Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Was funny seeing his reaction after our goal. He had his back to the play, and didnt realise, turned and saw Herrera and Lingard cheering so threw up his hands to cheer as well.

Our right side looked like crap once he went off. He didnt start great, but grew into the game despite being on a yellow.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Of all the decisions Jose made, taking Dalot off was not a bad decision. He was literally doing nothing on the right. Yes, he tried but trying is not what we need at Anfield . He wasn't getting past Robertson and wasn't great at defending him either.

We needed a change and both Lukaku and him needed to go at Half time.

AndyJ1985

Looks a good prospect. Looking forward to seeing him develop under a good manager with some attacking nous, should we ever get another one of those.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think it was one of the Portuguese members on the caf that said he's a player that thrives in a attacking system and Mourinho's system wasn't best suited to him. Hopefully we see his talent shine through in the coming weeks and months under Solkjaer.

Alabaster Codify7

If fit, he should start on the weekend. He's ready for relegation contenders, he shouldn't have any issues dealing with Cardiff.

Bwuk

Really hope he gets the chance against Huddersfield.

With our full backs playing a lot higher ala Cardiff he’ll be superb imo.

Bola

Really hope he gets the chance against Huddersfield.

With our full backs playing a lot higher ala Cardiff he’ll be superb imo.
Young put in a very good performance yesterday, so it will be harder to dislodge to. It was a high octane effort though, so I'd look to rotate in the next home game v the Terriers.

Could be a good solution sharing the RB birth between them. Dalot is inexperienced and in the short term, is still building up his match fitness after an injury lay off.

By the end of the season, I hope Dalot is the 1st choice

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He's looked completely clueless defensively and is constantly caught out behind and left trying to make recovery tackles on every play. He should be given time against the bottom table teams. Should be nowhere near the lineup in the big games yet.

Anustart89

He's looked completely clueless defensively and is constantly caught out behind and left trying to make recovery tackles on every play. He should be given time against the bottom table teams. Should be nowhere near the lineup in the big games yet.
The games where he's looked clueless and left space in behind is when he's been a wing back in a 3-5-2 (and against top opposition). When playing as a right back in a 4-4-2 he's looked fine defensively. Harsh to judge him on that as the position in itself is more advanced and bound to leave space behind for a wing forward.

It's a suicidal formation against top teams unless you employ it as a strict 5-3-2, which it didn't look like we were doing, especially when you have a team that's not used to it and you bring it in against Liverpool that have Mané and Salah on the wings.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope he starts v Huddersfield too. I've transferred him into my FPL team, taken a chance.

Bosnichatemytaibi

Supports
Utd!
He really has a young Rafael vibe about him. He no doubt can develop to be a top player but throwing him in the mix against the top tier teams could ruin any momentum, and with it confidence, that he may get.

A start against Huddersfield and a few sub appearences are all I'd hope for at the minute. If there is one thing that OGS will help him with is confidence.

Based Adnan

With OGS loving his fullbacks to push up and Dalot being exceptional at going forward I'm really excited to see what this lad can do. Hopefully he's fit enough to start.

Kag

Lots of people will like to focus on that mistake before he was taken off, but if you watch him closely there’s so much to work with. You can’t teach that delivery.

I think Young will have the edge over him in bigger matches (especially away from home) but we need to be playing him as much as possible. He’ll be grand.

el3mel

Not very good tbh. His defensive side keeps getting exposed against almost any decent opponent and he's not that fast. Has a good cross in him, but so far he won't be able to displace Young, as crap as the latter.

NoLogo

I think there is certainly something there but he isn't quite at the needed level yet which is okay imo, not every 19/20 year old can be already the finished product. It's good if he gets starts in games like this he will learn and improve and in the bigger games Young starts.

marktan

I like him, he looks good on the ball and has a great cross, just needs to work on his defensive and physical side a lot though. Whether he'll be good enough for a title challenging team remains to be seen, but he has more about him than someone like Darmian.

The United

I probably don't want to think that Jose signed him because he is tall or something like that.

People used to say you trust a defender that Jose signed. Not so much with us.

Also I am not sure if Jose has a great record with FBs. As far as I remember he has the opposite.

He has some work to do. I am not sure leaving him alone on the right with Fred who was all over the place helped him in this match.

Last edited:

King.of.Red

I want him to be successful with United so hopefully he can improve because he is still not good enough to play ahead of Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.