Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

youngrell

What I liked about his performance on Saturday was that he was getting annoyed by the forwards not converting his crosses. He wasn't just happy to be doing his job, he was hungry for the team to succeed.

Showed a great attitude.

Stepney73

I can see this lad improving game by game.

Give him a good run in the team and let's se how it goes.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really enjoyable performance from him this weekend, some of the criticism he got after Arsenal was OTT. He'll have ups and downs, he's young and the PL's a tough league but if Saturday was a sign of things to come then he'll do just fine here.

Raven

He could potentially start on the right wing at Anfield I think. Probably be a good option, would free up that left side a bit more.

Bwuk

Does anyone still think Valencia or Young should be ahead of him?

Bojan11

He could potentially start on the right wing at Anfield I think. Probably be a good option, would free up that left side a bit more.
No he won’t.

It will be Darmian and you know it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
We're so shit we might as well put trust in the likes of Dalot to at least give us something different. Mourinho is acting insane to its' definition with constantly putting out the same fecking players hoping for change.

bucky

Might be playing mind games ahead of the game with the bin dippers.
Somehow I can't see him picking Dalot for that game. I don't want to see Young ever again in a United shirt, especially not ahead of a fit Dalot, but I'm fairly sure Mourinho is going to pick Young for the Liverpool match whether Dalot is fit or not.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Somehow I can't see him picking Dalot for that game. I don't want to see Young ever again in a United shirt, especially not ahead of a fit Dalot, but I'm fairly sure Mourinho is going to pick Young for the Liverpool match whether Dalot is fit or not.
I agree, he will go with Young...

Ekeke

Was our one defender who barely won the ball. 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 clearance, 0 blocked shots, 2 aerials won

The_Podgy_Poet

Supports
Hartlepool United
I really like Dalot, he seems very fluid and natural to me. Definitely a good player in there and one of your better signings in the last few years.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought he was very poor. Struggled massively defensively (he was playing as a wingback so that could be why) and was barely involved going forward.

He's young and that was a very difficult match while playing in an unfamiliar position, so hopefully comes good.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He didn't do great but he livened up the wing. Think he'll flourish with games in an improved team.

Affirmation

For those doubting Dalot's contribution in the match, most of Liverpool's attacks stem from Robertson pushing up the field. In the first half when Dalot was playing he barley managed to get up there and create much. However when he was substituted Robertson began to effectively run their attack.

RedCurry

He didn’t do much in the game but had the right ideas every time going forward. I have time for a young player who is at least trying to do the right things.

luke511

Would be nice for Mourinho to play him in his natural position in such big games. Wing back vs. Arsenal and Liverpool, great man management that.

el3mel

Terrible decision for his confidence as a young player to sub him at half time. Terrible man management.

I think he needs to work on his defensive awareness though. This game and Arsenal one proves it still needs work to be done. He's good going forward but he needs to sort out his defensive side. He's still young though and these things can be easily coached and improved into him now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Terrible decision for his confidence as a young player to sub him at half time. Terrible man management.

I think he needs to work on his defensive awareness though. This game and Arsenal one proves it still needs work to be done. He's good going forward but he needs to sort out his defensive side. He's still young though and these things can be easily coached and improved into him now.
I think he got subbed due to him being on a yellow card.

el3mel

I think he got subbed due to him being on a yellow card.
TBH we all know if someone else like, say Matic was on the yellow, he wouldn't have been subbed by Mourinho, so still think it was a terrible man management. Just because he got a yellow doesn't mean he's surely getting sent off in second half. Should have trusted the kid.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
TBH we all know if someone else like, say Matic was on the yellow, he wouldn't have been subbed by Mourinho, so still think it was a terrible man management. Just because he got a yellow doesn't mean he's surely getting sent off in second half. Should have trusted the kid.
His record with trusting kids is pretty bad to be fair..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He has some attacking potential so he should definitely play. Our right fullbacks are shit anyway, and there is no reason to play Ashley Young or Valencia anymore. Let's see if he is good enough this season.

Bwuk

Went to pot when he went off. Robertson had complete freedom down his wing in second half. If Robertson’s delivery had been better it could of been a very bad night. Lingard was appalling on the right.

Lowkey

Standard tactic. Probably because Dalot tried to go forward and attack the space, he tried to ACTUALLY take on and run at his opposing number (yep, he lost out but how refreshing to see a united player try and not be scared), and the fact he was booked. Confidence ruined, will be shackled and be told if you ever do that again you wont play for United and basically turn him into another Darmian. Just another young player that will probably lose his talent and have it sucked out of him by this deluded and inept backroom coaching staff and management

Hardly surprising though is it. Mourinho loves to sacrifice players to shift the blame off himself.

He was alright really, but you have to question the decision to take a player who has played 10 top flight games in his entire life and drop him in a totally unfamiliar position in the biggest game in English football. The Arsenal game was the only other game he's ever played as a wing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.