Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

I'm worried about this guy, I think he came to United because he wanted to play for Mourinho. Now that he is gone he has become garbage.
He was subbed off vs Liverpool and wasn't great against Huddersfield, I think that wasthe next game he started. He's a young player, he won't be consistent right now but the main thing is he gets game time to learn and works his flaws out in training.

zenith

Dalot has a bright future here, he has done good attributes but still very raw and that's understandable given his age . Slowly but surely he'll keep getting better in all aspects of his game. Just needs games and some tolerance

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not worried about his performances, what I'm worried is I haven't seen things that make me think he's an outstanding talent for the future. We have a couple of promising right backs in the rank, what makes Dalot "the chosen one" for the next 10 years beside the fact that we spent some money for him?

That saying maybe he'll play better with a good right winger that he can link up and allow him to have more space for crossing etc.
I'm in the same boat really, I haven't seen anything from Dalot just yet to convince me he's a better talent than Ethan Laird.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People saying he’ll improve, I’m sure he will but at that position you need great pace to really stand out and be world class. He doesn’t have that pace. Let’s hope he can somehow add acceleration away from his man.

I’d go for Wan Bissaka instead.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He will improve no doubt but in the right back position we simply don't have that luxury, we
need someone of top quality now.

Bola

A so so performance today, but did far more than Valencia the other night.

Let's keep rotating him, with Young 1st choice against the bigger teams

meninred

I read in this same forum that he was great at crossing.where did that go ?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
My only concern with him is he doesn't look fast enough for the modern attacking full back role.

I think that would really set him apart with his skill set.

Eddy_JukeZ

I am unconvinced at his talent overall.

He doesn't stand out. We need to find a 1st choice RB in the summer.

caid

I think he'll be ok tbh. He's playing pretty conservatively and I dont think the confidence is there yet to take risks going forward but theres been some good passes and hes defensively pretty switched on which is about the most you can really expect from him at this point.

Welbeckham

This post will be deemed overly harsh and cynical, but...

The worrying thing about him is the lack of significant strenghts. He really doesn’t seem very athletic, does not have the pace or the stamina. His technique is not really top class either. It’s obviously still early days, but I’m not really convinced so far.

He’s still young, but the truth is that he is currently far from good enough if we aim to compete for top 4, and so far I’m not seeing that special strength that would make him good enough in the future.

He is supposed to be a special talent. We paid a significant fee for him, so the expectations are obviously high. Is he really better than players we already had in our ranks? Same question sadly applies to multiple Mourinho signings.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
His positioning is what lets him down at the moment, hopefully that improves soon.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Too slow for my liking. Was a nothing performance. Things are likely to get better, but he’s still too slow I think.

Alabaster Codify7

Actually, to better put my point across.
Jose reckoned this lad is the brightest talent in Europe at RB. I can't see anything to suggest that, so far. I wasn't expecting great things this season but with that kind of praise (yes, yes, managers do big up their signings I know) I was expecting to see glimpses of 'wow, this lad has got something'. So far, I'm not getting any of those kind of vibes off Dalot.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I've seen enough games of him in the last two years to say that he is a very very good RB talent..
But of course that was mainly youth football (I saw just two senior games) and to play for Manchester United is also totally different.

He hasn't played many matches because of injuries.....but if he is fit then i would like to see him with more starts in a row before we think to buy for example a RB like Meunier.

Valencia is totally done.
Young is not good enough.
Darmian is not good enough.

Dalot's time should come now.

Alabaster Codify7

I've seen enough games of him in the last two years to say that he is a very very good RB talent..
But of course that was mainly youth football (I saw just two senior games) and to play for Manchester United is also totally different.

He hasn't played many matches because of injuries.....but if he is fit then i would like to see him with more starts in a row before we think to buy for example a RB like Meunier.

Valencia is totally done.
Young is not good enough.
Darmian is not good enough.

Dalot's time should come now.

Should, but on this evidence, it won't. He looks 2yrs off being ready - which means we're gonna need to bring in a RB in the summer.

I would say sell Valencia / give him away. Then bring in someone of the likes of Meunier and Dalot's job will be to improve and try to displace him over 2-3 seasons.

Ashley R1+O

Looks very good, understands the position and having had to endure Valencia and Young over the last few years I think it stands out that this lad has the talent and the ability.

Toad

I'm worried about this guy, I think he came to United because he wanted to play for Mourinho. Now that he is gone he has become garbage.
Anybody of his caliber would want to come to us, he saw the chance and grabbed it. More Mourinhos fault looking after his own possibly.

el3mel

Him being slow will hurt him on the long run. He has good and clear talent but being not that fast in such age is a terrible luck for him.

The United

It is hard to see what he is good at so far but I am no scout or coach.

It is like Jose bought him as some kind of tall men collection for himself. Also Jose was known to be good at signing CBs but never with FBs as far as I remember.

Utdstar01

Instead of constantly criticising the lad and berating him why not concentrate on the positives? Reportedly has a really good attitude and is a really hard worker. Seems everyone has just focused on the negatives and everyone has forgotten his positive showings like vs Fulham. He's still young, he needs time.

stepic

He’s still a kid ffs. Some mental posts in this thread.

The issue is that we need a first teamer now - because Valencia and Young don’t cut it. He’s fine to keep for the future but we still a new RB. It was a weird signing in a way, he’s the type of young player you should buy when your first choice still has a number of good years left in them - which is not the case with our current choices.

haram

Everyone wants to throw kids into the lineup but dont want to give them any time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s still very young, let’s give him time but at the same time we need a new right back (27-30 yo) to play regularly next season (no guarantee that Young can perform in a top level at his age next season).

And regarding him being slow as a full back, remind you guys that [Irrelevant point] is one of the top left back in the league right now and he’s slow as well. If Dalot is slow but can improve him passing and crossing that’ll benefit enough for our attacking threats.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This forum never seizes to amaze me :lol:
Will he be a world class rb? I don't know but the guy has about 20 first team appearances in total so it's slightly early to write him off ffs.

podurban2

Is he really not that fast?

Against Huddersfield he was the fastest player on the pitch. I thought he was supposed to be quick?

Red_toad

Is he really not that fast?

Against Huddersfield he was the fastest player on the pitch. I thought he was supposed to be quick?
He is, it's just this place, negative fans looking to jump on any player who has a poor performance, miss controls a ball or gets beaten for pace. Rashford was shite a few weeks back, now he's back on the hype train, it's just the way it goes in here.

Loublaze

ATLien
He is, it's just this place, negative fans looking to jump on any player who has a poor performance, miss controls a ball or gets beaten for pace. Rashford was shite a few weeks back, now he's back on the hype train, it's just the way it goes in here.
Indeed. Lukaku is totally shite according to many on here even with his 3 goals in 3 apps off the bench

Bola

He’s still a kid ffs. Some mental posts in this thread.

The issue is that we need a first teamer now - because Valencia and Young don’t cut it. He’s fine to keep for the future but we still a new RB. It was a weird signing in a way, he’s the type of young player you should buy when your first choice still has a number of good years left in them - which is not the case with our current choices.
It's the curse of the red cafe, where posters seemingly expect a ready made talent, while also having them being years away from the 'will be over 30 soon, waste of money' age of 28. They need a bit of patience to see the lad develop as he could be a cracker

I agree with your point on the signing though. We should have really have gone for a player who is 'ready made' as the right back spot was a priority position. Perhaps the thinking was that Dalot was too good to turn down and would come good soon?

We have Dalot now and my view is to rotate him with Young and see out the end of the season. If he is far from ready/ unlikely to be good enough, then prioritise a 'ready made player'. Hopefully it won't come to this

zenith

He'll take quite some time to develop into a first team regular. Even if he puts in a few brilliant performances till the end of the season, he'll be nowhere near first choice..

sam147

Apparently he is not fast eventhough he is one of our fastest players. He has a bulky physique so looks slow. He is 19. These are the same fans who've held Luke Shaws hand for 5 years even while he was inexcusably overweight. If only his name was Dorothy Dalot and he was ENGLISH. Maybe then he would get extra support.

Status
Not open for further replies.