Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he's doing fine, I have to remind myself he is only 19, there's potential there. I'm happy to be patient with him. He'll need time to build up an understanding with Fred/Herrera and Mata/Lingard.

Devil81

His first five games were fantastic but the last two have shown his area's for improvement. Mourinho hung him out to dry against Liverpool so I'm not going to blame the kid for that but he was really poor yesterday and he maybe needs more games from the bench in future. I'd be tempted to bring him on as an attacking midfielder to make sure he gets game time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Commentator on my stream said he was out injured. The guy is injury prone.

bondsname

I'm worried about this guy, I think he came to United because he wanted to play for Mourinho. Now that he is gone he has become garbage.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yeah not really seeing this elite talent he was hyped to be. Let’s see.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Needs to keep it simple and let the game come naturally. Feel like he’s trying too hard sometimes

I'm worried about this guy, I think he came to United because he wanted to play for Mourinho. Now that he is gone he has become garbage.
Irrelevant. He wouldn't have gone to play for Jose at a small team.

He's played less than 20 games as a pro. He needs matches. Wasn't great, but will get better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
One of my biggest let downs today was not seeing Dalot stretch his legs and get down the byline. He wasn't that bad but he wasn't very good either. Says a lot that Young is easily the better option at right back right now.

klsv

Think he needs time to adapt and stability. He played for Porto and Porto B last season and at United under Mourinho and Solskjaer, that's four managers in a year he's played under as an inexperienced youngster.

norm87cro

The lad is going to be class. His movement and the feel for space is second to none. Jose got his signing spot on

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Getting more underwhelming each time I see him, but hopefully just an adaptation issue.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can see his ability and I also like the positions he takes up.
Today he was trying to influence the attack but was repeatedly killed by midfielders losing the ball in inexcusable situations. Was one of our least worst players.

Devil may care

I have high hopes for him but he was disppointing for the most part, I know he has no one to link up with down that right flank which isn't helping, but I was looking for him to stand out today.

Ban

Oh come on. He's 19, has all the time and not playing that much right now. These kind of theories are doing my head in.

NinjaFletch

He had played 6 games before he joined us.

Shockingly, he's a bit up and down and not the finished article. Who would have known?

Sylar

I wont count this season. Was never going to be a starter for us this season (dont think that was intention). Would like to see him continue getting the odd game here and there to develop.

Red_toad

Oh come on. He's 19, has all the time and not playing that much right now. These kind of theories are doing my head in.
Lets not forget Ronaldo was a one trick pony for a long time. Fans generally run with their opinions, some are not very enlightened with theirs.

Deleted member 101472

Really not sure about him at the moment. Feel like a home game against reading, if he’s that good it should be noticeable and he didn’t stand out at all.

Deleted member 101472

I think at 19 you can still stand out if you’re good enough. Trent Alexander Arnold only just turned 20 and he looks considerably better at everything.

ErranMorad

Slow and not very good defensively. Don't know what to make of him, yet. His crossing and attacking play looked good in one of the previous appearances but was off today. Will give him time. However, one thing is certain that we need a new starer for next season. This guy will not be ready to take over from Valencia.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Another bad game. Think it will take time for him . Potential is there.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's not ready to be the number one right back, which is fine.
We have a healthy amount of young players with potential which is what you want at United; he's in a good place to develop.

Based Adnan

Not a shock that any RB that plays behind Mata is underwhelming. Much better in the 2nd half but the service to him that would allow him to overlap was lacking. His defensive side will improve with experience. Easy to forget he's played less than 20 matches at senior level.

khoazany

I'm not worried about his performances, what I'm worried is I haven't seen things that make me think he's an outstanding talent for the future. We have a couple of promising right backs in the rank, what makes Dalot "the chosen one" for the next 10 years beside the fact that we spent some money for him?

That saying maybe he'll play better with a good right winger that he can link up and allow him to have more space for crossing etc.

Deleted member 101472

Not a shock that any RB that plays behind Mata is underwhelming. Much better in the 2nd half but the service to him that would allow him to overlap was lacking. His defensive side will improve with experience. Easy to forget he's played less than 20 matches at senior level.
It’s a good point that about mata. I think Dalot is the type of right back who benefits from a true winger and someone who keeps the tempo ticking over. Mata, despite being arguably the most talented player at the club, simply slows the game down too much.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's 19 and hasn't played many first team games for Porto. Plus, moving countries and settling into a league can't be easy. We need to be very patient with him I feel.

bondsname

He had played 6 games before he joined us.

Shockingly, he's a bit up and down and not the finished article. Who would have known?
I'm not trying to be harsh, I know he is young and has a long career infront of him. I never once said this is as good as he is going to get. We've seen what he is capable of, but I think he is a little bit disappointed that Mourinho got the sack which is affecting his game.

If I remember correctly, I read a quote a while back where Dalot said Mourinho played a major role in him joining United or something that. It makes sense, they're both Portuguese and a chance for Dalot to grow under one of the most defensively intelligent managers in history.

kundalini

He did one good cross and another that was over-hit. Expected a lot more from him from an attacking perspective. Gave the ball away carelessly at least once.

Ban

I think at 19 you can still stand out if you’re good enough. Trent Alexander Arnold only just turned 20 and he looks considerably better at everything.
Yeah it works like that for all the players. Not. TAA is a first teamer and plays all the games.

Ban

Lets not forget Ronaldo was a one trick pony for a long time. Fans generally run with their opinions, some are not very enlightened with theirs.
It's either black or white. Little more time and he'll be called a waste of money.

MDFC Manager

Not good enough defensively, and his crossing is a lot more miss than hit.

Still has a lot of time on his hands to develop though.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm not worried about his performances, what I'm worried is I haven't seen things that make me think he's an outstanding talent for the future. We have a couple of promising right backs in the rank, what makes Dalot "the chosen one" for the next 10 years beside the fact that we spent some money for him?

That saying maybe he'll play better with a good right winger that he can link up and allow him to have more space for crossing etc.

Kind of agree. He hasn't looked great so far, or shown flashes of real quality, he's just been okay or bad.

Ace of Spades

To be fair, the poor sod always seems to be paired with Mata, and the weakest CB partnership so far. No one to link up with on the wing, expect no help from the winger in defending, and the CB partnership is shaky. Not the ideal circumstances to be learning as a young RB.

And yeah, hope some of our academy prospects get a chance as well, so far Dalot does not look any more developed than them.

Andersons Dietician

There are things he does where you’re like ok has some skill. I mean there was one moment he had isolated someone and he started to do a lot of party tricks and we’ve seen already he can cross but my worry at the moment is he doesn’t really look all that athletic, he doesn’t look as if he has that burst of pace to get to where he wants to be or just create that yard.

Still want to see a lot more of him but I recall seeing Luke Shaw come through and he looked levels above Dalot but could be because he had that athleticism.

ROFLUTION

There are things he does where you’re like ok has some skill. I mean there was one moment he had isolated someone and he started to do a lot of party tricks and we’ve seen already he can cross but my worry at the moment is he doesn’t really look all that athletic, he doesn’t look as if he has that burst of pace to get to where he wants to be or just create that yard.

Still want to see a lot more of him but I recall seeing Luke Shaw come through and he looked levels above Dalot but could be because he had that athleticism.
I agree, some acceleration/pace would do him good.. Crossing is his force at the moment, but still young and learning

Status
Not open for further replies.