to have an immediate impact on our transfer targets inside a month? The summer plans were already in place before he signed. And I'm pretty sure Mourinho and the scouting team from last season know exactly the type of players we need this summer.

Also, we don't even know if Ribalta has even started working for us yet. :lol:

EyeInTheSky

You seriously expect this guy to have an immediate impact on our transfer targets inside a month? The summer plans were already in place before he signed. And I'm pretty sure Mourinho and the scouting team from last season know exactly the type of players we need this summer.

Also, we don't even know if Ribalta has even started working for us yet. :lol:
I already said our targets were already set... my thoughts were around whether in the 6 weeks or whatever that are left if Jose would turn to him for ideas since it looks like we have exhausted our list of potential alternative candidates and find ourselves stuck on the last 2 signings which is exactly what Jose himself said. Last thing we want is for 2 key positions to be unfulfilled.

liamp

I already said our targets were already set... my thoughts were around whether in the 6 weeks or whatever that are left if Jose would turn to him for ideas since it looks like we have exhausted our list of potential alternative candidates and find ourselves stuck on the last 2 signings which is exactly what Jose himself said. Last thing we want is for 2 key positions to be unfulfilled.
Jose has the final say on whether to purchase players. The existing scouting staff have likely suggested a number of candidates to Jose that were shot down. I doubt Ribalta has a miraculous target in-place who matches Jose's wants and was previously unidentified by the current staff.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's not learning the trade ffs :lol:

He will have knowledge of potential players. It's not as if he's a YTS getting an apprenticeship :houllier:
Even if he does, he's at a new club and needs to fulfil other expectations in terms of what he needs to deliver.

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Wasn't it Juventus he came from?

He would know players who could play DM which is universal position and not Unique
Yeah, my bad, I thought Juve but wrote Inter. #Brainfartmoments

I'm not saying the position can't be universal, I'm saying one of the reasons he was so succesful at Juve could be that he can highlight exactly the type of players Juve needs, Naingolaan is a far different player compared with Carrick, Kante is a different player than fabinho, but they all play as DM's.

Just walking into a new club, before knowing; the complete philosophy, playing style, weaknesses, strengths & team selections etc. then bringing your own shortlisted players and advising to buy them in the same window could be dangerous.

EyeInTheSky

Yeah, my bad, I thought Juve but wrote Inter. #Brainfartmoments

I'm not saying the position can't be universal, I'm saying one of the reasons he was so succesful at Juve could be that he can highlight exactly the type of players Juve needs, Naingolaan is a far different player compared with Carrick, Kante is a different player than fabinho, but they all play as DM's.

Just walking into a new club, before knowing; the complete philosophy, playing style, weaknesses, strengths & team selections etc. then bringing your own shortlisted players and advising to buy them in the same window could be dangerous.
I like danger

Kostur

海尔的老板
Given that Poznań probably have one of the best academies in Poland and that they've recently sold many of their academy players for (what is for Polish teams) pretty good money, it's probably a good move for him and us.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Interesting analysis. Ribalta certainly made his mark at Juventus.

I noted elsewhere that Dalot is not a typical Mourinho signing. The influence of Ribalta would account for signing the youngster.
The emergence of a coherent, long term transfer strategy would certainly be welcome at the club. We’ve been scattershot in that department since Fergie left.

DevilRed

With Ribalta on board we seem to have a better system to identify high potential young players.

Looking forward to seeing which other youngsters he will bring into the set up, especially at youth level!

Hojoon

Fred is more of a Ribalta signing to me. Mou is a former Porto coach and has connections all over Portugal, so he's probably heard of the amazing reviews Dalot got. Adding in the reasonable price, it was a simple decision to go for him. With Fred, I can't remember the last time we've signed a player from Ukrainian league, there was likely a lot of scouting done that hasn't been done before in that league.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There's some shrewd signings that can be made. One of which is Torreira, Sampdoria's 22 year old DM whose got a 25m minimum fee clause inserted in his contract. Philipp Max would be decent as LB same as Lenglet as CB.

red thru&thru

MEN also reckon they’ll be a few more surprising signings. I for one am not thinking this means a marquee signing but more of the like of Dalot.

But going back to Ribalta, I strangely am excited to see his work with us for over the next few years. Other than the first team players or manager, I’ve never been as excited to see the work of another staff memeber. Well, him and McKenna now since joining the first team.

rampo

MEN also reckon they’ll be a few more surprising signings. I for one am not thinking this means a marquee signing but more of the like of Dalot.

But going back to Ribalta, I strangely am excited to see his work with us for over the next few years. Other than the first team players or manager, I’ve never been as excited to see the work of another staff memeber. Well, him and McKenna now since joining the first team.
Not to derail the thread, but I am excited about Carrick too :) Both Pogba and Lukaku have spoken highly about him and how he helped them with one-on-one training sessions

mattunited1978

doommonger
We've been linked quite a lot with Embalo.
Yeah i know, we wernt linked atall with Dalot and signed him out the blue. Not saying we wernt watching embalo, just theres other highly rated Benfica youngsters we'r probably watching aswel. Gedson Fernandez is another who's very highly rated that played in that game.

Flytan

The emergence of a coherent, long term transfer strategy would certainly be welcome at the club. We’ve been scattershot in that department since Fergie left.
Yeah with how often clubs change managers now you need to have some resemblance of a long term strategy.

Hell even City were buying players to fit Pep's system for a few years before signing him as their manager.

red thru&thru

Not to derail the thread, but I am excited about Carrick too :) Both Pogba and Lukaku have spoken highly about him and how he helped them with one-on-one training sessions
Yea, very true. Very unusual for players to come out and praise the coaches for the work they do but I’m guessing as it’s an ex-player, who they’ve played with, makes it an exception!

Bwuk

Think there is something going on behind the scenes.