Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Finally a decent signin from mourinho
And another dig at our scouts when praising him in the post match "I’m not a scout, I have no chance to do that. I can do it with Dalot because he is Portuguese. I can control that market pretty well. He’s a player with fantastic potential"

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How mind boggling is it that we actually have a football player that can rattle opposition and consistently deliver a dangerous ball in 8/10 times? It’s so insanely simple and fundamental to a football team that we have almost been like a car with 3/4 wheels on without him

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
And another dig at our scouts when praising him in the post match "I’m not a scout, I have no chance to do that. I can do it with Dalot because he is Portuguese. I can control that market pretty well. He’s a player with fantastic potential"
It’s not like Lindelof has been incredible thus far, a player he scouted.

Irwin99

It’s not like Lindelof has been incredible thus far, a player he scouted.
Yeah, i suspect another bit of deflection going on from Jose.

Dalot was pretty damn impressive today. Not sure if we'll see him at Anfield though.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Fantastic game. Love him. Probably a better overall performance than Shaw has ever done for this club. His crossing is amazing and he has a great football brain.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
How mind boggling is it that we actually have a football player that can rattle opposition and consistently deliver a dangerous ball in 8/10 times? It’s so insanely simple and fundamental to a football team that we have almost been like a car with 3/4 wheels on without him
Even though when actually analysed Evra's crossing rarely resulted in a goal directly, when we were at our absolute best from 07 onwards he was the focal point of our attack, so much play through an attacking full back that wasn't afraid to take someone on and whip a ball in.

Dalot is a breath of fresh air.

Utdstar01

Those who knew alot about him on this forum always said he's an awesome prospect. Yet we had numpties writing him off in midweek after his first PL start :lol: we need to give him opportunities and I think he'll be a mainstay in the first eleven for the rest of the season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
terrific crossing. If he had a bit more speed he would be dynamite. Still good as it is. Especially his crossing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think its more the case of him trying to cover his arse. His career is hitting the rocks and one of the main reasons why its happening is that the club had spent 400m on players he wanted that turned out to be mostly tripe. That's something he needs to justify with prospective employers, so the earlier the excuses come out, the better.

However, we know better then this. Back in summer Mourinho said.

"I think it’s possible I am going to have one. It’s possible. And that one I gave a list to my club five names a few months ago, and I wait to see if it's possible to have one of these players."

Surely he can't ask for players he knows nothing about.

Also most of our signings have links to him. Similarly to Dalot, Lindelof was bought in the Portuguese league, Pogba played in the Serie A, Grant and Sanchez were bought from the EPL while Bailly played in La Liga. Mou knows these three leagues very well. Not to forget Matic, Zlatan and Lukaku who all worked under Mourinho. So this leave us with Fred and Mkhitaryan. This is what Mou said back in the day

Fred

"Fred will complement our other midfielders' qualities, which we need; his creative brain and passing vision will give us another dimension to our game.

"I am very happy he is joining our club and I believe our players know how important he can be in our team."

Mkhitaryan

“Henrikh is a very talented footballer who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country. He is a real team player with great skill, vision and also has a good eye for goal. I am delighted he has chosen to sign for United.
I believe he will make an impact on the team very quickly as his style of play is suited to the Premier League. We are all looking forward to working with him"

Mick321

He was excellent but just like being terrible v Arsenal didn't make him crap this doesn't make him amazing, hopefully he builds on this and can be a mainstay for years to come, we are desperate for it so today was encouraging.

C'est Moi Cantona

Great, but way too early to draw any conclusions, I remember Bailly looking amazing early on as well, but Jose just doesn't seem to allow young players like this to flourish and progress, perhaps he can buck the trend if given the chances though.

Anustart89

Like I said mid-week, I'm not going to pass judgment on his ability to play full back based on a game where he's been deployed as a wing back. Felt like he had a much clearer role today which helped him stay in position defensively. Mind you, Fulham were terrible but he showed that letting people just walk in behind him isn't a habit of his.

Like the rest of you, I was very impressed with his attacking play. Not only the crosses, but the way he took off as soon as we had the ball, allowing him to receive the ball halfway into their half while moving forward with the ball as he was receiving it. Usually, our full backs tend to move up to the halfway line, turn around and wait for the ball to be played into their feet, which means that once they get going we're attacking against a settled defensive line.

His performance also highlighted how much bigger his potential is than Shaw's. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A relief to have a right back who can cross again. Hope his defending ultimately proves to match the level of his attacking. First proper right back we've had since Rafael in 2012/13 maybe.

el3mel

Fantastic game. Love him. Probably a better overall performance than Shaw has ever done for this club. His crossing is amazing and he has a great football brain.
He has surely put more accurate crosses today than Shaw has ever put for us or something. :D

Dante

Average bang
The last time I declared my love for a new United rightback, he turned into Matteo Darmian.

Feck it, I'll do it again. Dalot is the future.

Ashley R1+O

Superb today! Still short of 90 minutes of fitness I'd warrant as he looked to struggle past 65-70 minutes. Proud of him today. Excellent.

Farfetched

What I like about Dalot is that he knows the right direction to play! Give him the ball and his natural inclination is to move forward, a refreshing change to aimless sideways or backwards passing of late.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One thing to point out that is magnificent for his age is his pure understanding and intelligence to the football on the pitch. He knows exactly how to time and position his runs forward and he knows when to take on a fullback or control the pace of the game by passing it back. He has the technical ability to pull either off but still seems to look like he’s 28 playing in fullback. Brilliant

youmeletsfly

Good going forward, but most of you miss his lack of defensive positioning.

Still needs 5-6 games in the starting lineup and we'll see.

Rossa

Great game. I loved his crossing an attacking play in general. Looked a little slow as he did against Arsenal, so I fear for him against Mane.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Would he work as an proper skilful right winger?
I was thinking same thing. Bottom line he should be starting most games, youngster or not I think he looks one of our best players and I've been saying it for every game he played. Ok Arsenal he was a bit rusty, but otherwise he is incredibly positive to our play.

Hamzah

He actually owned Mane when Porto played Liverpool at Anfield in last year’s CL if my memory serves me right.

Great game. I loved his crossing an attacking play in general. Looked a little slow as he did against Arsenal, so I fear for him against Mane.

kr0nix

Maybe it's a positioning issue, because he doesn't look slow running up the pitch.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed. Tierney and Dalot would be a very good pair, and importantly allow us to attack with our full backs. Tierney is much better than Shaw going forward.
I'm a big fan of Tierney and think he'll be a fantastic addition as a LB.

Silas

Missed the game today, but I'm happy to see he played well. I can see him being our undisputed RB choice by the start of next season.

Brilliant player with huge potential. Has everything to develop into one of the best in his position. Has pace, strength, and good crossing which will become apparent as he plays more games.

I've been saying since we signed him that we don't need a RB anymore, and I hope you people who said we did, will see the same. We could upgrade our LB position though with someone like Kieran Tierney.
Exactly who I had in mind. No idea how he's been doing this season tbh, but I reckon he'll be fantastic in the near future.

automaticflare

A great game I loved some of the deliveries and also the different types showing he is not one dimensional low fizzers, whips, little dink’s

Must be said Fulham were fracking awful but no way Valencia or young would have produced as much quality

I think young has dropped off a bit this season even from last

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s not rapid, I don’t think, which is a shame, as he appears to have everything else he needs. He can still become a good player, but he doesn’t really look like he will power past people, which is a huge asset for an attacking full-back.

meamth

Finally someone who can whip the ball consistently. Finally! My god how long has it been?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He’s not rapid, I don’t think, which is a shame, as he appears to have everything else he needs. He can still become a good player, but he doesn’t really look like he will power past people, which is a huge asset for an attacking full-back.
Can you give me a example of a rapid fullback who is world class so I can get a idea of what you mean?

Foxbatt

I was also thinking that he could be deployed as a right winger. We do not have anyone.

haram

Our forwards are gonna need to get used to actually attacking the 6 yard box when Dalot gets into position to cross. All this time they've just been waiting in the box knowing the cross was gonna be shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.